Don't flame me for saying this, but Snelling > Norwood

Rev_Hal

Considering Reggie has 418 career rushes to Norwood's 297 and Reggie has 213 career receptions to Norwood's 76 he should have a better per touch average than Reggie. Well Reggie has 20 career TDs to Norwoods 9. Nice try though

Why? Your post doesn't make any sense.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering Reggie has 418 career rushes to Norwood's 297 and Reggie has 213 career receptions to Norwood's 76 he should have a better per touch average than Reggie. Well Reggie has 20 career TDs to Norwoods 9. Nice try though

Thank you for pointing out that Reggie has 40% more carries than Norwood in his career. I think it's extremely telling that Norwood has still outrushed Bush by 185 yards even though Reggie has 40% more carries.

Yeah, they are exactly the same.

There is no debate over who is a better player. The debate is over who is a better fit maybe.

Peyton, I agree. I'm arguing "fit", and that's NOTHING against Norwood. Honestly, I'm a big

Horwood fan. However, we seem to need blocking when passing (not Norwoods thing),

and when running we seem to be more of a power/ball control running team. To me, for

my 2nd back, even though Norwood is a better compliment (aka. change of pace), Snellings

size / style is a better fit within our scheme.

Thank you for pointing out that Reggie has 40% more carries than Norwood in his career. I think it's extremely telling that Norwood has still outrushed Bush by 185 yards even though Reggie has 40% more carries.

I've never said Norwood wasn't a better runningback. I've said Reggie was the better football player. And someone having 20 career Td's isn't the same player as someone that has 9. The math just doesn't add up

Peyton, I agree. I'm arguing "fit", and that's NOTHING against Norwood. Honestly, I'm a big

Horwood fan. However, we seem to need blocking when passing (not Norwoods thing),

and when running we seem to be more of a power/ball control running team. To me, for

my 2nd back, even though Norwood is a better compliment (aka. change of pace), Snellings

size / style is a better fit within our scheme.

Norwood, not Horwood... WTF is THAT?

Don't you see? If Bush had 40% less carries, he'd have 7,000 more yards. Duh.

I've never said Norwood wasn't a better runningback. I've said Reggie was the better football player. And someone having 20 career Td's isn't the same player as someone that has 9. The math just doesn't add up

Actually your statement was that he was "just like Bush". Except for the fact that Norwood consistenly has one of the best YPC in the league and Bush consistently has one of the worst, you are exactly right.

Actually your statement was that he was "just like Bush". Except for the fact that Norwood consistenly has one of the best YPC in the league and Bush consistently has one of the worst, you are exactly right.

This is what I said "Well well well. All those Norwood>>Bush threads are becoming more irrelvant. I tried to tell everyone Norwood isn't a between the tackler runner just like Bush. Both are good in the passing game.

Don't try to twist my words around. I'm not some 18 year old kid. Neither Bush or Norwood are in between the tackles runners.

I'm pretty sure that Snelling will be #3 this season ... and also that we will use him and Norwood more than last year. Actually I think we will pretty much try to do what the NY Giants did last year and use 3 RBs to keep the main-weapon fresh. If Turner comes into the game in the 4t quarter with (on average) 5-8 carries less than last year (and that's very possible with Gonzo, Snelling and Norwood as options), he's going to kill the defense when it's already worn out and ofc he's going to be a little more fresh towards the end of the season and when it really counts (in the playoffs).

Norwood scares me everytime he touches the ball, he falls awkwardly and he runs scared. He needs to put on a few pounds too.

[/

The man got jacked up in a preseason game. Cromartie is a bad man playing

with a chip on his shoulder because he was playing hurt last year and got lit

up. He is out to show everybody he is back. It is hard to fall gracefully when

you are out cold.

Face it - Norwood has been injury prone since entering the league. Yes, he has an explosive x-factor, but he had not developed into the huge threat we thoght he would be. When he got hit in the head (which should have been a penalty) and hurt his knee, it seemed a bit too familiar.

Snelling was impressive, and I think can contribute in the running game. We need to lighten the work load of Turner, and Snelling seems more durable. He can pound the ball.

I love to see Norwood bust out the big plays, but he needs to be in more passing packages, or we need to use him in Wildcat formations. Snelling is more of a blue collar back who can take some of the heavy hits away from Turner.

I'm not bashing Norwood, but I think Snelling can play a significant rolew this year, especially if Norwood has nagging injuries.

flame B)