Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MattyIce222

Post your Top Ten Quarterbacks

104 posts in this topic

No, usually only 10-15 teams have quarterbacks that you could throw the franchise label on at least for the short term. Then you got guys like Hasselbeck who are wildcards every year and guys like Garcia or Garrard who make you think for a season or two then disappear.

The top 10 have to be proven franchise quarterbacks. Matt Ryan is a franchise quarterback, but so is Flacco, Stafford, Sanchez and Russel. You can't call a guy top 10 based off one year in which everything that could possibly have gone right for a franchise did.

I wouldn't go that far. I'd say Ryan and Flacco are franchise QBs. The Lions and the Jets hope Stafford and Sanchez will become them. Russell just isn't one.

Sure they were all drafted high and are being paid like franchise QBs - but that doesn't complete the job description for me.

Can you picture Russell making the play that Ryan made at the end vs Chicago? Me neither.

I've always been of opinion that when a team puts all its eggs into one quarterback basket- that quarterback becomes the franchise quarterback. Whether it's Ryan, Cutler or Russell or Stafford that player's success will go a long ways to determining the success of the franchise in the next few seasons.

1.Tom Brady

2. Peyton Manning

3. Ben Roethlisberger

4.Phillip Rivers

5. Drew Brees

6. Carson Palmer

7. Jay Cutler

8. Aaron Rodgers

9. Matt Hasselbeck

10. Matt Ryan

1.Tom Brady

2. Peyton Manning

3. Ben Roethlisberger

4.Phillip Rivers

5. Drew Brees

6. Carson Palmer

7. Jay Cutler

8. Aaron Rodgers

9. Matt Hasselbeck

10. Matt Ryan

Dope Signature. Even though I'm not crazy about the throwbacks.

Thought they should have gone with the 71-89 throwbacks. Much better artistically. Trust me.

But the throwbacks aint bad. They smoke pretty much every throwback I've seen so far.

I noticed everyone conveniently left out Matt Schaub a passer that led the 3rd ranked offense last season.....I wonder why? ;)

Matt Schaub also conveniently misses 3-5 games every year.

Anyways, you guys are rating Matt Ryan WAY too high. Give the kid a couple of years before you put him before Brees, lol.

I noticed everyone conveniently left out Matt Schaub a passer that led the 3rd ranked offense last season.....I wonder why? ;)

Maybe because no one in the history of mankind has ever ranked him in the top 10?

Can we add MV7 somewhere between 1&2? He's gonna come back a gimmick player, Wildcat QB, WR, PR/KR....I'm glad the 'REAL' Falcon Fans aren't GMs.....

Can we add MV7 somewhere between 1&2? He's gonna come back a gimmick player, Wildcat QB, WR, PR/KR....I'm glad the 'REAL' Falcon Fans aren't GMs.....

No

How can he go above anyone with multiple rings?

Brady

Roethlisberger

He **** sure doesn't go above Manning (the elder)

He hasn't done it for years like Brees and Rivers

He hasn't had a winning season in 6 years much less 3 winning seasons in a row

His completion % is worse than Vince Young's

No I don't think we can

No

Brady

Roethlisberger

No I don't think we can

Vick definitely goes above Big Ben in my book.

I will say I put Rivers, P. Manning, Brady, and Brees all above him. And he is sort of tied with Rodgers for me.

Never understood how people can give Arron Rodgers so much respect but not Romo.And I mean ranking Arron top 5 and Romo not at all.

Romo has started 55 games and won 38 of them. 110 TDs.

I know people mention play offs, but tony has won 1 at least, Rodgers 0..

And Jay Cutler?

Never understood how people can give Arron Rodgers so much respect but not Romo.And I mean ranking Arron top 5 and Romo not at all.

Romo has started 55 games and won 38 of them. 110 TDs.

I know people mention play offs, but tony has won 1 at least, Rodgers 0..

And Jay Cutler?

Most Cowboy haters don't give him the respect he deserves, but I think it is hard to argue that he is better than Rodgers. Rodgers has the potential to possibly one day be the best QB in football. Romo does not IMO.

And Jay Cutler is over rated. Way to inconsistent and way to many INTs. There are a ton of QBs I would take before him.

Most Cowboy haters don't give him the respect he deserves, but I think it is hard to argue that he is better than Rodgers. Rodgers has the potential to possibly one day be the best QB in football. Romo does not IMO.

And Jay Cutler is over rated. Way to inconsistent and way to many INTs. There are a ton of QBs I would take before him.

But Rodgers right now only has the same thing Romo has, potential and Romo has fulfilled his just as much as Rodgers. Yet many have no problem putting Rodgers top 5. I'm not saying he is better than Rodgers, but I certainly don't see how Rodgers is better than him either.

And yes, that is my same opinion on Cutler.IMO he was just as responsible for the mess that happened in Denver as McDanails. He pouted his way out of a job.

1. Peyton Manning

2. Tom Brady

3. Drew Brees

4. Matt Ryan

5. Aaron Rodgers

6. Philip Rivers

7. Ben Roethlisberger

8. Tony Romo

9. Joe Flacco

10. Jay Cutler

Manning without a doubt is probably the greatest QB of all-time. Brady is right behind him. As much as I dislike him, he is a good QB. Brees is 3rd just because he won the SB. Matty Ice is 4th because he's improved every year and will continue to get better. The bottom half was hard to order because they are all similar.

