Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MattyIce222

Post your Top Ten Quarterbacks

104 posts in this topic

1. Tom Brady

2. Peyton Manning

3. Drew Brees

4. Phillip Rivers

5. Matt Ryan

6. Jay Cutler

7. Donovan McNabb

8. Kurt Warner

9. Aaron Rodgers

10. Eli Manning

honorable mentions: Big ben and romo

UPDATED

k from looking at these lists, i would only alter my list at a couple of spots.

I dont base my rankings off superbowl wins simply bc one game isnt telling of how good a QB is i.e. Big Ben is not even close to as good as a better quarterback than drew brees but has had a better defense and team around him to play with.

So i solely base my criteria off which quarterbacks give their team the best chance to win..

1. Tom Brady - i put brady ahead of manning bc i would much rather have Brady behind center in the 4th quarter than manning. he's clutch

2. Peyton Manning - one of the smartest QBs ever too play the game and always finds a way too win

3. Drew Brees - one of the most accurate QBs i've ever seen

4. Phillip Rivers - intelligent and consistent

5. Matt Ryan - studies the game with precision and prepares for every game like its his last. will be great for many years to come

6. Donovan McNabb - does whatever he can to win for a team with stupid ungrateful fans

7. Jay Cutler - has got a rocket for an arm, is still young, and will continue to improve decision making skills

8. Kurt Warner - i have him this low bc he is old and only put up great numbers last year bc of the system they ran with the receivers they had

9. Ben Roethlisberger - although he has not put up great numbers, he has proven year in and out to be a winner. 2 superbowls already.

10. Aaron Rodgers - has proven to be a very good quarterback and is definitely a step up from the deteriorating Favre lol

honorable mentions:

Eli Manning: good at times but never great except for the superbowl win, i just dont find manning to be very consistent

Tony Romo - has all the tools and skillsets to be a great QB but not sure if is mentally capable of winning when its needed.

1. peyton manning

2. drew brees

3. tom brady

4. matt ryan

5. phillip rivers

6. donovan mcnab

7. kurt warner

8. big ben

9. jay cutler

10. aaron rodgers

honorable mention Vick in 3yrs will break the top ten probably make 7 lol

1. Tom Brady

2. Drew Brees

3. Peyton Manning

4. Donovan McNabb

5. Matt Ryan

6. Phillip Rivers

7. Eli Manning

8. Aaron Rodgers

9. Jay Cutler

10. Big Ben (This guy CAN escape the pass rush)

1. Tom Brady

2. Peyton Manning

3. Big Ben

4. Drew Brees

5. Phillip Rivers

6. Matt Ryan

7. Eli Manning

8. Donovan McNabb

9. Kurt Warner

10. Jay Cutler

1. Brady

2. Brees

3. P. Manning

4. Rivers

5. Roethlisberger

6. Ryan

7. Cutler

8. McNabb

9. Warner

10. Flacco

EDIT: Screw Rodgers. I took him out of tenth, put in Flacco.

1. Peyton Manning

2. Drew Brees

3. Tom Brady

4. Phillip Rivers

5. Matt Ryan

6. Donovan McNabb

7. Jay Cutler

8. Kurt Warnerr

9. Ben Roethlisberger

10. Aaron Rodgers

1. Tom Brady

2. Peyton Manning

3. Drew Brees

4. Phillip Rivers

5. Matt Ryan

6. Jay Cutler

7. Donovan McNabb

8. Kurt Warner

9. Aaron Rodgers

10. Eli Manning

Jay Cutler hasn't proved enough yet. I'd move him down the list to number 10.

I'd take out Eli and insert Big Ben. He plays ugly but gets the job done. 2 rings is proof of that.

1. Tom Brady

2. Peyton Manning

3. Drew Brees

4. Ben Rothlisberger

5. Philip Rivers

6. Kurt Warner

7. Donovan McNabb

8. Matt Ryan

9. Aaron Rodgers

10. Jay Cutler

1. peyton manning

2. drew brees

3. tom brady

4. matt ryan

5. phillip rivers

6. donovan mcnab

7. kurt warner

8. big ben

9. jay cutler

10. aaron rodgers

honorable mention Vick in 3yrs will break the top ten probably make 7 lol

*FACEPALM*

1. Peyton Manning

2. Drew Brees

3. Ben Rothlisberger

4. Kurt Warner

5. Donovan McNabb

6. Tom Brady

7. Eli Manning

8. Aaron Rodgers

9. Tony Romo

10. Jay Cutler

Hopefully soon Ryan will make this list, but as of right now, he's not a top 10 QB in the NFL. He's got more to prove to earn that title, he has the potential to be, but right now, this is the best list you'll find on this mb. Maybe I have Brady too low, but I hate his guts and think he's the most overrated QB ever, if I was building a team, I would take any of those 5 guys before I would look his way. I would have Rodgers above Manning, but Eli did manage to get a Lombardi, thanks in large part to his play at the end of the game.

