SOmeone ha to have something positive to say

Lou Dog

All you see on this board is negativity about our secondary, our DLine, our LBers, our QB. Can everybody just calm the **** down. For one, we have a very young defense and we are going to have our share of growing pains. It is bound to happen but we also have an offense talented enough to get us through alot of those growing pains while still getting the W. Two, we did bad on 3rd downs but we did very very good on 1st and 2nd which shows promise of things to come. If you people honestly expected us to come out and play like a top 10 D rite off the bat then you apparently know nothing about the game of football. It itakes time to gain chemistry on D and for guys to learn how to work as a unit. I assure you our D will get better as the season progresses. Now everybody please take a deap breath and back away from the ledge. I promise it will be OK

O.K. this is a challenge I am up to.

-we won the game against a powerful team

-we have a good backup qb

-we have good personnel on our defensive front

-we have a couple of weeks before the season starts so

-there is still time to pick up a couple of guys in positions of need

-Norwood got his bell rung but rumors of his demise are greatly overstated

-Ryan to White, Jenkins and Gonzalez looks promising

-Turner and Snelling are stout

-Football season is almost here!

-We seem to have a suitable replacement (at WR) for Harry Douglas (Marty Booker).

Yeah...I was gonna say that to me, the bright point was Booker.

The good stuff that happened we know can and does happen. Booker impressed me. I'm glad we picked up a good quality guy to put in there.

I believe our strongest point is the coaching staff. All the right calls were made in Saturdays game just didn't execute properly. The coaches will make the necessary adjustments before the season starts.

Our players are far from mediocre. This team is young and very talented. They will only get better.

I will say that our weakest or ugliest aspect of this franchise has got to be these so called fans who show no approval only blatant disregard for the potential this team has. This is our team, so quit with all the negative stuff.

agreed on all points but the nature of this board is to be drama queens.

Another bright spot.

There are only 24 hours in a day, so the time spent reading threads consisting of people freaking out is limited.

My positive points?

We still got Matt Ryan, and Coach Smith running the show. We'll be fine.

I believe our strongest point is the coaching staff. All the right calls were made in Saturdays game just didn't execute properly. The coaches will make the necessary adjustments before the season starts.

Agree

Our players are far from mediocre. This team is young and very talented. They will only get better.

Young yes. That doesn't mean they're not mediocre. When discussing talent, age doesn't matter when it comes to w/l and passes defended, etc. Just because they're young doesn't exclude them from being mediocre. May be exceptional young athletes but compared to the league they still have a lot of work to do. Good yes, work to be done definitely.

I will say that our weakest or ugliest aspect of this franchise has got to be these so called fans who show no approval only blatant disregard for the potential this team has. This is our team, so quit with all the negative stuff.

When you've been a fan for this team as long as I (and many others) it is easy to jump a negative spin on what's going on. There's definitely great things going and and it will pay big dividends in the future (which could mean this season) but from day one Smith stated it's a process and everyone knows we're realistically not going to be a super bowl team this year. Correction: the intent is to be a Super Bowl team in a few short years (possibly this one) when the young talent becomes wiser talent and blends w/vets on the team. That was the intent building through the draft.

Also when there's such high hopes and people are very passionate about their team or whatever it is, it's easier to look at the bad because it needs corrected, not praise the good because we take that for granted.

I agree with your post, there's far more negativity going on, but that's not to say it's all misplaced.

LB looked pretty good

Coleman looked good.

Grimes got a sack.

T Brown looked good on returns.

Snelling looked good.

We did hold it down fairly well on 1st and 2nd down.

We have another week to gel our defense.

You"re exactly right! This 2009 team is going to be good. Many of us are just concentrating on points that could make us GREAT! If you go to the Dr w/ a broken arm, you don't want to pay him for telling you how great your other arm is. You want to fix what's wrong.