OK coming into the new season my concerns were:

Schedule

Injuries

DLine

Corners

Offensive Line

One of them has been eliminated.

THE OFFENSIVE LINE

I am thoroughly impressed. Gaping holes in the run game. Pancake blocks. Perfect pockets. They are playing nasty. Expect plenty fights in 2009. I haven't seen a Falcon Oline like this in 15 years. Not since the Chris Miller era with Kenn, Fralic, Hinton, Dukes and Hoover. They were a beastly pass blocking team but I don't think they can wear these boy's jock strap in the run game. Plus they were smallish. When you consider this OLine have Gonzalez, Ryan, Turner, Roddy and Norwood behind them at the skill positions, you gotta be skirming in your boots if you are a DC, defense, head coach, owner or fan of one of the teams we play this year. If they eliminate the type of games they got the run shut down in last year we will be unstoppable on offense.

What part of last season's performance gave you any concern for the OL????

They're playing at the exact same caliber as the did the entire 2008 campaign. The OL, in my opinion, one of this teams biggest strengths.

The only possible concern I had of them was depth.

They got totally shut down in the run game seven times last year. We went 1-6 in those games with the lone win coming on a six second miracle play.

This year they have even more of those type defenses. If they can run on at least half em we will be OK. If they get shut down by all of em like they did last year we will be scrambling to break the back to back curse. Trust me.

Harvey Dahl is THE MAN. He was squashing dudes out there.

Baker was solid as usual. GREAT to see the line not miss a beat with Romberg starting.

this is a big plus; also, when the other scrubs were in Snelling had holes to run through too. I know it was the rams scrubs also, but it shows our scrubs are better.

Clabo and Dahl are the NFL's version of a wrestling tag team. Can't give enough props to those two. The schedule I'm not going to worry about. The D-line I think will take care of itself especially in the run game. As far as the corners go, I'm going to wait awhile before I start worrying. The injury issue, I'm hoping for the best and hope we're past those.

Harvey Dahl is THE MAN. He was squashing dudes out there.

Baker was solid as usual. GREAT to see the line not miss a beat with Romberg starting.

Dude is an as beater.

Everybody that plays him better know you need to play to the whistle against him or you will be pile driven into the turf on national TV. Just check what he did to the Ram LB on the Turner TD. Nasty.

If he can improve a little more in pass protection he will be our first Pro Bowl Olineman in years.

What part of last season's performance gave you any concern for the OL????

They're playing at the exact same caliber as the did the entire 2008 campaign. The OL, in my opinion, one of this teams biggest strengths.

The only possible concern I had of them was depth.

Asked and answered. Depth was an issue last year. We were fortunate not to have more injuries than we did. We may not be so lucky this year. Developing solid backups will be important.

Asked and answered. Depth was an issue last year. We were fortunate not to have more injuries than we did. We may not be so lucky this year. Developing solid backups will be important.

Depth was my concern for the OL. He never mentioned it. He commented on the performance side of their play.....

I am thoroughly impressed. Gaping holes in the run game. Pancake blocks. Perfect pockets. They are playing nasty. Expect plenty fights in 2009. I haven't seen a Falcon Oline like this in 15 years. Not since the Chris Miller era with Kenn, Fralic, Hinton, Dukes and Hoover. They were a beastly pass blocking team but I don't think they can wear these boy's jock strap in the run game. Plus they were smallish. When you consider this OLine have Gonzalez, Ryan, Turner, Roddy and Norwood behind them at the skill positions, you gotta be skirming in your boots if you are a DC, defense, head coach, owner or fan of one of the teams we play this year. If they eliminate the type of games they got the run shut down in last year we will be unstoppable on offense.

I was merely relating that I saw this all year long last season, and that this shouldn't have been some stunning revelation. ;)

Depth was my concern for the OL. He never mentioned it. He commented on the performance side of their play...

I was merely relating that I saw this all year long last season, and that this shouldn't have been some stunning revelation. ;)

Agreed.

Clabo and Dahl are the NFL's version of a wrestling tag team. Can't give enough props to those two. The schedule I'm not going to worry about. The D-line I think will take care of itself especially in the run game. As far as the corners go, I'm going to wait awhile before I start worrying. The injury issue, I'm hoping for the best and hope we're past those.

Yea I want to make up a T-shirt that says on the front

FALCONS

NASTY BROTHERS

77 AND 73

CLABO@ DAHL

And on the Back says

Main Entry: nas·ty

Pronunciation: \ˈnas-tē

Date: 14th century

1 : mean, tawdry

2 a : extremely hazardous or harmful b : causing severe pain or suffering c : sharply unpleasant : disagreeable

3 a : difficult to understand or deal with b : psychologically unsettling

Well i guess i can sleep better now that one of your main concerns whas been eliminated, frankly, i never was

concerned (other than depth) as others have stated. I guess we need to move along to other areas of concerns that you

have provided. ;)

You weren't concerned when we went 1-6 in the games our run game got shut down in? What about in the last four games when the Oline started getting owned in the pass game? Ryan's worst stretch of the year? No concern? OK?