I have a hard time seeing how Rothlisberger, Warner and McNabb ( :huh: ) are better than Tom Brady. That just doesn't make any sense. Also, I don't see how you think Ryan doesn't deserve to be up there and needs to prove himself when Aaron Rodgers didn't prove much so far either. Romo has never won a playoff game in a few attempts. Ryan should definitely be on that list.

1. Peyton Manning

2. Tom Brady

3. Drew Brees

4. Kurt Warner

5. Eli Manning

6. Philip Rivers

7. Matt Ryan

8. Ben Rothlisberger

9. Jay Cutler

10. Aaron Rodgers

I put a lot of weight on Super Bowl victories and past playoff success, but also on how good players are right now. Personally, I don't think Jay Cutler, Eli Manning, or Aaron Rodgers is a Top 10 QB in this league. Cutler needs to impress me without all the weapons he had in Denver; Manning is above average, but I don't think he makes my Top 10; Aaron Rodgers lights it up sometimes, but he really let the Packers down last year in 4th down situations.

So here's my list:

1. Tom Brady

2. Peyton Manning

3. Ben Roethlisberger

4. Kurt Warner

5. Donovan McNabb

6. Philip Rivers

7. Drew Brees

8. Matt Hasselbeck

9. Matt Ryan

10. Matt Schaub

I know people will argue about Hasselbeck and Schaub being on here, but that's just my opinion. ^_^

I value clutch above passer ratings and arms. With that in mind, Ryan and Brady tie the top of my list with Big Ben being a close second. If the sb were tomorrow and we were trailing and needed a score in the last 2 minutes of the game I would put the ball in Ryan's hands. I'd pick Ryan over Brady because I don't know where Brady is right now but I can't knock him off number 1 just because of what he has done.

In that 2 minute scenario my top 10 is as follows:

1. Brady and Ryan

2. Big Ben

3. P.Manning

4. Brees

5. E.Manning

6. Rivers

7. Rodgers

8. Warner

9. Favre

10. Cutler

1. Peyton Manning

2. Tom Brady

3. Drew Brees

4. Big Ben ( the guy just gets the job done)

5. D McNabb

6. Eli Manning

7. Philip Rivers

8. Matt Ryan( if has the season i think he will would be top 5 next yr)

9. Jay Culter ( Great arm but has to prove he can win)

10. Kurt Warner ( depends on which one shows up this year)

Honorable Mention: Aaron Rodgers and Tony Romo

1. Tom Brady

2. Peyton Manning

3. Drew Brees

4. Phillip Rivers

5. Matt Ryan

6. Jay Cutler

7. Donovan McNabb

8. Kurt Warner

9. Aaron Rodgers

10. Eli Manning

1. Tom Brady

2. Ben Roethlisberger

3. Peyton Manning

4. Drew Brees

5. Matt Ryan

6. Phillip Rivers

7. Tony Romo

8. Kurt Warner

9. Aaron Rodgers

10. Jay Cutler

Tom Brady is so far ahead and so much better than everyone else in the league at his position I almost feel guilty giving him just the #1 spot. I feel he's the first, second, and third best QB in the league, and then you can start talking about everyone else. Best of all time and anyone who thinks otherwise is biased and doesn't like the Patriots or their coach.

1. Peyton Manning

2. Drew Brees

3. Ben Rothlisberger

4. Kurt Warner

5. Donovan McNabb

6. Tom Brady

7. Eli Manning

8. Aaron Rodgers

9. Tony Romo

10. Jay Cutler

Hopefully soon Ryan will make this list, but as of right now, he's not a top 10 QB in the NFL. He's got more to prove to earn that title, he has the potential to be, but right now, this is the best list you'll find on this mb. Maybe I have Brady too low, but I hate his guts and think he's the most overrated QB ever, if I was building a team, I would take any of those 5 guys before I would look his way. I would have Rodgers above Manning, but Eli did manage to get a Lombardi, thanks in large part to his play at the end of the game.

Really? You truly believe that Tom Brady is the 6th best QB in the league? How can you expect anyone to value your opinion in anything after you type that.

Your right, Big Ben who has won 2 SB isn't better than "Matty Ice"??? How surprising...

And where is Flacco? if your gonna put up Ryan you gotta put up Flacco! :)

I can't argue with that list at all.

lol at your sig....he's counting like $600. Wow. I've never seen that much money in my life. That guy is a G!!!!! $600!!!! Oh. My. God.

