Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

=abrahamburger=

What does it mean if a FALCONS FAN

Would you say/do something?   92 members have voted

1. 1. Would you say/do something to them?

• Yes (explain)
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

227 posts in this topic

Jay, I mentioned this before to Tandy. You can wear Falcons colors for next to nothing. I mean, I see people at the games in UGA shirts/hats because their red is our red, so how hard would it be to do that?

Or...

Buy a red shirt at Walmart for $8

Buy a falcons shirt/hat at Walmart for $10

If people wanted to rep the Falcons with colors (100% for that) there are cheap options to do so.

I can't compare Keith Brooking to Michael Vick, and neither can anyone else. Come to think of it, could you honestly equivocate Vick's rise & fall and shame he brought to the franchise to any other player? I really can't. McNair, Stalworth, Furcal.... nothing comes to my mind that is nearly as big.

Keith Brooking lost a step over the year and will be remembered for the 3rd and long mishap vs. the Cardinals, but that bad decision was on the field.

Matters not.

Vick fans will be Vick fans, and they'll wear their jersey proudly.

For others, that jersey will be the only falcons jersey that they have and will have for years, so they'll wear it.

Wearing a black or red T-Shirt when you have a perfectly fine jersey is silly (no matter what the number).

For the remainder of us, that jersey is LONG GONE. But, frankly, that's OUR CHOICE. They are no worse nor

no better fans by still wearing that old jersey.

A comparison would be what to do with the fans who still wear a Favre Falcons jersey? <well, similar anyway>

<Brett didnt dog fight, that we know of, but he was a HUGE drunkard>

Jay, I mentioned this before to Tandy. You can wear Falcons colors for next to nothing. I mean, I see people at the games in UGA shirts/hats because their red is our red, so how hard would it be to do that?

Or...

If people wanted to rep the Falcons with colors (100% for that) there are cheap options to do so.

I can't compare Keith Brooking to Michael Vick, and neither can anyone else. Come to think of it, could you honestly equivocate Vick's rise & fall and shame he brought to the franchise to any other player? I really can't. McNair, Stalworth, Furcal.... nothing comes to my mind that is nearly as big.

Keith Brooking lost a step over the year and will be remembered for the 3rd and long mishap vs. the Cardinals, but that bad decision was on the field.

I still see some comparison with regard to Vick and Brooking, both are former Falcon players and now play for the competition, but i still kind of understand what you are saying but I have Forgiven Vick and if Vick is still a favorite player to some then so be it, but as long as they are cheering for the Falcons then they are fine with me, but if they are Eagles fans then i might engage in a little friendly trash talk if they are sitting next to me, but i would do that regardless of what opposing fan enters the dome.

The reality is if the Vick haters weren't so passionate with this "You're not a real Falcon fan if you don't want Vick to fail" attitude...you probably wouldn't have to worry about so many Vick jerseys Dec. 6th.

Matters not.

Vick fans will be Vick fans, and they'll wear their jersey proudly.

For others, that jersey will be the only falcons jersey that they have and will have for years, so they'll wear it.

Wearing a black or red T-Shirt when you have a perfectly fine jersey is silly (no matter what the number).

For the remainder of us, that jersey is LONG GONE. But, frankly, that's OUR CHOICE. They are no worse nor

no better fans by still wearing that old jersey.

A comparison would be what to do with the fans who still wear a Favre Falcons jersey? <well, similar anyway>

<Brett didnt dog fight, that we know of, but he was a HUGE drunkard>

Okay, I don't know how proud I would be if I wore a jersey that brought me ridicule/boos and/or confrontations.

In regards to Favre, he became a media darling with a big contract and success *AFTER* he was given the boot by the Falcons for being a Buckhead party boy. I never cheered for the man (he didn't even start). I think when people wear a Favre jersey it is more like a novelty than being a fan of his (of course this is speculation on my part).

:lol::lol::lol: Goofball.

lol, its less that, than State pisses me off. they f'n with my Fin Aid and almost my classes, but lucky dad send me money to pay for tuition. DONT GO TO STATE <_<

lol, its less that, than State pisses me off. they f'n with my Fin Aid and almost my classes, but lucky dad send me money to pay for tuition. DONT GO TO STATE <_<

Financial Aid is shriveling up in this economy. I saw where this girl attending Spelman was dropping out because she couldn't get FA and couldn't afford to go there.

Bad times.

Financial Aid is shriveling up in this economy. I saw where this girl attending Spelman was dropping out because she couldn't get FA and couldn't afford to go there.

Bad times.

its not even like they dropped me, but they keep losing the same document i send them. i gave it to them 4 times already, and the last time i actually handed it to the people.

don't matter long as we win, they could wear a boo boo dah fool jersey for all i care, just put 7 on the board iceman ..... <_<

its not even like they dropped me, but they keep losing the same document i send them. i gave it to them 4 times already, and the last time i actually handed it to the people.

