---------------Houston

ABE------------------CJ

Lewis-------Wire -----ToolBox

-------------Winborn -------Coleman

Davis -----Nic

---------------Von Hutchins

finally som winburn love yes sir toolbox has to be moore

and you trust von cool thats a first

What is it with people thinking that the 3-4 is the solution to all problems.

its not but in this case i want winburn on kboss blitz nicholas and drop lofton and peterson in coverage 3 yrds infrot of the first down and dont let no one behind them next to them bring moore next to them and coleman coverage deep

3-4 cover 3 shifted to the K.boss side

If he mentions Brett Favre in his report I might throw my beer bottle at my television. I could use a new TV anyway, been wanting to get me a DLP.

and im so confused peyton :lol::D

3rd and 10 in the NFL is hardly and obvious passing down.

Especially with that little time left & the Giants, with their defense, up by 3. Most likely scenario is that the Giants are running the ball. Not sure why everybody is thinking pass.

Incomplete pass stops the clock in that situation, gives us our timeouts (which are not mentioned in the scenario, so I will assume we have 3 left) and the 2 minute warning, so in effect 4 timeouts.

If I'm DC, I'm playing the run here.

JA55 - Jerry - Babs - JA98

Nicholas - Lofton - Peterson

Owens - Jackson

Moore - Coleman

Come out in our basic cover 2 look but the after the offense sets we shift it up to almost a 60 gap look. Bring the 2 OLBs up towards the LOS. Have Moore shift up to cover Boss, if they don't pull him in to the line after our shift into the 60 front. If they pass, the OLB's responsibility is the RB & the TE (not named Boss), but if they run, which I expect, then we fill all the gaps & flow to the ball.

ToolBox is Antoine Harris I believe, but what's got me is he has Chevis Jackson at OLB...cuz he did say 3-4 right??? Or did he mean nickel? :mellow:

Yea, its a Nickel

I wrote 3-4 first and I forgot to go back and edit it

3-3-5

As for Von at Cb, he is the only one that has been there and done that,

Rookie Fear- I guess

Especially with that little time left & the Giants, with their defense, up by 3. Most likely scenario is that the Giants are running the ball. Not sure why everybody is thinking pass.

Incomplete pass stops the clock in that situation, gives us our timeouts (which are not mentioned in the scenario, so I will assume we have 3 left) and the 2 minute warning, so in effect 4 timeouts.

If I'm DC, I'm playing the run here.

JA55 - Jerry - Babs - JA98

Nicholas - Lofton - Peterson

Owens - Jackson

Moore - Coleman

Come out in our basic cover 2 look but the after the offense sets we shift it up to almost a 60 gap look. Bring the 2 OLBs up towards the LOS. Have Moore shift up to cover Boss, if they don't pull him in to the line after our shift into the 60 front. If they pass, the OLB's responsibility is the RB & the TE (not named Boss), but if they run, which I expect, then we fill all the gaps & flow to the ball.

im sory but why would you give a offense like matt ryan roddy white tony gonzo michael turner jarious norwood mike jenkis and or marty booker a oppurtunity to put a 2:00 min drill together this is crazy to me i dont trust any defense against these guys

i wouldnt settle i would try just like the cardinals did on 3rd down to seal the game because if YKW did not make the wrong read then our offense would have a chance to win the game dude im sorry

It's an interesting situation ... it depends who we're playing and how much we fear their ability to check to the run.

If it's the Saints we could probably go

RE- Abraham

NT - Anderson

LE - Biermann

So we get our best rushers on the field in positions they can work from

Linebackers is an interesting one. Winborn is a better coverage LB so I wouldn't be surprised if he made his way onto the field, and since Lofton is getting the green dot he'll need to stay on, so I'd drop Nicholas in this instance.

Cornerbacks, Grimes and Houston (Grimes has to earn the spot unlike last year) with Jackson in the slot and Decoud and Coleman at safety.

Two different schools of thought because I could understand the logic with going for a bigger defensive line ... not keen on a 4 man line, would rather invite teams to run by making them fearful of how many we have in coverage as even running on us we should be able to stop the first down

im sory but why would you give a offense like matt ryan roddy white tony gonzo michael turner jarious norwood mike jenkis and or marty booker a oppurtunity to put a 2:00 min drill together this is crazy to me i dont trust any defense against these guys

i wouldnt settle i would try just like the cardinals did on 3rd down to seal the game because if YKW did not make the wrong read then our offense would have a chance to win the game dude im sorry

1. You've got one of the top 5 defenses in the league. If you can't trust them in the final 2 minutes, then you're going to lose anyway.

2. An incomplete pass stops the clock, giving the Falcons a little more than 2 minutes (probably around 2:20), plus all their time outs, plus the 2 minute warning. A run, even if it's stopped, will force the Falcons to use a time out if we want to keep the Giants from running the clock down to 2 minutes & then punt.

We have no idea where the ball is located. If it's deep in the Giants territory, then there's really only one thing the Giants can do, and that's run. You don't take the risk passing with the ball deep on your side of the field that late in the game & you're leading. If it's midfield, or just across, then maybe you do take the shot to ice the game, but only because you can be pretty sure you can force the Falcons to have to go 80+ yards if you have to punt and the extra 20 seconds isn't quite as big of a deal.

I understand that in Madden the obvious answer is pass, even if you're on your own 1, but this is a real game & coaching staffs have real questions to answer to their owners & the media. They are taking the higher percentages and trusting their D which has held us to 3 points fewer than them for the rest of the day.

Make this a different team, one that is not a run heavy team with an excellent defense & you'll probably get a different answer out of me. Like Kal says, if it's the Aints.....then yeah, they are probably going to pass and you set your D differently, but you said the Giants, and IMO, given the situation, they are running the ball.

I understand that in Madden the obvious answer is pass, even if you're on your own 1, but this is a real game & coaching staffs have real questions to answer to their owners & the media. They are taking the higher percentages and trusting their D which has held us to 3 points fewer than them for the rest of the day.

:lol::lol::lol: Funny cuz it's true lmao

you also have a great Qb that you can trust to complete a pass even if it isnt for the first down even to keep the clock moving

how ever

try Atlanta's offense if you want in the last 2 mins the'll expose your defensive weaknesses