Are there really people throwing BVG under the bus

Vicious

Are you guys serious? The man performed a miracle last year with a defense patched together with rookies and guys near retirement. That defense was money when it counted, you know: keeping the other team from scoring. Enter this year, and he's trying some new things out in preseason to see how his guys (including 5 new starters) handle what's thrown at them. How on Earth can you say BVG is doing something other than a fanfreakingtastic job with what he has to work with?? Because his guys performed poorly with the new plays he was trying out? That's one of the dumbest things I have heard in a while now. All that tells me is that you have no idea what you are talking about. Sure, the corners need some definite work, as well as the pass rush, but this is the freaking preseason.

I could care less if the defense gives up a record number of yards for the season as long as they keep the other team from scoring at least as good as they did last year, then they will have exceeded my expectations 2 years in a row. The defense still has at least another year or two before the rebuilding starts to slow down. This is a very young defense, that will get better with time. BVG has done nothing short of spectacular with what he has to work with. If you want to blame someone for poor play, then blame the guy who took a bad angle, the guy who gets caught looking into the backfield, or the guy who isn't getting pressure on the QB.

I can't wait until the regular season. Then we won't have to listen to everyone talk about how terrible of a defensive coordinator he is. Once the regular season hits, all the ridiculous threads will begin to disappear. Only a little more than a week and a half left! :D

It's obvious that we still have some Petrina leftovers on this board! BVG is a very good D coach and will work things out with the help of Dimitroff & Co. I don't blame folks for being down on the D, but understand that "This is not your daddy's Falcons" so have faith that things will be taken care of...

I didn't like him much last season. He sucks at DC because he's so busy looking for his 89th job after 4 years

You are officially the least educated poster on the subject of the DC for the Falcons. You've clearly expressed your lack of knowledge on the subject numerous times over the course of the last few days. I'm not sure if it's because you don't understand how impressive of a job he did with what talent he had last year, or if you are clearly biased no matter how well he does because you are somehow emotionally connected to Georgia Southern ( in which I would clearly understand the hate thing). What tangible evidence do you possibly have that says otherwise?

Are you guys serious? The man performed a miracle last year with a defense patched together with rookies and guys near retirement. That defense was money when it counted, you know: keeping the other team from scoring. Enter this year, and he's trying some new things out in preseason to see how his guys (including 5 new starters) handle what's thrown at them. How on Earth can you say BVG is doing something other than a fanfreakingtastic job with what he has to work with?? Because his guys performed poorly with the new plays he was trying out? That's one of the dumbest things I have heard in a while now. All that tells me is that you have no idea what you are talking about. Sure, the corners need some definite work, as well as the pass rush, but this is the freaking preseason.

I could care less if the defense gives up a record number of yards for the season as long as they keep the other team from scoring at least as good as they did last year, then they will have exceeded my expectations 2 years in a row. The defense still has at least another year or two before the rebuilding starts to slow down. This is a very young defense, that will get better with time. BVG has done nothing short of spectacular with what he has to work with. If you want to blame someone for poor play, then blame the guy who took a bad angle, the guy who gets caught looking into the backfield, or the guy who isn't getting pressure on the QB.

It's a combination of both.

not one preseason game how bout all 3 of them.. we need Willie Martinez.. oohhh. never mind his D gets no pass rush either.... gerogia DC are garbage and thats a fact..

Put down the pipe, guy. I'll give you that Willie Mo isn't a third of what BVG was at UGA, but BVG was the man while he was there. Don't let the facts get in the way of your hate, though. Maybe you should do a little research about his stay at UGA before your foot gets stuck in your mouth.

Its ridiculous. What has BVG done other than throw a lot of crazy blitzes at opposing O's because our front 4 hast decided not to rush the passer yet. This D is not complete just like last year and no matter how we want to look at it BVG is still doing the best he has with what he has. Not to say this D cant be good they are just a liitle young and inexperienced, when this front 4 gets better you will see how nasty of a Defense Mr. BVG runs.

Its ridiculous. What has BVG done other than throw a lot of crazy blitzes at opposing O's because our front 4 hast decided not to rush the passer yet. This D is not complete just like last year and no matter how we want to look at it BVG is still doing the best he has with what he has. Not to say this D cant be good they are just a liitle young and inexperienced, when this front 4 gets better you will see how nasty of a Defense Mr. BVG runs.

FTW.

BvG was the reasom for the 10-ish pts allowed last year. The defense itself was to blame for the being 25th overall. He was on the sideline giving them the business. He's a good D coordinator. We just have to get our players in order.

BVG plays the softest defense of all the 2008 playoff teams. Even Smitty was caught on tape after the 3rd and 16 play saying 'dam we gotta change the scheme'. Then the SD preseason game happens. I almost want Ed Zonatell back. On second thought. Hail naw!!!! BVG is an Ed Zonatell clone.

He runs a bend but don't break that would rival Jim Mora and Marion Campbell (the creator of the BBDB). You know. Those are empty yards. :rolleyes: I have never seen a BBDB like that win a Bowl. Ever.

And don't give the defense credit for the 2008 pts ranking. They got abused. The offense helped them out by keeping opposing offenses off the field. Goody and crew really, really helped them by putting GB, OAK, DET, KC and STL on the schedule. No such luck this year bro. They better man up quick or you boys will be cryin come week 8. Trust me.

