Will Dimitroff really get us help in secondary?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just pissed we didn't go after Bodden or Springs... Now they are both with the Pats and they came CHEAP

I really wanted Bodden too, but like I've said many times, they came cheap to the PATRIOTS. Everyone knows they get players for cheaper because people want to go there for a better chance at winning a super bowl.

Has anyone made a noteworthy play on defense this pre season? Maybe Eric Brock and Tony Gilbert, our back ups, against back ups. It's a team defense, linebackers need help from the line too.

No, they really haven't. I'd like them too though. The only noteworthy plays I've seen have been noteworthy in a bad way.

peterson is all mouth and hair at this point. He is strutting his stuff, etc.

It is just the tackling and things like that he doesn't fool with.

I never really understood that FA move, but okay...now we have him on the roster and I'm sure that they are not going to get a replacement for him. If anyone they would get a replacement for Nicholas, this is why I went to his immediate defense.

Yeah idk why people keep saying OLB. I think CB is our only concern. We even have depth at LB in all poisitons.

I just disagree. I don't think our OLBs are very good at all, and I don't see them making any plays. The run defense has been solid, and they deserve some credit for that, but honestly the interior lineman have done a great job of breaking down the line on the run plays.

I believe last year we picked up Foxworth after our DB's got spanked. If I remember correctly it was primarily Grimes getting busted out by Muhammed in Carolina. I like Brent Grimes. I think he's a heck of an athlete with a huge heart. But how many times do we have to see big receivers dominate him before we realize that #1 or #2 CB is not the correct role for him. Some people have tried to show that Grimes is about the same height as other DB's. It may be an optical illusion, but I seriously doubt it. Forget the media guides. Why highlight a glaring weakness in your defense by advertising you have a 5' 7" or 5' 8" CB and give other teams the opportunity to build a gameplan which tries to line him up on your tallest receiver every time? Of course they will put his height somewhere around average. Like Grady Jackson was only 300lbs or so. (Maybe when he was 12).

I wouldn't be surprised if we picked up a FA. But I also wouldn't be surprised if we inserted Von Hutchins or even Chris Owens in Grimes' spot in some designed packages depending on what receivers are on the field. And Houston- well what can you say. Another wonderful product brought to you by Arkansas. I don't think Houston is an outstanding CB. I think he is passable. I hope his instincts improve. I'm not going to get down on him too hard about this game. He screws up regularly enough that I get frustrated, but makes enough plays that I don't feel like calling for his head. In any case, I have to admit that this was the worst performance I have seen by him and hope it was just an anomaly.