I'm sorry, but so many people have Matt Ryan around number 5. That's just silly, the guy has had 1 good year, yes he was a rookie, so a great year, but it's still just 1 year.

1. T. Brady

2. P. Manning

3. P. Rivers

4. D. Brees

5. K. Warner

6. B. Roethlisberger

7. D. McNabb

8. M. Ryan

9. A. Rodgers

10. E.Manning

If the list were done on potential alone, then Matty would have the top 5 spots to himself to be honest, but it isn't. These guys have proved themselves year in and year out, get off Ryan's balls. We have ourselfs a future player who could easily surpass any records these guys set, but we still can't proclaim he is the best yet.

1. Peyton Manning

2. Tom Brady

3. Drew Brees

4. Phillip Rivers

5. Kurt Warner

6. Donovan McNabb

7. Ben Roethlisberger

8. Aaron Rodgers

9. Matt Ryan

10. Jay Cutler

Really, looking at the numbers and keeping all of it in context, it's hard not to place Ryan in the bottom half of the Top 10.

Link

I think my list would go:

1) Tom Brady

2) Peyton Manning

3) Drew Brees

4) Ben Roethlisberger

5) Philip Rivers

6) Donovan Mcnabb

7) Eli Manning

8) Matt Ryan

9) Jay Cutler

10) Aaron Rodgers

I know I put Big Ben up there a little high but you can't argue with success, I know they play great defense and have a steady running game, but over the past couple of seasons he has carried that team and made some really incredible plays. I put Matt Ryan a little low I think he's definately top 5 material, but only being in the league one year so far puts him down there a little bit, if I was making this list at the same time next year I would put him in the top 4 as I see him having an amazing year this season.

1. Peyton Manning

2. Phillip Rivers

3. Drew Brees

4. Tom Brady

5. Carson Palmer

6. Jay Cutler

7. Aaron Rodgers

8. Matt Ryan

9. Ben Roethlisberger

10. Matt Hasselbeck

The only reason Tom Brady isn't #1 and is #4 is because he's coming off an injury. If he can show he's still the same quarterback he was, then he will go to #1 and bump everyone down one. But I don't think he will be the same guy.

1. Peyton Manning

2. Tom Brady

3. Drew Brees

4. Phillip Rivers

5. Ben Roethlisberger

6. Matt Ryan

7. Kurt Warner

8. Donovan McNabb

9. Carson Palmer (when Healthy)

10. Aron Rodgers

Honorable Mentions: Eli Manning, Jay Cutler, Matt Schaub, Tony Romo

cant believe Palmer has only been mentioned once

I think you have to do 2 of these. The 1st list would indicate who I would pick if I had 1 game to go out and win tomorrow and the 2nd list is who I would pick if I were building a franchise for long term.

I have one game to win:

1. Tom Brady, and it's not close.

2. Ben Rothelisberger, his stats are irrelavent.

3. Kurt Warner, has played well in 3 Superbowls and should be a HOF'er.

4. Brett Favre, as much as I despise the guy his experience would be extremely valuable.

5. Eli Manning, doesn't collapse in big games.

6. Drew Brees, well respected.

7. Peyton Manning, his history going back to college in big games is a bit scary.

8. Phillip Rivers, has been hit or miss in the playoffs but is still fairly young.

9. Matt Ryan, showed tremendous poise as a rookie last year...will only get better.

10. Donovan McNabb, I know he hasn't done it, but has the ability and intelligence to win the big one.

I am starting a franchise

1. Matt Ryan, you are looking at 12-15 years of great football...no one else can offer that.

2. Aaron Rodgers, has already been through more then most 30 year old QB's and is only 25.

3. Ben Rothelisberger, knows what it takes to win.

4. Tom Brady, you are only going to get maybe 5 years out of him, but you know you are getting the best for those 5 years.

5. Peyton Manning, again you wouldn't get alot of time but I am not sure there is a smarter QB in the NFL.

6. Joe Flacco, don't think he is quite the talent Ryan is but nonetheless very skilled and very young.

7. Drew Brees, if you are building a team he would be a great role model for younger players no doubt about it.

8. Eli Manning, emerged as a leader for a veteran team at a young age, but I am still not that impressed with his on field play.

9. Phillip Rivers, extremely talented but I don't think he has good leadership qualities.

10. Jay Cutler, see above.

2. Ben Rothelisberger, his stats are irrelavent.

I think this is a reason a lot of people overlook him. His stats don't jump off the paper at you but if you watch him play a game this guy is going to make as many plays for you as anyone else.