Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MattyIce222

Post your Top Ten Quarterbacks

104 posts in this topic

1. Brady

2. Peyton

3. Brees

4. Big Ben

5. McNabb

6. Ryan

7. Rivers

8. Eli

9. Warner

10. Rodgers

**** Cutler, he's Jeff George part 2

A healthy Carson Palmer comes in at about 7 and Rodgers gets bumped. I'd say Flacco and Rodgers are pretty close. I think Rivers is a little overrated.

"I dont base my rankings off superbowl wins simply bc one game isnt telling of how good a QB is i.e. Big Ben is not even close to as good as a better quarterback than drew brees but has had a better defense and team around him to play with."

Very good observation...I may have to swap those two on my list now.

1. Peyton Manning

2. Drew Brees

3. Ben Rothlisberger

4. Kurt Warner

5. Donovan McNabb

6. Tom Brady

7. Eli Manning

8. Aaron Rodgers

9. Tony Romo

10. Jay Cutler

Hopefully soon Ryan will make this list, but as of right now, he's not a top 10 QB in the NFL. He's got more to prove to earn that title, he has the potential to be, but right now, this is the best list you'll find on this mb. Maybe I have Brady too low, but I hate his guts and think he's the most overrated QB ever, if I was building a team, I would take any of those 5 guys before I would look his way. I would have Rodgers above Manning, but Eli did manage to get a Lombardi, thanks in large part to his play at the end of the game.

Ok then by your reasoning you cant put Rodgers or Romo on your list. Rodgers is the same as Ryan he had one good season but the thing is he had a 6-10 season and dont get me started on Romo if you cant win in January and beyond dont think you are top 10

I'm so glad greatness is guaranteed after just one season... :)

I know you like stirring the pot, but come on. :lol:

How is your team's rookie QB looking so far?

1. peyton manning

2. drew brees

3. tom brady

4. matt ryan

5. phillip rivers

6. donovan mcnab

7. kurt warner

8. big ben

9. jay cutler

10. aaron rodgers

honorable mention Vick in 3yrs will break the top ten probably make 7 lol

:huh:

Top QB's

1 Brady

2 Peyton

3 Rothlisberber

4 Drew Brees

5 Phillip Rivers

6 McNabb

7 Warner

8 Eli

9 Hasselback

10 Ryan-(cause I'm a homer )

11 Cutler

12 Romo

13 Rodgers

14 Favre

15 Pennington

1. Peyton Manning

2. Tom Brady

3. Drew Brees

4. Donovan Mcnabb

5. Matt Ryan

6. Philip Rivers

7. Jay Cutler

8. Big Ben

9. Tony Homo

10. Kurt Warner

I didn't know Ryan was amongst the elite. He must have elite passing stats then? ^_^

Brees is 53-51 as a starter...he has elite passing stats but would you consider him one of the best with those W-L #'s? And anyone could put stats on the board playing for Payton.

1. Manning

2. Brady

3. Brees

4. Big Ben

5. Rivers

6. McNabb

7. Warner

8. Rodgers

9. Cutler

10. Ryan

As big as my man crush for Matty Ice is I can't put him Top 5 like most of you guys. 8-10 (Rodgers, Cutler, Ryan) could be moved around but I really like Aaron Rodgers and I feel like Cutler has done more than Matt has. With another strong season Matt could very well move into the Top 5.

Sorry guys, thus far Ryan has done nothing to prove he's a top 10 quarterback. Top 10 lists basing this off past achievements, not potential

1. Peyton Manning

2. Tom Brady

after this it gets very messy and really any of these quarterbacks can be switched with each other

3. Drew Brees

4. Ben Roethlisberger

5. Kurt Warner

6. Carson Palmer

7. Phillip Rivers

8. Donovan McNabb

9. Jay Cutler

10. Eli Manning

Yeah, I hear secondary players throw those terms around all the time. It's usually the first thing out of their mouth in an interview.

I am just thankful that Bucman is the representative for Tampa Bay on this forum. He makes it easy.

