Coach Smith just said the only DL locked in as starter is JA55

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a d-bag...

Another sack slurping thread by the one and only message board clown. Even his groupies are avoiding his threads like the plague now...[/quote

Gaz is getting annoying to everyone now, GAzoo man you were probably the friend that is cool, but gets on everyone nervous because they never shut up, they keep going and going.

Gaz is getting annoying to everyone now, GAzoo man you were probably the friend that is cool, but gets on everyone nervous because they never shut up, they keep going and going.

Right. We are on the verge of something that could be very special and the only thing he cares about is trolling. He thinks he should lecture us on how to be fans?

he pointed out some information that the coach said, and i personally had not seen.

now, i could act like a ***** like the most of you, but instead ill just say thanks for finding it.

I really do have a problem with the amount of people saying Sidbury is primarily an RDE on their depth charts though. I really don't see him playing the right all the much, If Abe ever gets injured or needs a rest, Biermann will take it, Sidbury will be in at LDE in the majority of any snaps he takes tbh

he pointed out some information that the coach said, and i personally had not seen.

now, i could act like a ***** like the most of you, but instead ill just say thanks for finding it.

I really do have a problem with the amount of people saying Sidbury is primarily an RDE on their depth charts though. I really don't see him playing the right all the much, If Abe ever gets injured or needs a rest, Biermann will take it, Sidbury will be in at LDE in the majority of any snaps he takes tbh

When you have suffered though his agenda long enough you may not feel that way.

heh. I just realized that we are probably killing gazoo right now. He is so used to getting pages and pages of heated debates and flamewars and we are destroying every new thread he makes.

Trollbusters

Yeah what is worse is the fact that he is not even seeing our posts because we are on ignore so he has less posts to respond too. :D

When you have suffered though his agenda long enough you may not feel that way.

X1000

i think we start Abraham, Babineaux, Johnson, and Anderson. but if Anderson doesnt play lights out for the first 3 games, Davis will replace him.

good post and good contribution to the thread.

I agree with your starting lineup and also feel JA98 is going to have to continue working hard and developing his talent as it's been reported he is doing. If he slacks, the coaches won't hesitate to start Davis in front of him.

Holy crap, you guys don't know happy this makes me. I want Sidbury to start!

Sidbury has the skills to rush the passer immediatelyt and will therefore be a situational pass risher this year IMO.

He was getting outright abused in the run defense though in preseasn and has at least a year or two worth of development IMO before he could sniff a full time starting role.

I love the kids upside, but he is nwhere near ready to star in the NL.

Babineaux can't like hearing that

Abe can't be pushed any further. Competition is a way for Smitty to get the best from his players in areas of concern. Also, since we have so much new blood on that side of the ball it is important for these guys to realize that they have to earn their spots each year by staying in shape and playing at a high level. No one is ever guaranteed a spot. If Ryan had shown up out of shape we might be seeing a qb battle going on for starter. The reason it takes some players like Roddy longer to come along is because they get to the NFL and start playing around too much.

Johnson will not be playing on many pass downs. We don't have a simplistic rotation like this, but this is probably the closest approximation:

Run down:

Anderson

Babs/Jerry

Lewis

Davis

Pass down:

Sidbury/Biermann

Babs/Anderson

Jerry/Babs

Abraham

OH I completely agree that it will not be a simple exchange between pass and run downs

I was just tyring to baseline a difference.

There will be so many combinations out there that it would be difficult to list them all.

I really expect to see a mix of run/pass defense on most plays.

I do think Johnson will get a good bit of playing time.

Sidbury has the skills to rush the passer immediatelyt and will therefore be a situational pass risher this year IMO.

He was getting outright abused in the run defense though in preseasn and has at least a year or two worth of development IMO before he could sniff a full time starting role.

I love the kids upside, but he is nwhere near ready to star in the NL.

He is not getting abused, he is actually doing better than expected.

He is not getting abused, he is actually doing better than expected.

Well, they all got a little abused week 1. I thought Sid had a strong showing in week 2 and I hope he gets lots of playing time this week. I really liked what I saw last week but it is too soon to tell. So far all the news coming from camp has been positive and it looks quite favorable that he will make the team. As far as his role, who knows. He might be a typical backup for a year or two or he might surprise us all. Let's see if he takes steps forward this week or back.

Well, they all got a little abused week 1. I thought Sid had a strong showing in week 2 and I hope he gets lots of playing time this week. I really liked what I saw last week but it is too soon to tell. So far all the news coming from camp has been positive and it looks quite favorable that he will make the team. As far as his role, who knows. He might be a typical backup for a year or two or he might surprise us all. Let's see if he takes steps forward this week or back.

He seems like the Hard working type that takes well to coaching from the staff or his peers, ABe said he is like a Mini Me, he cant get rid of the dude. This is very positive and promising that he understands that you need help to get better unlike JA98. I must confess, Gazoo is actually doing a great job of turning me off from JA98. The more articles i see from him about his minor improvements is diminshing my hopes for him. :(