News! News! On NFL Network

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt Cassell out 4-6 weeks due to knee injury!!!

Can we trade Chris Redman to them and save us cap room?

Then we could use money for maybe 2 vet cb's like Mccallister and LAW!!!

Dont Flame me - If Shockley plays good Thursday and JPW plays good why not see about something like this?

Dang it, I was totally going to flame you but now I can't.

Oh wait... yes I can.

Could you post a worse idea? ...I mean, if you really tried?

Dont Flame me - If Shockley plays good Thursday and JPW plays good why not see about something like this?

Lolz... atleast I hope this is a joke

Why would we trade Chris Redman? Who on the Chiefs is there that is actually worth Chris Redman...Did you not see his performance this past week? He is our best backup QB right now, and the only quarterback in the stable that I would feel comfortable having come into a situation if Ryan ever went down. I don't think anyone on the Chiefs roster is worth him. Now I know everyone doesn't want, and isn't expecting Ryan to go down, but you always have to prepare and expect the worst in terms of injuries happening because anything is possible, and if there's a team that doesn't, then you'll find a team that doesn't have much depth.

Plus, I may be a bit biased because I am a huge fan of what Redman did for us in 07.

We could even do a better thing.

We could trad Matt Ryan to them for their 2016 first pick and cut Redman to save cap room

Then we could trade Turner to the Saints to start Snelling and save cap room

Finally we could move Anderson to RE and get rid of Abraham

I don't think Redman's contract is that big, and I think they like Thigpen. But if we can work a trade for Redman for a corner, I think you need to take a hard look at it. They played that bad on Sat.

Why would we trade Chris Redman? Who on the Chiefs is there that is actually worth Chris Redman...Did you not see his performance this past week? He is our best backup QB right now, and the only quarterback in the stable that I would feel comfortable having come into a situation if Ryan ever went down. I don't think anyone on the Chiefs roster is worth him. Now I know everyone doesn't want, and isn't expecting Ryan to go down, but you always have to prepare and expect the worst in terms of injuries happening because anything is possible, and if there's a team that doesn't, then you'll find a team that doesn't have much depth.

Plus, I may be a bit biased because I am a huge fan of what Redman did for us in 07.

^^

I don't like to think about that happening - but I want Redman on the team if it does.

This has a chance to become a HOF thread.

To be objective though,

If there was no way to get a decent CB in FA.

I could see using Redman as bait.

There is no reason to have good depth at QB if we aren't winning anyway with the starters on the roster.

I don;t like it, but we need to win. The idea of shockley seeing a snap in regular season is dismal at best.

The reality is we are only stacked at QB, and WR to make any trade moves.

To be objective though,

There is no reason to have good depth at QB if we aren't winning anyway with the starters on the roster.

I don;t like it, but we need to win. The idea of shockley seeing a snap in regular season is dismal at best.

I'd be more comfortable giving someone one of our WR's than giving them Redman.

Let me ask you an honest question, if Ryan was to get hurt for more than a game or two, would you feel confident that Shockley could come in and win? I love Shockley and I don't feel comfortable that he could. A back up QB like Redman is invaluable. I hope he stays for a long long time. Also, it would take Redamn at least 4 weeks to learn their system good enough to play effectively so it wouldn't make any sense for them.

To be objective though,

Exactly, everyone can say what they want, but the Saints had the number 1 offense in the universe last year, and they were 7-9 because of the other side of the ball. If you have an backup qb with that much value, then move him for some help on D!

It would be a huge shame to lose Redman, but in the OP's defense, we need to do something and we need to do it now. What else do we have for trade bait besides Redman? A few options, but not a ton. If you think his idea is that completely crazy, that probably means you disagree with him about how urgently we need to do something to shore up our defense. If so, please tell me why ... meanwhile I will be hoping you are right, because I could use some good news right about now.

It would be a huge shame to lose Redman, but in the OP's defense, we need to do something and we need to do it now. What else do we have for trade bait besides Redman? A few options, but not a ton. If you think his idea is that completely crazy, that probably means you disagree with him about how urgently we need to do something to shore up our defense. If so, please tell me why ... meanwhile I will be hoping you are right, because I could use some good news right about now.

If we had Harry Douglas, we could trade him.

Also Roddy's fault.

Let's just trade Roddy, he's trouble.

I can only speak for myself but I am not thinking the needs at CB are urgent but you never give away your back up QB if you have no real option behind him. QB's get hurt all the time in this league. You just have to have one and if you have a good one like we do you are ahead most the league. Trading Redman could end up being more disastrous than keeping the corners we have right now. I say sign one of these vet FA's. I would really look into signing Rod Hood. He is better than any option we have right now. If not him then Chris McAllister. I heard the other day that he is almost ready to be cleared medically to play. This is why he hasn't been signed yet. He wasn't ready but he is about to be.

Having lived in KC the last 5 years, I know their team pretty well. They are taking a big gamble right now trying to switch to the 3-4 because Dorsey and Tamba Hali will basically being trying to learn new positions that don't fit their game. Prior to Cassel getting hurt, they were shopping Tyler Thigpen for a 4th rounder because he doesn't fit their offensive philosophy either.

They could really use Jamaal Anderson, though as a 3-4 DE and we could use Hali at OLB. I say give them JA for Hali and a 3rd or 4th.

We could even do a better thing.

We could trad Matt Ryan to them for their 2016 first pick and cut Redman to save cap room

Then we could trade Turner to the Saints to start Snelling and save cap room

Finally we could move Anderson to RE and get rid of Abraham

Dang !!!

Ya took the words right out of my mouth !!!!

:lol: