Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pejo

Off topic but asking for prayers

25 posts in this topic

I know this has nothing to do with football. But, my father was diagnosed with cancer in April. He went through his chemo treatments and everything looked good until they looked at the cat scan again. the cancer that was on his head, ribs ans spine was all gone but, they found it in his bone marrow. Now, I have two sister-in-laws that are nurses and I know how serious it is. He is living on borrowed time right now. We almost lost him today. He is going down to Stanford in the morning, which is the best cancer treatment in the nation, but it's just delaying the inevitable. I am trying to be as strong as I possibly can but, it's not easy. I am not asking for me but if you could say a little prayer for him and my mother I would appreciate it. Sorry to make this a sob story but I had to share it with someone and everyone is asleep here.

Thank you my fellow falcon fans! -_-

I know this has nothing to do with football. But, my father was diagnosed with cancer in April. He went through his chemo treatments and everything looked good until they looked at the cat scan again. the cancer that was on his head, ribs ans spine was all gone but, they found it in his bone marrow. Now, I have two sister-in-laws that are nurses and I know how serious it is. He is living on borrowed time right now. We almost lost him today. He is going down to Stanford in the morning, which is the best cancer treatment in the nation, but it's just delaying the inevitable. I am trying to be as strong as I possibly can but, it's not easy. I am not asking for me but if you could say a little prayer for him and my mother I would appreciate it. Sorry to make this a sob story but I had to share it with someone and everyone is asleep here.

My Heart and Prayers are with you and your family.

Lost my dad 2 years ago, know what you are going through. It's tough. Prayers for you, your sisters & the rest of your family along with prayers for your dad.

It's a shame that anybody has to go thru this. Lost my dad 11 years ago and I feel your pain. My family's heart's and prayers go out to you.If your family is close getting thru this is easier.

Thank you every little bit helps. I know someone up there is listening

You said it. I'll be praying for you and your family, I know what you're going through.

I will pray for you and your family. As a brain cancer patient/survivor, I know what he is going through, and to an extent what your family is going through. I have my next MRI on September 8th. Please return the favor and keep me in your prayers. Also, what is your Dad's name? I like to be specific when I am talking to God.

God Bless, and go Falcons!

Prayers to you and yours....lost my mom in December...it was amazing to see how, even when fighting something so daunting, how strong she was.

I lost my dad 3 years ago, very tough thing for all your family to have to go through. I remember the doctor telling me after I asked him how my dad was doing that "he's getting ready to go to heaven" I hope that thought brings you the same degree of comfort it brought me. My heart and prayers are with you and your family.

sorry to sound like an azz, but honestly he may not have much time left. He may have less than a year, so if there is anything the 2 of you guys haven't done together I suggest doing it. Maybe the docs can work a miracle with him, thoughts and prayers are with you.

GOD Bless you and your family, hope all is well. I know where you are coming from I lost a sister to Liver Cancer, its rough. But I still believe in miracles so keep your head up, FOR WITH GOD NOTHING SHALL BE IMPOSSIBLE.

Hey man, I've lost two uncles and an aunt all this year. Now, my father in law had to have emergency surgery the other day and is ICU. Keep you head up, you will get through it. You have to be strong for everyone else. Best wishes.

It's not a sob story man, you are hurting and it is understandable. Don't give up but make the most of every moment, which hopefully will be more than you expect.

I lost my dad to cancer but by the time he went to the DR both of his lungs were infected with cancer. I feel your pain and hope for the best.

From a Cowboys fan, not that it matters.

Best wishes to you and your dad.

My father died three years ago of lung cancer because the old stubborn man refused to go to the doctor for years even though he was a heavy smoker for 50 years. As long as your father wants to live and fight, he will beat the cancer!