Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jedi-Falcon

McNabb is worried

If the eagles are that dumb to replace Mcnabb with Vick they are gonna suck so im not worried about it :) Mcnabb is 3x the QB vick is.

X2

McNabb is much better than Vick ever was or ever will be.

for as much sh** that i've been giving vick over the past year, i'll be honest, i was impressed...he looked pretty good for the very limited time that he played....i think he can be more successful as a utility player and it could really work out for them

I thought the same thing when I saw the post game. And the sideline thing were it LOOKED like they were arguing, they probably weren't, but he was doing the "Cut throat" type thing to coaches as if to say "stop putting him in" or something like that. I hope Vick does take his job, I've always felt McNabb was an instigator, even in the T.O. situation, both guys were wrong but McNabb got none of the blame and did deserve some of it.

try to shut me up child. you are wrong putting this in this forum and you know it. hope you get banned. :D

and thanks for more ammunition by wishing me bodily harm and cursing. so silly with the drama pro-wrestler style

regarding ookie and mcflabb.

Who are you? Chad Johnson?

:rolleyes: @ the rest of the statement.

I dunno what to think here. I don't think Vick will take the job from McNabb, and I don't really think McNabb's scared of losing his job to Vick. The thing that everyone was saying was that the offense with McNabb hadn't established any sort of rhythm before Vick came in, and that when he did come in, it made things even more weird. Look for them in the future to give McNabb more snaps and more opportunities to really get the offense rolling, then to bring Vick in as the change-up. That's the way that Vick will work best, anyways.

well i guess its true Philly is the City of Brotherly Love.... they sure enough cheered for him.... kinda ironic really, when you think probably 1/2 those guys cheering for him had #7 Falcon Jerseys with R Mexico in the name just 3 yrs ago....

i guess he was right when he said everyone loves him and will cheer for him no matter what , he said that before he went to prison...

now in his first preseason game , some philly fans are calling for #5s Job.... too funny and very sad at the same time... <_<

I agree, but Donovan recruited Vick. And Vick showed him up. You could see ir in McNabb's facial expression and words in the post-game iinterview.I love it. I love controversy.

LMAO!

How did Vick "show up" McNabb, he literally did nothing at all other than disrupt the rythm of the offense every time he came on the field.

Vick was 4-4 with like 18 yards or something, and 1 rushing yard.

McNabb was 21-36.

Vick is complete and total gimmick in that offense, one that will never work.

If the media wouldn't stir up all the drama, there wouldn't be any problem.

Of course it's gonna take time to get this offense together.

I don't think the Eagles know what it feels like to be in the spotlight 24/7, but they better get used to it.

I agree, but Donovan recruited Vick. And Vick showed him up. You could see ir in McNabb's facial expression and words in the post-game iinterview.I love it. I love controversy.

Yes, I agree, I just watched it myself and Mcnabb's face is telling it all. He knows he has no room for mistake or injury. It has to be nerve wrecking to have back-up like vick breathing down your neck. It is only gonna get worse as the season goes, and as Vick improves.

That explains why you are so quick to interpret this the way Sal Pal does. It's the ESPN mentality. Words will be twisted all year long on this subject.

McNabb threw 30 passes in one half of a preseason game. 30 passes. The only thing wrong with the continuity of this offense is the playcaller.

I don't think McNabb will be benched for Vick. However, if McNabb were to get hurt and Vick was the starter when they come to the dome, that would be so surreal. Vick the starting QB for the team that was our arch-nemesis back when we played them in the NFCCG? It's one thing if he comes in for a handful of plays, it's another if he is running the offense. That would be one dramatic game. I actually think it's more significant than Favre at the Vikings when they play GB, because of the circumstances surrounding Vick's exit from Atlanta. Expecially if both teams are in contention for the playoffs.

I really think you miss the point.

I still rember how we treated Chandler when Vick got here, and Chandler was still a good QB.

I was embarresed about the scene with his family in the stands as a Falcon fan. I feel sorry for the Eagles.

Vick fans for the majority have no class and no respect for others.

The will want McNabb hurt, and booed out of town no matter how well he does. They root for Vick, not the Eagles.

Every thing Vick will do wrong will be someones elses fault.