BVG plays the softest defense of all the 2008 playoff teams. Even Smitty was caught on tape after the 3rd and 16 play saying dam we gotta change the scheme. I almost want Ed Zonatell back. On second thought. Hail naw. BVG is in the same class though.

He runs bend but don't break that would rival Jim Mora and Marion Campbell (the creator of the BBDB). I have never seen a BBDB like that win a Bowl. Ever.

And don't give the defense credit for the 2008 pts ranking. They got abused. The offense helped them out by keeping opposing offenses off the field. Goody and crew really, really helped them by putting GB, OAK, DET, KC and STL on the schedule. No such luck this year bro. They better man up quick or you boys will be cryin come week 8. Trust me.

Colts and the Giants made SB runs using BBDB, but its your original complaint that is more true. Troubling personnel. I'm a strong believer that you play based upon what you have. You have to be creative. Colts have two smallish DE's who have great technique and speed along with okay DT's, fast LB's and heads up corners. The FS/SS is Sanders (he plays a hybrid role) and "whoever" at the other Safety playing off of Sanders.

Giants had a monster front four...nasty. With 3 LB's who flew around and heads up DB's.

With us, we have to stunt and blitz more, press the receivers, and we should play 2 FS (DS).

Tell me how messed up this idea is until we get things straight...Abraham, Jerry, Babineaux, Sidbury/Biermann rotates (use Davis in heavy rotation), Peterson, Lofton, Nicholas (use Adkins on Blitz packages with Peterson in the middle and Lofton on the sideline), Owens and Jackson....Safeties Coleman and Houston ( :o )...he can use that speed and strength and not have to turn his head around.

BVG plays the softest defense of all the 2008 playoff teams. Even Smitty was caught on tape after the 3rd and 16 play saying dam we gotta change the scheme. I almost want Ed Zonatell back. On second thought. Hail naw. BVG is in the same class though.

He runs bend but don't break that would rival Jim Mora and Marion Campbell (the creator of the BBDB). I have never seen a BBDB like that win a Bowl. Ever.

You think Mike Smith and BVG came here to run a BBDB D? Wake up! We ran with what we had. We could have blitzed and played a lot of man to man last year, and we wouldn't have been in the play-offs because our defense would have given up 35 points a game. There's no way you watched that Chargers game if you think we were playing soft. There's no way you watched the Arizona game if you think playing BBDB is what got us beaten. Players did. Milloy, Coleman, Foxworth, Houston, and Brooking all getting beat when they were playing off. Can't win with bad players. We blitz, you get the Chargers preseason game, which means you have guys getting beat deep in one on one match-ups.

We were better in scoring defense than Minnesota last year, with less average time of possession. They played GB, CHI, and DET twice per season as well; and have the best duo of DTs, an every down monster at DE, and a Pro Bowl CB. How is that?

I love how early last year how you were saying that our team wasn't going to be able to win with all the tough games up ahead. Some of those same teams you're dissing now. Fraud.

If we were to let BVG go, he would be signed by another NFL team within the day. We are lucky to have this guy here.

We're working with the future in mind on defense, mainly because we don't have much of a choice at this time. The D will be good, but these young guys have to get a little more seasoned first. Don't blame BVG.

Your DC is not the problem...yet. But you have to get a veteran CB into the fold. It would also be smart to add a vet LB in reserve. You have enough depth at DL to see what happens. But there's only so much magic you can work with the inexperience you have. Smart GM's add players at the end of preseason. The stupidest decision is always hoping guys will perform, finding out they won't, and then not having guys in reserve.

Rebuilding teams can get away with this. They're more willing to test unprovens on the fly to find out what they have. The Atlanta Falcons are not a rebuilding team. They need guys ready to step in at a moment's notice who can at least keep the ship from sinking if not be spectacular. No team with an offense like yours goes into the season without stopgap vets to shore up a leaky defense.

Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla

Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla.

For a fan ot the Atlanta Falcons, supposedly since 1970 (who cares), you refer to us alot as them or they. I know even if I had the oppinion you did, but indeed being a fan, I would still say we and ours.. Im calling you out - troll.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To answer your question Vicious, they are indeed throwing BvG under the bus. Heck, they are throwing everything under the bus.

I did not throw BVG under the Bus.

I said that his head was up hi A%!.

Our DB's DB's took into Game day what and how they have practiced.

Yes I saw exceptional plays made by SD.

There is a big difference between an exceptional play

and that of being Torched.

Do we need a serviceable CB? Yes

Bringing one in is not an instant fix as it will take a couple

of weeks for the player to learn the system.

That is far from throwing BVG under the Bus.

It is however a demand to Step It Up !

Coachable Fixes??? I sure hope so, because I am

now wondering if the Offseason activities and TC was nothing

more than a Pizza Party.

Last time I checked we haven't had a game yet. <_< These haters can obviously tell which coaches need to be fired based on practice? :huh:

I think he did more with less than any other DC in the league last year, and I for one am greatful to have one of the great young up-and-coming coaches to grow along with this defense. Unlike many, I'm willing to endure the growing pains without blowing a load. You can't build a consistently dominant D overnight. If we mortgaged everything over the offseason to get marginally better this year, then we enevitably hurt our future.

We finally have the right FO and right coaching staff in place. It's time to calm the **** down and let them do their jobs. Besides, there's no amount of bitching and whining that is going to change anything. BVG is here to stay.