2009 prediction.....9-7

jm_falcons

My thinking is that our offense and STs are good. Also...our run D will be ok. But...obviously....pass rush and pass coverage will be weak.

So...when we face teams with good qbs...we will have trouble. Yes....I do have us losing to the Saints twice. But before you slam me....understand that D Brees is a top tier qb. We just dont match up well. If we can obtain a good fa CB and blitz more...then maybe a 10-6/11-5 season.....maybe. OTW......the following will come to pass

MIA W

CAR W (close)

ne L (could get ugly)

sf W

CHI W (close)

dal L

no L

WASH W (blow out)

car L

nyg L (close)

TB W (blow out)

PHL L

NO L (close)

nyj W

BUF W

tb W

The schedule is tough....but it is tough for every team in our division. Carolina will go 9-7 as well.....NO 8-8....TB 6-10.

It will come down to tie-breaker between us and Carolina for the division. Most of our losses are against teams with above average qb's.

The WCs will come out of the NFC east which means that the nfc south winner will most likely host a NFC east WC team. AZ wins the west...Min up north. Giants win the east.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will only say that I hope we do better than I am expecting for this year. I did not like what happened to our defense over the off season, and have said that we will be forced into playing from behind often.....I don't think we will be highly successful in stopping the run this year.....and previously we only had one pass rusher, which made me give our D-Line a C, due to having Jackson in the middle to clog up the run. Now we have gone light in the D-line and I think our line will be pushed backwards. We lost leadership at D-Back (Milloy) and we lost 2 starting linebackders (we replaced one with Peterson)......Overall, Defense will be hurting this year. I think our Defense went from a C ranking to a D+.......Offensively we have improved....but I do not believe Ryan has the experience to be playing from behind....I am expecting Ryan's statistics to step back to reality since he will be forced to throw more often.

Last year.....I said with Ryan we would go 9 -7.......This year, I am expecting less....unfortunately........But....regardless, I hope I am wrong....and I will be watching every game once again and cheering for the birds.

Predictions are worthless and a waste of time. No one has a clue how good or bad any team really is. Most people are making predictions off of pre season games. Detroit was predicted to have a playoff run last season, look what happened. Miami and our very own Falcons were suppose to be at the bottom of the list. What happened. I said it b4 and I'll say it now. My pointless prediction is 11-5 :D

I think that is realistic, but here is mine:

MIA W

CAR W (The Cats are going to SUCK this year)

ne L (Unless we have a good pass rush. I think the Pats time is waning and they could go 11-5 again))

sf L (The MB will be going nuts at this point.)

CHI W (close)- agree

dal W (Dallas=overrated)

no L

WASH W (think we burn some toast again?)

car W (Really, they suck)

nyg L (If we beat the pats, we lose to the giants and vice versa)

TB W (blow out)

PHL W (I think we avenge our loss last year)

NO L (close or blowout, one or the other)

nyj W

BUF W

tb W

Gives us 11-5

My thoughts are we will be either 4-4 in our div. or 6-2. This being because we will still have teams with good home records (4-4), or because the talent drops off (6-2). I think we steal either the Pats or G-Men game (however, the Giants have a great run defense that scares me, but so did the bears last year...)

Chicago has cutler who can throw 400 yards on us, but I think we will surprise in that one. We may end up "having their number"

-me-

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think my streak will continue as the Falcons roll the skins. However...my next 2 predictions look suspect. This Falcons team is too good to lose to both Car and nyg. I will eat my crow sooner rather than later. But for now...every game right so far.

My thinking is that our offense and STs are good. Also...our run D will be ok. But...obviously....pass rush and pass coverage will be weak.

So...when we face teams with good qbs...we will have trouble. Yes....I do have us losing to the Saints twice. But before you slam me....understand that D Brees is a top tier qb. We just dont match up well. If we can obtain a good fa CB and blitz more...then maybe a 10-6/11-5 season.....maybe. OTW......the following will come to pass

MIA W

CAR W (close)

ne L (could get ugly)

sf W

CHI W (close)

dal L

no L

WASH W (blow out)

car L

nyg L (close)

TB W (blow out)

PHL L

NO L (close)

nyj W

BUF W

tb W

The schedule is tough....but it is tough for every team in our division. Carolina will go 9-7 as well.....NO 8-8....TB 6-10.

It will come down to tie-breaker between us and Carolina for the division. Most of our losses are against teams with above average qb's.

The WCs will come out of the NFC east which means that the nfc south winner will most likely host a NFC east WC team. AZ wins the west...Min up north. Giants win the east.

NO 8-8? What was I thinking!

I think my streak will continue as the Falcons roll the skins. However...my next 2 predictions look suspect. This Falcons team is too good to lose to both Car and nyg. I will eat my crow sooner rather than later. But for now...every game right so far.

• 2 weeks later...

First 9 games picked exactly right. I would however...like to eat some crow if the Falcons can beat the Giants. At 6-4 and with the remaining schedule...we would be in good shape to make a WC run. 4 of the remaining 6 games are at home and our road games are against weak teams.

Giants are worried about the direction ther are going. Falcons are angry coming off last weeks loss. I like our chances...I hope my streak ends this sunday...I really do. Go Falcons!

Predictions are worthless and a waste of time. No one has a clue how good or bad any team really is. Most people are making predictions off of pre season games. Detroit was predicted to have a playoff run last season, look what happened. Miami and our very own Falcons were suppose to be at the bottom of the list. What happened. I said it b4 and I'll say it now. My pointless prediction is 11-5 :D

That was my prediction for this season as well and the rest of the schedule sets us up perfectly for it. We did it last year against all odds and will shock the world again!! :D