Halloween 3D already announced

and your boy Rob Zombie won't be doing it so it might be watchable

"Halloween II" may not have won the box office this weekend, but Weinstein Co. is taking a lesson from the movie that did as it prepares a sequel for next summer.

The independent studio's co-Chairman Bob Weinstein said today that the 3-D sequel, titled, appropriately enough, "Halloween 3D," is in development.

The investment it takes to shoot movies in digital 3-D has proved particularly lucrative for horror films. For "The Final Destination," this weekend's No. 1 movie, theaters with at least one 3-D screen earned 3.25 times as much as those that showed the movie in 2-D only, according to distributor Warner Bros. That's substantially higher than for other recent releases. The equivalent 3-D multiple for last month's "G-Force," for instance, was only 1.7 on its first weekend. For July's "Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs" it was 1.4 andm for June's "Up" it was 2.2. January horror flick "My Bloody Valentine" earned 6.4 times as much from 3-D theaters as it did from 2-D on its opening weekend.

Weinstein said Rob Zombie, who directed "Halloween II" and 2007's reboot of the 31-year-old horror series, won't return for "Halloween 3-D." He said the studio is in negotiations with a new director, whom he declined to name, who has experience in horror and has a "different take" on the franchise.

oh and Im a huge fan of Rob Zombie Movies and there is not much I can say to defend him on this last effort........

Same here. I just saw it earlier today and came away...highly disappointed to say the least. The ruthlessness in the movie, coupled with the few and far between intense scenes (hospital and bathroom ones) saved it somewhat..but the rest was just stupid. I fully understand what Zombie was doing with the dream scenes/epiphanies (if that's what you call them) with Myers' mother, etc, but it just absolutely killed the ending of the movie for me.

Same here. I just saw it earlier today and came away...highly disappointed to say the least. The ruthlessness in the movie, coupled with the few and far between intense scenes (hospital and bathroom ones) saved it somewhat..but the rest was just stupid. I fully understand what Zombie was doing with the dream scenes/epiphanies (if that's what you call them) with Myers' mother, etc, but it just absolutely killed the ending of the movie for me.

yeah there were a few awesome points that had that rob zombie feel.. (the beginning scene with here wandering in the rode and going to the hospital).. but to me the whole thing felt thrown together in a rush.... maybe it will be better the 2nd time but first impression let me down quite a bit

yeah there were a few awesome points that had that rob zombie feel.. (the beginning scene with here wandering in the rode and going to the hospital).. but to me the whole thing felt thrown together in a rush.... maybe it will be better the 2nd time but first impression let me down quite a bit

I don't think this movie can grow on me..The first one took me a few times to get through because of some of the scenes (where young Michael kills the kid, kills his dad, sister, sister's BF) were a little ..gruesome I guess, but once I did I loved the movie. This one, while some of the same killing effects were used here, just seemed too...rushed like you said. If you replace the actual killer in Michael Myers with some random persona, you'd just have a shoddy B-rated horror movie. Definitely not Rob's best work on this one.

so they are doing like the original Halloween movies. Same director for the first that that are good movies, then bring in someone else for a completely different third movie that will suck so bad you'll kill yourself.

Halloween ruled

Halloween 2 did not

Halloween 3 was good

Halloween remake was terrible

Halloween 2 even though i haven't seen it i'm hearing wost then the first

not following the same pattern if you ask me

Halloween ruled

Halloween 2 did not

Halloween 3 was good

Halloween remake was terrible

Halloween 2 even though i haven't seen it i'm hearing wost then the first

not following the same pattern if you ask me

I didn't think anyone on earth thought that #3 was good. Totally sucked, IMO.