Rapid Reports 8/31/09

Lowndesfalc

Linkage

Monday, August 31, 2009

5:35:22 pm Falcons LB Curtis Lofton said San Diego executed the screen game well, but that he should be held liable for mistakes he made. "A couple of those screens I take responsibility for not getting my man like I should have," Lofton said.

5:34:28 pm Falcons LB Curtis Lofton said a combination of factors led to Atlanta's sub-par defensive performance Saturday. "If we don't get a pass rush then the secondary looks bad," Lofton said. "If we don't get good coverage then it makes the rush look bad. And if the LBs are not getting on the routes then that's not good at all."

5:34:00 pm The Falcons struggled on defense Saturday, giving up 483 total yards to San Diego in their third preseason game. "I know there were some plays that I left put there and I missed tackles," LB Curtis Lofton said. "I just have to get better."

5:30:23 pm The drops continued for Falcons rookie WR Aaron Kelly in practice today. Kelly continues to struggle when it matters most.

5:29:52 pm Falcons WR Troy Bergeron continied to make his case for a spot on the 53-man roster. He put in a good effort at practice today showcased by a long TD grab.

5:29:08 pm It appears Brian Finneran might be third WR option with Harry Douglas out for the season. Douglas tore his ACL at the beginning of training camp.

5:28:27 pm Falcons S William Moore pulled his left hamstring against San Diego. It's the same leg he had arthroscopic knee surgery on almost a month ago, according to coach Mike Smith. Moore will not play Thursday against Baltimore.

5:27:30 pm Falcons RB Jerious Norwood injured his knee and received a hard hit to the head against San Diego Saturday. Coach Mike Smith said the staff will be cautious with Norwood and that he won't play Thursday against Baltimore.

Linkage

Monday, August 31, 2009

5:35:22 pm Falcons LB Curtis Lofton said San Diego executed the screen game well, but that he should be held liable for mistakes he made. "A couple of those screens I take responsibility for not getting my man like I should have," Lofton said.

5:34:28 pm Falcons LB Curtis Lofton said a combination of factors led to Atlanta's sub-par defensive performance Saturday. "If we don't get a pass rush then the secondary looks bad," Lofton said. "If we don't get good coverage then it makes the rush look bad. And if the LBs are not getting on the routes then that's not good at all."

5:34:00 pm The Falcons struggled on defense Saturday, giving up 483 total yards to San Diego in their third preseason game. "I know there were some plays that I left put there and I missed tackles," LB Curtis Lofton said. "I just have to get better."

A poster yesterday (pren) was talking about fixing our screen defense and he said that normally, Lofton would be the one to call the screen out to the other defenders.

A couple of late additions

7:22:28 pm Falcons coach Mike Smith said the team's rotation will be different Thursday against Baltimore. He said he intends to play the younger guys more.

7:21:29 pm Falcons coach Mike Smith said he thought rookie DT Peria Jerry had his best game of the preseason Saturday. Smith added Jerry is becoming more comfortable with the system.

Man, Lofton rocks. He is dead serious about being a top notch player. He has the talent, the work ethic, and the attitude of a winner. Somebody remind me what round we got him in last year. He might turn out to be better in the long run than any of this year's picks.

He was an early second round pick. Very early, can't remember the slot but you can say he had 1st round talent.