FALCONS

NASTY BROTHERS

77 AND 73

CLABO DAHL

And on the Back says

2 a : extremely hazardous or harmful b : causing severe pain or suffering c : sharply unpleasant : disagreeable

You might wanna add McClure, Blaylock and Baker. They all have been pile driving the defense until the whistle blows on running plays. A lot of times that whistle comes late. Totally legal. Totally nasty. Defenders will either wither down from that or meltdown and blow a gasket.

Depth was my concern for the OL. He never mentioned it. He commented on the performance side of their play.....

Then you missed 7-9 games. On a schedule that featured STL, DET, KC, GB and OAK. Watch the tapes.

You weren't concerned when we went 1-6 in the games our run game got shut down in? What about in the last four games when the Oline started getting owned in the pass game? Ryan's worst stretch of the year? No concern? OK?

Why is you have to put a negative spin on a otherwise sucessful season? Give me a break - Jesus, did they have some off games?

Of course they did, but to be fair and objective, when you allow what 17 sacks and have a RB go for what 1,699 yds, i don't

see that particular area as any type of concern, do you? Wow, 11-5 and you have to nickpick, in my estimation, one of our strongest

assets, wow....

It's amazing what an OL can look like when you don't have a QB making them look bad.
TonaBull checking in folks. Notorious Vick Hater. From day one.

Dude I've seen every QB that's suited up in a Falcon uni. And their Olines. Ryan, Brady, Manning, Brees, Marino, Unitas, Elway and Montana all would have died behind some of the Olines Bart, Vick and Chandelier played with. Trust me.

Print it I'll but several since I am the original Dahl fan in here way back when he was just acquird 2 seasons ago. I said then as witnessed by all that I know Dahl sinc ehe was a Little League Falon Football kid played ball with my sons. He is the real thing. So yes print it please I'll buy several. I am donw here in Argentina though so we'l need to make a hook-up to send them down this way. Get back to me on that and let me know what we can work out. Great idea!!!! Dahl and Clabo rule. Dahl's from Fallon, Nevada playd with the Churchill County HS Green Wave the years he played that team was the meanest, nastiest and toughst but lost every game just about. What impressed me about the Green Wave football team was they never quit even though they played ina very tough, Northern Nevada league. Dahl was just as dominate back then as he is right in this league, it makes no difference to him he just plays and he doesn't like losing believe on that one.

later let shave a fan section for the Nas-te Boys 73 & 77 at the games great idea....sell pancakes...great idea...get'er done, wayward son....

FALCONS

NASTY BROTHERS

77 AND 73

CLABO@ DAHL

And on the Back says

OK coming into the new season my concerns were:

Schedule

Injuries

DLine

Corners

Offensive Line

One of them has been eliminated.

THE OFFENSIVE LINE

I find my self often worry about our Defense tho...

The Dline is not what i've hope it would be come,

JA98 hasnt show up like the report that i've heard from him, not saying he hasnt improve but, he did... but i would like to see more from him.

Peria Jerry, He still struggle out there, i hope he'll progess more as the season goes on..

Cornerback

Middleton and Chris Owens is progessing well, but they still making rookies mistake.

The Defense is progressing but what im worrying about is the schedule that we're facing this year.

ihope Tom Brady, Drew Brees (x2), Jay Cutler, Eli Manning is not too much for our young defense

Then you missed 7-9 games. On a schedule that featured STL, DET, KC, GB and OAK. Watch the tapes.

Nope. Seen everyone of them. Half of them from Section 321. Did you really expect them to put up moster rushing yards in every single game. Against defenses like MIN who only gave up 4 100+ yd games all season, which ATL got 98 on, or in shootout games against teams who were exposing the Defense, such as PHI, DEN, CHI, and ARI. Even the early games against TB and CAR (and the playoff game against ARI for that matter), the Falcons had to go to the air to try and get out from behind the 8 Ball the Defense put them behind. Not the OL's fault.

Why is you have to put a negative spin on a otherwise sucessful season? Give me a break - Jesus, did they have some off games?

Of course they did, but to be fair and objective, when you allow what 17 sacks and have a RB go for what 1,699 yds, i don't

see that particular area as any type of concern, do you? Wow, 11-5 and you have to nickpick, in my estimation, one of our strongest

assets, wow....

Thank You. C/S......

Well i guess i can sleep better now that one of your main concerns whas been eliminated, frankly, i never was

concerned (other than depth) as others have stated. I guess we need to move along to other areas of concerns that you

have provided. ;)

award29mar.jpg

I'm assuming you point would be - We had a "soft schedule", Well if you remember, prior to the beginning of 2008, that schedule on

paper didn't seem soft, did it? For a team slated to win what - At most 4 games? Now my question to you would be at the conclusion

of another stellar year, who gonna replace the KC's/OAK'S/DET'S/STL'S/GB'S??? "Trust me", this time next next year we'll be having

the same conversation - Based upon a schedule that included xxxx/xxx/xxxx/xxx?