Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MattyIce222

Post your Top Ten Quarterbacks

104 posts in this topic

2. Ben Rothelisberger, his stats are irrelavent.

I think this is a reason a lot of people overlook him. His stats don't jump off the paper at you but if you watch him play a game this guy is going to make as many plays for you as anyone else.

When I thought about this, I was considering who I would want at the helm on the final drive of a Superbowl. He is definitely second in my book, but no one comes close to Tom Brady.

I made this list for who I would want in order, for the immediate year and for a few years to follow (so if I had to sign a QB)

1. Tom Brady

2. Payton Manning

3. Drew Brees

4. Matt Ryan

5. Ben Rothelisberger

6. Aaron Rodgers

7. Joe Flacco

8. Phillip Rivers

9. Donovan Mcnabb

10. Kurt Warner

I am going to be dead serious...

1.) - Drew Brees

2.) - Peyton Manning

3.) - Tom Brady

4.) - Aaron Rodgers

5.) - Kurt Warner

6.) - Ben Rothlisberger

7.) - Donovan McNabb

8.) - Phillip Rivers

9.) - Eli Manning

10.) - Jay Cutler

Matt Ryan is in his second year so really shouldn't be in anyone's list. This is one of the best lists here by the way.

9. Matt Ryan, showed tremendous poise as a rookie last year...will only get better.

1. Matt Ryan, you are looking at 12-15 years of great football...no one else can offer that.

I'm so glad greatness is guaranteed after just one season... :)

Ronde Barber - He will be the standard for QBs by his third year.

Ronde seemed convinced.

Jay Cutler hasn't proved enough yet. I'd move him down the list to number 10.

I'd take out Eli and insert Big Ben. He plays ugly but gets the job done. 2 rings is proof of that.

1. Tom Brady

2. Peyton Manning

3. Drew Brees

4. Ben Rothlisberger

5. Philip Rivers

6. Kurt Warner

7. Donovan McNabb

8. Matt Ryan

9. Aaron Rodgers

10. Jay Cutler

Good list, the only thing i would think of changing is having Rodgers 8, Eli 9, Ryan 10.

1.) - Drew Brees

2.) - Peyton Manning

3.) - Tom Brady

4.) - Aaron Rodgers

5.) - Kurt Warner

6.) - Ben Rothlisberger

7.) - Donovan McNabb

8.) - Phillip Rivers

9.) - Eli Manning

10.) - Jay Cutler

Matt Ryan is in his second year so really shouldn't be in anyone's list. This is one of the best lists here by the way.

It depends. I'm look at pure playing ability, and Matt Ryan came out and looked/played the part of a Top 10 NFL QB pretty quickly. I mean, you look at guys like Eli/Big Ben, who have an amazing team all around them and have crashed when pressured/take their weapons away. I'll give Ben and Eli their Superbowl performances, but when you have the defenses and surrounding talent they have you have to keep things in perspective.

1.) - Drew Brees

2.) - Peyton Manning

3.) - Tom Brady

4.) - Aaron Rodgers

5.) - Kurt Warner

6.) - Ben Rothlisberger

7.) - Donovan McNabb

8.) - Phillip Rivers

9.) - Eli Manning

10.) - Jay Cutler

Rodgers has only started 1 year and you have him above a guy with 2 rings.

If you thought you could get away with it you would kidnap Ryan, drive him to Tampa, and put him in a buc uniform after which you would drive Freeman way out into the country and kick him out of the car.

I didn't know Ryan was amongst the elite. He must have elite passing stats then? ^_^

Tom Brady never had elite passing stats until 2004 or 2005, and never a truely elite passing season until 2007. Brees is great, but his numbers are ridiculously inflated because of that defense and their offensive game style.

Ronde Barber - He will be the standard for QBs by his third year.

Ronde seemed convinced.

When was the last time you seen or heard Barber dog on a player? The dude is a class act, one of the nicest.

Still thought, it is quite refreshing to know that a player is guaranteed to greatness after just one season... Anybody else here ever watch the actual game of Football before??? anybody... :)

When was the last time you seen or heard Barber dog on a player? The dude is a class act, one of the nicest.

Still thought, it is quite refreshing to know that a player is guaranteed to greatness after just one season... Anybody else here ever watch the actual game of Football before??? anybody... :)

You just keep implying that Ryan's a one year wonder. Maybe eventually you'll believe it.

You aren't fooling anyone. If Ryan wore puke-ter and gay pirate red you'd be telling everyone how he fed everyone in RayJay with just 5 loaves of bread and 2 fishes......

Keep doubting though. It's kinda humorous.

