Chevis Jackson

falconjuicer

We have seen what grimes can do, cover the WR really well but then end up getting caught over. This aint gonna work vs patriots or the saints. Jackson has been in the system for a year he should gett the start I know hes not fast but hes physical and has good anticipation, he also will help us in the run game by containing grimey just gets pushed around. What do you guys think??

I wouldnt be opposed to him starting over Grimes. He is one of our more technically sound corners also one of our slower corners, but we put the pressure on a little more then we can take away the deep ball and he will be more effective.

I agree. Just listen to what they are saying about Chevis on this video. I really want Chevis and Owens to start if we don't pick up another

CB.

http://www.videosurf.com/video/falcons-dra...n-rd-3-12065466

Owens and Houston, I think, give us the best CB tandem.

1. Houston

2. Owens

3. Jackson

4. Grimes

5. Hutchins/ Middleton

As you can see, there is actually really good depth, but no great starting material. Owens has tons of potential, and I think he'll make a good CB eventually, but he's going to have his highs and lows his rookie year. I say just just let him play through it and let him improve so that he can one day take over as the No. 1 CB . I wouldn't mind Houston as a No. 2, so long as he continues to improve.

We have speed out there now and look what thats done so far. We play a cover 2, ok. SO Chevis can be physical at the line of scrimmage but at any time the opposing team wants to go deep we SHOULD have a man there. The kid can anticipate routes very well. But I guess I have to remind everyone that a football play doesnt last a minute it last about normally 4 to 6 seconds. Thats how long he has to cover someone. And Chevis Jackson can do it.

But yall dont want to put him out there because yall think he is to slow????? I think some of you guys are a little slow in the head.

I am a huge Chevis Jackson fan. I am being honest here, Jackson is not ready to start at all, he needs to stay at the Nickel Position for now. He struggled the game that Houston was hurt when he lined up on the outside at CB, Laurent Robinson was killing him with the slants. I think that Jackson speed wont be an issue, i just expected him to be better at positioning himself to play the routes better but i am not seeing it right now, maybe next year.

I think we should let the coaches that are, paid to make these decisions, watch each player every day in practice, and know who fits the role they want filled from each player, we should probably let THOSE guys decide who should start? I dunno, it's just a thought, but you might want to consider it:

Since that's whats going to happen...

Who doesnt get beat on quick slants??? Hints the name QUICK slant, CB's rarely stop those.

No that is an excuse, ask Antione Winfield about getting in position to make a play on the slant, unfortunately Jackson was getting beat off the line 90% of the time and turned to get outside position instead of inside position. Trust me man i have been watching a lot of football lately I have have seen some good CB making plays and putting them self in a position to make the play immediately off the line by anticipating the routes.

I think we should let the coaches that are, paid to make these decisions, watch each player every day in practice, and know who fits the role they want filled from each player, we should probably let THOSE guys decide who should start? I dunno, it's just a thought, but you might want to consider it:

Since that's whats going to happen...

This is a message board. We have opinions. If you want to say "im just going to let the coaches decide" then why are you here?

No that is an excuse, ask Antione Winfield about getting in position to make a play on the slant, unfortunately Jackson was getting beat off the line 90% of the time and turned to get outside position instead of inside position. Trust me man i have been watching a lot of football lately I have have seen some good CB making plays and putting them self in a position to make the play immediately off the line by anticipating the routes.

Ok Antoine Winfield is a veteran CB who has been around the league a while. You cant honestly compare him to Jackson. I am sure Winfield has been beat of aa slant plenty of times. CB's get beat on slants every game. Even good ones.

I am a huge Chevis Jackson fan. I am being honest here, Jackson is not ready to start at all, he needs to stay at the Nickel Position for now. He struggled the game that Houston was hurt when he lined up on the outside at CB, Laurent Robinson was killing him with the slants. I think that Jackson speed wont be an issue, i just expected him to be better at positioning himself to play the routes better but i am not seeing it right now, maybe next year.

That's all they got on him in that game were slants and when they caught them he was right there to make the tackle. He never got beat

deep. I can live with that. But if you got good safety help then you don't have to worry about the speed. Every time I see him he keeps

everything in front of him.

That's all they got on him in that game were slants and when they caught them he was right there to make the tackle. He never got beat

deep. I can live with that. But if you got good safety help then you don't have to worry about the speed. Every time I see him he keeps

everything in front of him.

I didnt want to call my boi out, but he gave up some plays in that game on SAturday at the nickel position. I also made sure that i focused on Jackson during practices and he didnt stand out, it is not just based on what i saw in the game, but also the practices i visited, Friday Night Lights, IMO Jackson has not done enough to earn the starting position yet and i would like for him to start.

I didnt want to call my boi out, but he gave up some plays in that game on SAturday at the nickel position. I also made sure that i focused on Jackson during practices and he didnt stand out, it is not just based on what i saw in the game, but also the practices i visited, Friday Night Lights, IMO Jackson has not done enough to earn the starting position yet and i would like for him to start.

You are not very good at having favorite players... you are supposed to defend them til death even if you know you are wrong - just like Gazoo.

That entire defense from Sat night didn't play like they do in practice. They looked to surprise folks from practice and even Friday Night Lights but they fell apart at times Sat night. I agree about Jackson though. I think he has been solid but not as good as Grimes or Houston for that matter. Got to hope Owens steps up and soon.

Who has?