Same Ol Falcons likes this

1. Peyton Manning

2. Tom Brady

3. Drew Brees

4. Matt Ryan

5. Aaron Rodgers

6. Philip Rivers

7. Ben Roethlisberger

8. Tony Romo

9. Joe Flacco

10. Jay Cutler

Manning without a doubt is probably the greatest QB of all-time. Brady is right behind him. As much as I dislike him, he is a good QB. Brees is 3rd just because he won the SB. Matty Ice is 4th because he's improved every year and will continue to get better. The bottom half was hard to order because they are all similar.

funny how u left out vick but put an acused rapist on there ...hahahahahahahahaha....some need to be on anti depressants

funny how u left out vick but put an acused rapist on there ...hahahahahahahahaha....some need to be on anti depressants

I take it you're an Eagles fan? How many names did you call Vick between 2001-2006?

But I agree I would not have rapey on the list either but it has nothing to to with his criminal accusations.

The team looked fine without him this year. But whenever their D is hurting, like when Polamalu was out for a season, they sucked. and I kinda feel the same way with Brady. Matt Cassell who threw 33 passes for 190 yards his entire college career went 11-5 his year starting with the Patriots. Tom is good and has played on some great teams... but it is what it is. Great system, great coach with disciplined players. Not a great QB.

No

Brady

Roethlisberger

No I don't think we can

Look I dislike people who troll the boards and bump posts like this one just to rile people up about Vick, but that doesn't mean we go to the other extreme and pretend the guy isn't playing at a phenomenal level either and try to pretend he's not even a top 5-10 QB

Captain Falcon likes this

1. Mike Vick (He passes like the Top 5, but no QB run like him (6.7 YPC)

2. Tom Brady

3. Drew Brees

4. Peyton Manning

5. Philip Rivers

6. Aaron Rodgers

7. Ben Roethlisberger

8. Tony Romo

Eight is good - the rest don't do anything special but manage games the best they can.

Atl/0 and atlhomey like this

1-Mike Vick

2-Vince Young

3-David Garrard

4-Josh Freeman

5-Donovan McNabb

6-Jason Campbell

7-Senecca Wallace

8-Troy Smith

9-Charlie Batch

10-Joe Webb

Honorable mention Randall Cunningham Joe Gilliam and Akili Smith

Exactly! what an idiot! I noticed it also not only did Ben get accused of raping 2 different women in the same year, but the cop that helped him cover it up was fired. All the closet racist choose to turn a blind eye to that. Like ive said before. People use dogs as an excuse to hate Vick. You and I know what the real reason is, but anyway heres my Top 10. Im basing this off this season.

1)MICHAEL VICK

- He has the worse Oline in the league ,gets hit late everytime he throws and the Eagles are ranked last in redzone defense. Its mandatory for him to outscore every team he plays. Yet he still plays at a high level and wins. He doesnt have an all pro offensive line to give him all day to throw like Brady.

2) Tom Brady

3) Peyton Manning

4) Philip Rivers- Hes in one of the weakest divisions in the NFL you have to take that into consideration

5) Aaron Rodgers

6)Drew Brees

7) Matt Cassel

8)Eli Manning

9) Kevin Kolb

10) David Gerrard

1) Tom Brady

2) Peyton Manning

3) Aaron Rodgers

4) Drew Brees

5) Ben Roethlisberger

6) Phillip Rivers

7) Mike Vick

8) Matt Ryan

9) Tony Romo

10) Matt Cassel

Exactly! what an idiot! I noticed it also not only did Ben get accused of raping 2 different women in the same year, but the cop that helped him cover it up was fired. All the closet racist choose to turn a blind eye to that. Like ive said before. People use dogs as an excuse to hate Vick. You and I know what the real reason is, but anyway heres my Top 10. Im basing this off this season.

1)MICHAEL VICK

- He has the worse Oline in the league ,gets hit late everytime he throws and the Eagles are ranked last in redzone defense. Its mandatory for him to outscore every team he plays. Yet he still plays at a high level and wins. He doesnt have an all pro offensive line to give him all day to throw like Brady.

2) Tom Brady

3) Peyton Manning

4) Philip Rivers- Hes in one of the weakest divisions in the NFL you have to take that into consideration

5) Aaron Rodgers

6)Drew Brees

7) Matt Cassel

8)Eli Manning

9) Kevin Kolb

10) David Gerrard

What's racism have to do with a cop getting fired? Cops have their own standards they have to answer to. And from all I heard, neither was fired but lost their permission to have such off duty jobs as drive Ben around.

And regardless, Mike Vick pled guilty, Ben was never convicted of anything, so what we believe about him doesn't matter, really.And none of it has anything to do with rating them as QB's.

What's racism have to do with a cop getting fired? Cops have their own standards they have to answer to. And from all I heard, neither was fired but lost their permission to have such off duty jobs as drive Ben around.

And regardless, Mike Vick pled guilty, Ben was never convicted of anything, so what we believe about him doesn't matter, really.And none of it has anything to do with rating them as QB's.

Woooooord

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_5GRPD5-oXU4/SmgB5r22u0I/AAAAAAAAC9w/tnJ6mQ4_RCU/s400/imgOJ+Simpson2.jpg