That explains why you are so quick to interpret this the way Sal Pal does. It's the ESPN mentality. Words will be twisted all year long on this subject.

Agtee 100%

I hate how they're creating a controversy.

Surprisingly most of the animosity is toward McNabb. (No good deed goes unpunished)

Example:

-Vick now smells the opportunity to take the team from McNabb.

-It's Donovan's fault. He "created this problem", so I have no sympathy for him.

-Donovan didn't want Vick pulled becauise the team needed to get in rhythm, he feels threatened by Vick.

-Now maybe we're seeing the real Donvan--the one that divided the lockeroom when TO was there.

I may have to root for the Eagles this year (something I thought I'd never say :lol: ), not for Vick but for Donovan!

haven't watched the video, but I posted about this scenario in another post. I said Philly finally had a quiet off season, McNabb finally seemed to be happy and content that it was his team, and then they had to go turning screws and adjusting stuff. Someone replied that McNabb has never let stuff bother him and Philly always handles stuff well. :o

I remember when they drafted Kolb, Mcnabb was po'd and pouting about a new QB being around. This aint gonna work in the long run AT ALL.

My only interest in Vick now is vague curiousity to see how he comes back from such a layoff.

But, I'm glad he went to the eagles, and hope he does well enough to screw up their chemisty.

TheTalon

RE: ETN Game thread

8/28/2009 12:09 AM

So McNabb was not happy with the QB shuffle that he lobbied for in the first place?

This makes a lot of sense.

wes48

8/28/2009 3:54 AM

That implies that McNabb really was on board with this in the first place. I've never been certain his supposed invlovement wasn't some kind of PR job. I mean, why would he want Vick on the roster? I was at the game tonight and people started chanting his name almost as soon as McNabb started screwing up. Oh yeah, this is gonna be a real healthy move towards team unity.

Of course, given what went on tonight, team unity is the least of their problems.

f-dallas

8/28/2009 8:02 AM

Oh, man. What a night.

I agree with most of what Seth was blogging.

- While it's unfortunate McNabb decided to ***** about Vick's snaps during the game to sideline reporter Dave Spadaro, on camera to Marty Morningwood, and after the game to the media, he was right. That said, bitching about it during a pre-season game the first time Vick is able to play...probably not the best move.

One thing I didn't really consider that much before is McNabb running when he's split out is probably not the bets idea. He gets winded after a scramble and I don't want him throwing up in the first quarter of games so Vick toss a shovel pass.

- The best Vick play they ran last night was with him lined up wide left with the hand-off right and fake screen left ot Vick. The camera and a few player on D all flinched on a good fake from McNabb (Vick could have sold it a little better). All in all, though, you got a glimpse of the potential and a glimpse of the potential downside. I know it's just preseason, but McNabb is totally correct in saying the offense cannot start running these plays before they are in a groove.

if McNabb went down, Kolb would be the qb, you even have your controversy incorrect/

My only interest in Vick now is vague curiousity to see how he comes back from such a layoff.

But, I'm glad he went to the eagles, and hope he does well enough to screw up their chemisty.

I know it's just preseason, but McNabb is totally correct in saying the offense cannot start running these plays before they are in a groove.

I agree with the second statement, but as to the first, they just said on TV that Vick had a real choice between the Eagles and the Bengals.

If I was him, i would have chosen the Bengals.

I hope so because that will be the end of their playoff runs. Vick looked to be in mid season form throwing the ball 2 feet over that receivers head. He caught it, but we saw our receivers get lit by the secondary just like that when he was here. I can't wait until he makes his first fumble. So glad he is not here.

Donovan is not worried about his job unless he is a complete FAIL this season which I doubt, he has a few seasons left. However he DID lobby to get Michael on the team and it is what the owner and coaching staff wanted as well. You guys should get it, this is a form of succession planning. It will not surprise me if Michael is the franchise QB down the road. They are also good friends and Donovan is preparing Michael at this time. Donovan is a competitor and very passionate about the game. Michael did what he was asked to do last night by the coaches with the exception of one play. He is not close to 100%/NFL shape but he will soon be there. But his arm seemed on the money. McNabb seemed concerned with the coaching scheme and timing, etc., it appears that they brought Michael in earlier than planned or maybe it went back and forth, who knows what was going on with the coaching behind the scenes.