GAME WINNERS

1. Tom Brady

2. Peyton Manning

3. Donovan McNabb

4. Ben Roethlisberger

5. Bret Favre

6. Kurt Warner

7. Michael Vick

8. Jake Delhomme

9. Eli Manning

10. Drew Brees

Honorable mention to Ryan, Cassel and Flacco who haven't logged enough snaps to qualify but should make the list soon.

PASSERS

1. Drew Brees

2. Peyton Manning

3. Tom Brady

4. Donovan McNabb

5. Kurt Warner

6. Bret Favre

7. Phillip Rivers

8. Jay Cutler

9. Tony Romo

10. Matt Ryan

Honorable mention to Roethlisberger, Eli, Palmer and Dellhomme.

1.) - Drew Brees

2.) - Peyton Manning

3.) - Tom Brady

4.) - Aaron Rodgers

5.) - Kurt Warner

6.) - Ben Rothlisberger

7.) - Donovan McNabb

8.) - Phillip Rivers

9.) - Eli Manning

10.) - Jay Cutler

FalconsFanSince1970........... Is that you?

1) Tom Brady - definition of clutch

2) Peyton Manning - smart as they come

3) Kurt Warner - one of the best passers this generation

4) Big Ben - just gets it done

5) Donovan McNabb - man, if this cat had real rcvrs

7) Drew Brees - efficient

8) Phillip Rivers- dude's an azz, but walks it like he talks it

9) Aaron Rodgers- will only get better

10) Brett Favre- still a HOF, still can cut the mustard

Honorable mention- Matty Ryan, I know it may be too soon, but I can not see how the Iceman doesn't move into this list in the next couple of years with the weapons he has around him.

Nice player? Sure. Saying will be the NFL's standard of which all other QB's will be compared to in the next couple of years is a pretty big compliment to just throw out there.

So is that his standard compliment then for quarterbacks?

So is that his standard compliment then for quarterbacks?

Yeah, I hear secondary players throw those terms around all the time. It's usually the first thing out of their mouth in an interview.

I am just thankful that Bucman is the representative for Tampa Bay on this forum. He makes it easy.

1) Peyton Manning

2) Tom Brady

3) Ben Rothlisburger

4) Drew Brees

5) Kurt Warner

6) Donovan McNabb

7) Eli Manning

8) Phillip Rivers

9) Matt Ryan

10) Aaron Rodgers

Yeah, I hear secondary players throw those terms around all the time. It's usually the first thing out of their mouth in an interview.

I am just thankful that Bucman is the representative for Tampa Bay on this forum. He makes it easy.

That was an ok reply.

No. Wait. I phrased that wrong. Let me try again.

In 3 years your reply will be the standard for replies.

k from looking at these lists, i would only alter my list at a couple of spots.

I dont base my rankings off superbowl wins simply bc one game isnt telling of how good a QB is i.e. Big Ben is not even close to as good as a better quarterback than drew brees but has had a better defense and team around him to play with.

So i solely base my criteria off which quarterbacks give their team the best chance to win..

1. Tom Brady - i put brady ahead of manning bc i would much rather have Brady behind center in the 4th quarter than manning. he's clutch

2. Peyton Manning - one of the smartest QBs ever too play the game and always finds a way too win

3. Drew Brees - one of the most accurate QBs i've ever seen

4. Phillip Rivers - intelligent and consistent

5. Matt Ryan - studies the game with precision and prepares for every game like its his last. will be great for many years to come

6. Donovan McNabb - does whatever he can to win for a team with stupid ungrateful fans

7. Jay Cutler - has got a rocket for an arm, is still young, and will continue to improve decision making skills

8. Kurt Warner - i have him this low bc he is old and only put up great numbers last year bc of the system they ran with the receivers they had

9. Ben Roethlisberger - although he has not put up great numbers, he has proven year in and out to be a winner. 2 superbowls already.

10. Aaron Rodgers - has proven to be a very good quarterback and is definitely a step up from the deteriorating Favre lol

honorable mentions:

Eli Manning: good at times but never great except for the superbowl win, i just dont find manning to be very consistent

Tony Romo - has all the tools and skillsets to be a great QB but not sure if is mentally capable of winning when its needed.

This is based on right now who will have the best season.

1. Tom Brady

2. Drew Brees

In stats those two will dominate the rest

3. Peyton Manning

4. Aaron Rodgers- He had a similar season to Manning, but won less games and everyone hates him because of it.

5. McNabb

6. Matt Ryan

7. Big Ben

8. Phillip Rivers

9. Kurt Warner

10. Carson Palmer- if he stays healthy

1.Tom Brady

2. Peyton Manning

3. Drew Brees

4.Big Ben

5. Jay Culter

6. Eli Manning