I hated going through FA every time i had to do it.

The reality is if the Vick haters weren't so passionate with this "You're not a real Falcon fan if you don't want Vick to fail" attitude...you probably wouldn't have to worry about so many Vick jerseys Dec. 6th.

QFT.

It took me two extra years as an undegraduate and one extra year as a grad student because I specifically avoided college loans and FA. The hassle wasn't worth it in my mind. I walked out of there with my masters and no debt.

FA is a funny bunch of squirrels.

I'm a Falcons fan, but I'm happy for Vick as well. I still support him and hopes he does well on the field and off.

I'll be at the Eagles game along with two other games and possibly the road game at Tampa this year. I'm going to make my first ever sign to bring to the game that says something like "Thank you Vick from a Falcons fan." I still appreciate what he did for the Falcons on the field and I really hope he gets his career back on track.

If any of you have a problem with any of that save your comments until you see me at the Dome. Comments made behind a keyboard and username by wannabe Internet tough guys don't scare me. If you want to call me names and heckle me at the Dome that's fine. If you hit me or throw things at me I'll gladly get security to put you in custody. Luckily for some of you I never owned a #7 jersey.

It's elitist to say a Falcon fan shouldn't wear a #7 jersey or a person wearing a #7 jersey isn't a real fan. No one anointed any of you to make the Falcon fan etiquette rulebook. At least such people are showing up at the Dome; at least that's better for the team than those people staying home.

I support every fan's right to wear a #7 jersey if he/she pleases. If anything happens to a person wearing a #7 jersey I'll help security all I can to get the guilty party booted out of the Dome, just like with any other unruly fan.

One of the best posts I've read on this forum in weeks....

It took me two extra years as an undegraduate and one extra year as a grad student because I specifically avoided college loans and FA. The hassle wasn't worth it in my mind. I walked out of there with my masters and no debt.

FA is a funny bunch of squirrels.

Smart move. i mostly use it for the free money i get from pell and another grant.

i need to start looking into scholarships, so i wouldnt have this problem.

There will be a lot of Michael Vick jerseys at the Georgia Dome this season. And there are still a lot of Vick fans in the NFL, especially in Atlanta that will never change. I don't own ANY player's jersey but have plenty of Falcon wear. I don't have a right to tell anyone what to wear and I don't take any of this personally - to each his own.

Smart move. i mostly use it for the free money i get from pell and another grant.

i need to start looking into scholarships, so i wouldnt have this problem.

You got the Pell Grant? That was only available for people over 25 (or some minimal age requirement), I thought. That's a good one.

well i believe that after spending the offseason away from the message boards i believe it is time to return now.

Wearing a falcons #7 jersey at the dome that day is HIGH TREASON. It is insulting to Thomas Dimitroff, Matt Ryan, Mike Smith, and all the other high character people in this organization. Those people are not true fans.

I'll wear my number wherever I go... :P

In my opinion a falcons uniform is a falcons uniform regardless of the number or name on the back. The same question can be asked of any former player's jersey. Is a Brooking jersey off limits too? How about Chandler or a JA32?

Personally I think it would be foolish and a bit too nut huggery to wear Vick's falcons uniform but I can't speak for why everyone would do it. I might be as simple as a thank you for things (the good ones) he did here or possibly a sign of forgiveness. To say that just because we have some vick first fans on here that fans in a vick uni would actually be rooting for him to crush us is assuming too much.

With that said if it is a Iggle #7 I would just assume they are Iggle fans because no true fan shows up wearing the colors of the opposing team.

Or...

People gonna wear what they wanna wear regardless if what anyone says...MV7 Falcon jersey, MR2 jersey and, no one

should deliberately target in a mean sort of way... I do have a question though, don't mean to put you on a spot,

way would you bring Furcal or Mcnair (R.I.P Steve) into any sort of comparsion, (however remote) with what Vick did???

Why even mention those guys, just asking...

People gonna wear what they wanna wear regardless if what anyone says...MV7 Falcon jersey, MR2 jersey and, no one

should deliberately target in a mean sort of way... I do have a question though, don't mean to put you on a spot,

way would you bring Furcal or Mcnair (R.I.P Steve) into any sort of comparsion, (however remote) with what Vick did???

Why even mention those guys, just asking...

I'm glad you asked. These are former stars that brought bad press to their team. I used them as example to show they aren't even in the same stratosphere as Vick.

If they're wearing a Falcons jersey then I might not say anything.

However, anyone wearing the jersey of the other team is fair game... regardless of the number on the jersey...