It should show the kind of character Ronda Barber is, Anyway even if Barber shat himself thinking how great Ryan is actually have anything to do with fulfilling y'alls predictions? :)

I know you like stirring the pot, but come on. :lol:

How is your team's rookie QB looking so far?

The pot on nonsense...:D

I can honestly say Freeman looks better every single time I see him play... which has been twice. :)

I assume you mean active QB's - so I'll list them as such:

1. Peyton Manning

2. Tom Brady (It was tough putting him second - but I think he has a better support system than Manning)

3. Kurt Warner

4. Drew Brees

5. Brett Favre

6. Ben Roethlisberger

7. Donovan McNabb

8. Matt Ryan

9. Philip Rivers

10. Aaron Rodgers

I don't like doing top 10 lists because I find myself having a hard time after you get past the first 2 or 3. The rest of the top top can really be said to be in sort of the same grouping - that said, here's mine:

1 and 1a Peyton Manning, Tom Brady

3. Drew Brees

4. Phillip Rivers

5. Ben Roethlisberger

6. Donovan McNabb

7. Aaron Rodgers

8. Kurt Warner

9. Matt Ryan

10. Jay Cutler

Honorable mention - Flacco, Romo

I assume you mean active QB's - so I'll list them as such:

1. Peyton Manning

2. Tom Brady (It was tough putting him second - but I think he has a better support system than Manning)

3. Kurt Warner

4. Drew Brees

5. Brett Favre

6. Ben Roethlisberger

7. Donovan McNabb

8. Matt Ryan

9. Philip Rivers

10. Aaron Rodgers

You have let me down. I expected you to join me in my homerlific opinion that Ryan is tied with Brady at one. Where is the real Tandy?

Sorry guys, thus far Ryan has done nothing to prove he's a top 10 quarterback. Top 10 lists basing this off past achievements, not potential

1. Peyton Manning

2. Tom Brady

after this it gets very messy and really any of these quarterbacks can be switched with each other

3. Drew Brees

4. Ben Roethlisberger

5. Kurt Warner

6. Carson Palmer

7. Phillip Rivers

8. Donovan McNabb

9. Jay Cutler

10. Eli Manning

Achievements?

Peyton Manning is at one here, but Brady has won more Superbowls than every single one of these guys. Big Ben as many rings as Eli and Peyton combined, and they are tied. Cutler and McNabb have never won a ring, but McNabb was actually in the Superbowl once. Rivers hasn't, and Palmer should be at the bottom of the list based on achievements.

If you're looking at wins, rings, and gaudy numbers from sheer attempts then you aren't looking at the big picture.

"Achievements" was the wrong word. "Credentials" would be better.

Ryan, though I love the guy, has done nothing worthy of being a top 10 NFL quartertback.

I don't need to speak for Peyton or Brady

Drew Brees has carried an entire offense with no running game

Roethlisberger has won two Super Bowls, proven over and over to be a clutch player and is a definite leader who has posted great stats

I don't need to speak for Warner

Palmer has the trouble of injuries and being on the trainwreck Bengals. he's a top 5 quarterback on any other team, and the seasons where he hasn't been bothered by injuries and the bengals haven't been a top to bottom mess he was one of the best

Rivers has really evolved into one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL. Last season was simply outstanding.

McNabb is still easily one of the NFL's better quarterbacks

Cutler is immature and can flop hard in Chicago, but he had a couple great gunslinger type seasons in Denver

Eli came into his own in 2007 and had a great season last year

Sorry, but Ryan does not yet deserve to be on the last after one season where the Falcons were mainly a run orientated team and Ryan was still learning the ins and outs of being an NFL quarterback.

Sorry, but Ryan does not yet deserve to be on the last after one season where the Falcons were mainly a run orientated team and Ryan was still learning the ins and outs of being an NFL quarterback.

I understand your logic here but I still disagree. I feel Ryan already deserves to be in the top 10. Your reasoning is valid, and it's why I have him towards the end of the list.

