Has anybody mentioned the rip off fight song played after TD's?

Yep, it seems the organization is trying to get it to catch on. The words were flashed up on the screen so people could chant along. While I like the idea of having that tradition, I would rather resurrect the real fight song, not one that is similar to the Eagles.

I don't care if it's new or old lets please get something to get the crowd involved... PLEASE...

Oh WOW... that is old school.

Too bad it's never going to catch on.... not in the ATL.

Oh, I don't know about that. Old School "Fly High, Falcons" certainly is, but so what? I think it a catchy tune that loyal Falcons fans can actually sing to. (Really, can you imagine anyone that you'd feel comfortable sitting next to singing along with "Falcons Fever"?) I'm sure the "Too Cool for You" sector would sneer at "Fly High, Falcons", so <expletive deleted> 'em.

I have this vision: a full marching band (college or high school) forming the outline of the current Falcons logo and then playing "Fly High, Falcons" as they march off the field. There would be enough fans who would recognize the song that I'd bet the Georgia Dome would go nuts.

Im sorry If I piss anyone off, but Fly High Falcons is Terrrrrrrible! That was one of the worst fight songs I have ever heard! Sounds like it was from the 40's. That Lets go Falcons song sucked to. Tandy was sitting behind me when it first came on I looked back her and we both laughed a little. I like that the FO is trying to get people involved, but **** be more original! Take one of those ******** Falcons rap songs people put on youtube they would be better :)

You have got to be out of your mind to make this the song for the FALCONS... I felt like I was watching "LEAVE IT TO BEAVER" or "HOGAN HERO"... That is really old and it reminds you of a old Notre Dame football game..

Sorry but it is 2009, lets get something up to date...

I understand your point dipper, but traditions and history are often a bit dated. I think it sounds exactly like what it is...a fight song, done marching band style in the 60's. That's what other fight songs sound like as well...Fly Eagles Fly, Hail to the Redskins are just a couple that come to mind. These things are like a good Irish drinking song, not something you'd necessarily listen to for entertainment and enjoyment in your free time, but a unifying rally theme after a score. Their hokiness just makes them more annoying to the visiting team.

If you try to go with something current it's going to be disposable, and seem even cheesier than FHF. Exhibit A - T-Pain's abortion of the Dolphins' fight song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq6Q9wu3F6w Exhibit B - Falcon Fever

You have got to be out of your mind to make this the song for the FALCONS... I felt like I was watching "LEAVE IT TO BEAVER" or "HOGAN HERO"... That is really old and it reminds you of a old Notre Dame football game..

Sorry but it is 2009, lets get something up to date...

As I said previously, the "Too Cool for You" crowd are going to sneer at and dis "Fly High, Falcons". But one has to really question these people's judgment in these matters. Those TCFY critics would in all probability deride any tune suggested - Old School, Pop, Hip-Hop, anything. After all, how can they admit to liking something conventional and still be "cool"?

You don't have to have it rule your life, but traditions do count for something. Many colleges have fight songs that, in my opinion, are awful as music or fight songs; they were obviously done "in house" way back when by someone not a professional musician. The University of Alabama's "Yea, Alabama" comes to mind as an example. (And I have a right to say that, since I am a U of A graduate.) Examples of good college fight songs? I would submit the University of Michigan's "Hail to the Victors", and - though I am loath to admit it - Georgia Tech's "Rambling Wreck". Good or bad, the fans of these college teams have embraced these fight songs and wouldn't think of changing them now. There are other NFL teams who have their fight songs - the Eagles and the Redskins, among others - that are a firm part of the traditions of the team.

"Fly High, Falcons" should be resurrected and played at the games; to some, at least, it is already a revered part of the Falcons tradition.

As I said previously, the "Too Cool for You" crowd are going to sneer at and dis "Fly High, Falcons". But one has to really question these people's judgment in these matters. Those TCFY critics would in all probability deride any tune suggested - Old School, Pop, Hip-Hop, anything. After all, how can they admit to liking something conventional and still be "cool"?

You don't have to have it rule your life, but traditions do count for something. Many colleges have fight songs that, in my opinion, are awful as music or fight songs; they were obviously done "in house" way back when by someone not a professional musician. The University of Alabama's "Yea, Alabama" comes to mind as an example. (And I have a right to say that, since I am a U of A graduate.) Examples of good college fight songs? I would submit the University of Michigan's "Hail to the Victors", and - though I am loath to admit it - Georgia Tech's "Rambling Wreck". Good or bad, the fans of these college teams have embraced these fight songs and wouldn't think of changing them now. There are other NFL teams who have their fight songs - the Eagles and the Redskins, among others - that are a firm part of the traditions of the team.

"Fly High, Falcons" should be resurrected and played at the games; to some, at least, it is already a revered part of the Falcons tradition.

AMEN

• 3 weeks later...