ESPN.com disrespects Redman

durrdbyrd

As a part of a story on backup quarterbacks, ESPN.com asked readers to rank the top backup QBs in the league. They only left room for 25 and Redman was not even available for ranking. Clearly someone at the "Worldwide Leader in Sports" is asleep at the wheel here. I'm not going to go so far as to suggest that Chris is the best second-stringer in the NFL but he's in the top-25 and that shouldn't even be debatable. Granted, in the grand scheme of things the opinions of ESPN staffers means nothing, but it's another indication of national disrespect of our depth at the quarterback position. Anyway, the link includes players that are available. I got a good chuckle out of the inclusion of Dan Orlovsky, J.T. O'Sullivan, Kyle Boller and David Carr.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/rank?versi...&listId=386

Redman is one of the best backups in this leauge. Perhaps he faced the only one, who is better last saturday. Billy Volek is also a very solid backup....But I would not deal Redman for a Vince Young(as backup) If Redman goes in, he will make no big mistakes..... I am not sure, if a Vince young will do that......

Redman is overlooked due to his absence from the NFL for those few years and then he played in Atlanta, it was towards the end of the season when it was even difficult for Falcon fans to watch. He will need more play time to get his respect....and this is exactly why I say we would not receive much for him in a trade.

Redman is overlooked due to his absence from the NFL for those few years and then he played in Atlanta, it was towards the end of the season when it was even difficult for Falcon fans to watch. He will need more play time to get his respect....and this is exactly why I say we would not receive much for him in a trade.

REspect from NFL Scouts>>>> Respect from Media, scouts look at the tapes so based on the tapes from 2007, and preseason, I think he could garner some attention but still not worth trading.

Redman is one of the best backups in this leauge. Perhaps he faced the only one, who is better last saturday. Billy Volek is also a very solid backup....But I would not deal Redman for a Vince Young(as backup) If Redman goes in, he will make no big mistakes..... I am not sure, if a Vince young will do that......

Volek did very well when he took over for the late Steve McNair when the Titans came to town a few years ago. In fact, there was no dropoff at all. The Titans won that game, and I had to tell some TN fans that they had two very good QBs.

As far as disrespect, that goes with the territory in Atlanta. When we eventually win the SB, we'll get left handed compliments, and reasons why we shouldn't have won.

disrespects?

I agree Redman should be considered in the conversation and I didn't take time to look at the list, but since when has any Falcons player received any kind of popularity contest. Keep in mind it is the Falcons and he is the backup QB.

Not to be that way, but it's true.

I'm fine if our players get snubbed by the media, just as long as they go out and prove they deserve to be on those lists...that's all.

Redman is a great backup QB but he just don't get noticed because he was out of football for so long.. Look at what he did in the last games in the 07 season. And now here in the preseason he shows that he is a great backup

If Ryan went down I will fell safe with Redman behind C