Yes he had a great running game for support, but he also showed a **** of a lot for a rookie. I think he was sacked just once for every 25 attempts or so. That is a **** of a stat for a rookie. It shows that he was already way ahead of the game in terms of being able to handle how DCs normally attack rookie QBs. He was a very quick decision maker. That's huge.

You have let me down. I expected you to join me in my homerlific opinion that Ryan is tied with Brady at one. Where is the real Tandy?

If I was ranking comparing them experience for experience (meaning the first 16 games of each) I'd have Ryan at number 1.

I think he's gonna run up that list so fast anyway that he'll be topping it out on everyones chart in a year or two.

I understand your logic here but I still disagree. I feel Ryan already deserves to be in the top 10. Your reasoning is valid, and it's why I have him towards the end of the list.

Yes he had a great running game for support, but he also showed a **** of a lot for a rookie. I think he was sacked just once for every 25 attempts or so. That is a **** of a stat for a rookie. It shows that he was already way ahead of the game in terms of being able to handle how DCs normally attack rookie QBs. He was a very quick decision maker. That's huge.

You might not agree, but the fact is is that he's rather unproven. He''s had one season, a great one at that but his struggles at year's end definitely raise questions, as do his ability to carry a team when the running game isn't going. For all we know (though I highly doubt it) 2008 could simply have been a year of everything going right; just another piece that went right in a season that was as lucky as possible.Throw all the rookie stuff out the window- if he's a fourth year player he is middle of the pack at best. Now that's is outstanding for a first year player, but he has not yet proven himself to be a top 10 NFL quarterback. Do I think he'll become a top 5 quarterback? Yes, I do. Perhaps not this coming season, but he will.

I'm all for optimism but to label him a top ten quarterback going into year 2, no matter how impressive his rookie season was, is just ridiculous.

If I was ranking comparing them experience for experience (meaning the first 16 games of each) I'd have Ryan at number 1.

I think he's gonna run up that list so fast anyway that he'll be topping it out on everyones chart in a year or two.

My homerism is greater than your homerism and I don't even have a Falcons room.

Sad sad day.

You might not agree, but the fact is is that he's rather unproven. He''s had one season, a great one at that but his struggles at year's end definitely raise questions, as do his ability to carry a team when the running game isn't going. For all we know (though I highly doubt it) 2008 could simply have been a year of everything going right; just another piece that went right in a season that was as lucky as possible.Throw all the rookie stuff out the window- if he's a fourth year player he is middle of the pack at best. Now that's is outstanding for a first year player, but he has not yet proven himself to be a top 10 NFL quarterback. Do I think he'll become a top 5 quarterback? Yes, I do. Perhaps not this coming season, but he will.

I'm all for optimism but to label him a top ten quarterback going into year 2, no matter how impressive his rookie season was, is just ridiculous.

It's not as if this league is full of great QBs. We are basically talking top 3rd here. There are a lot of 'meh' QBs out there...

It's not as if this league is full of great QBs. We are basically talking top 3rd here. There are a lot of 'meh' QBs out there...

You're arguing with a Virginia Tech fan who doesn't like Ryan. Might as well be arguing with a Brown fan about Elway. LOL.

No, usually only 10-15 teams have quarterbacks that you could throw the franchise label on at least for the short term. Then you got guys like Hasselbeck who are wildcards every year and guys like Garcia or Garrard who make you think for a season or two then disappear.

The top 10 have to be proven franchise quarterbacks. Matt Ryan is a franchise quarterback, but so is Flacco, Stafford, Sanchez and Russel. You can't call a guy top 10 based off one year in which everything that could possibly have gone right for a franchise did.

You're arguing with a Virginia Tech fan who doesn't like Ryan. Might as well be arguing with a Brown fan about Elway. LOL.

Please, I have no bitterness left over from the 06 and 07 seasons. Even then I couldn't hate the guy. The two drives that beat us in Blacksburg were great, all time drives and the game winning touchdown pass was one of the best plays of the decade. He's our franchise quarterback, he's perfect for the team and city and I am 100% behind him in every way possible. I'll give you a pic of my authentic Ryan jersey if you doubt.