Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

=abrahamburger=

What does it mean if a FALCONS FAN

Would you say/do something?   92 members have voted

1. 1. Would you say/do something to them?

• Yes (explain)
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

227 posts in this topic

I agree 100% with this. Maybe I should have asked:

WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO SOMEONE WEARING A #7 FALCONS JERSEY AT THE DOME?

B!tch slap IMO.

What does it mean if a FALCONS FAN, is wearing a #7 jersey at the dome on Dec. 6th?

Your post is not relevant... -_- -_-

You may need to back track a little and find out how we got there.

Keep up.

I'm a Falcons fan, but I'm happy for Vick as well. I still support him and hopes he does well on the field and off.

I'll be at the Eagles game along with two other games and possibly the road game at Tampa this year. I'm going to make my first ever sign to bring to the game that says something like "Thank you Vick from a Falcons fan." I still appreciate what he did for the Falcons on the field and I really hope he gets his career back on track.

If any of you have a problem with any of that save your comments until you see me at the Dome. Comments made behind a keyboard and username by wannabe Internet tough guys don't scare me. If you want to call me names and heckle me at the Dome that's fine. If you hit me or throw things at me I'll gladly get security to put you in custody. Luckily for some of you I never owned a #7 jersey.

It's elitist to say a Falcon fan shouldn't wear a #7 jersey or a person wearing a #7 jersey isn't a real fan. No one anointed any of you to make the Falcon fan etiquette rulebook. At least such people are showing up at the Dome; at least that's better for the team than those people staying home.

I support every fan's right to wear a #7 jersey if he/she pleases. If anything happens to a person wearing a #7 jersey I'll help security all I can to get the guilty party booted out of the Dome, just like with any other unruly fan.

This is one of the stupidest threads, among many, that I have ever seen. I will be at the game Dec 6. I support the Falcons, and always have since 1975. I have no jerseys at all. But if I did have a #7 jersey, I dare someone to step to me over some stupid ish!!! IT'S A JERSEY, NOT YOUR WIFE/GIRLFRIEND/BOYFRIEND!!!

This is one of the stupidest threads, among many, that I have ever seen. I will be at the game Dec 6. I support the Falcons, and always have since 1975. I have no jerseys at all. But if I did have a #7 jersey, I dare someone to step to me over some stupid ish!!! IT'S A JERSEY, NOT YOUR WIFE/GIRLFRIEND/BOYFRIEND!!!

A stupid post in a "stupid thread." Go buy a Vick jersey, then. I'm sure nobody will say anything, do anything, or look at you weird.

I'm a Falcons fan, but I'm happy for Vick as well. I still support him and hopes he does well on the field and off.

I'll be at the Eagles game along with two other games and possibly the road game at Tampa this year. I'm going to make my first ever sign to bring to the game that says something like "Thank you Vick from a Falcons fan." I still appreciate what he did for the Falcons on the field and I really hope he gets his career back on track.

If any of you have a problem with any of that save your comments until you see me at the Dome. Comments made behind a keyboard and username by wannabe Internet tough guys don't scare me. If you want to call me names and heckle me at the Dome that's fine. If you hit me or throw things at me I'll gladly get security to put you in custody. Luckily for some of you I never owned a #7 jersey.

It's elitist to say a Falcon fan shouldn't wear a #7 jersey or a person wearing a #7 jersey isn't a real fan. No one anointed any of you to make the Falcon fan etiquette rulebook. At least such people are showing up at the Dome; at least that's better for the team than those people staying home.

I support every fan's right to wear a #7 jersey if he/she pleases. If anything happens to a person wearing a #7 jersey I'll help security all I can to get the guilty party booted out of the Dome, just like with any other unruly fan.

I support the fans as well. I'm not being elitist, I'm being a realist. It is obviously debatable that wearing his jersey is suspect (for more than one reason). We went 11-5 and, as previously discussed in this thread, this is one of the most exciting/promising upcoming seasons that many can think of in Atlanta history. If we can't fill a dome based on that alone, then that should be a whole different thread on our fanbase or lack there of.

When I made this thread, I didn't limit reactions to the dome. How about tailgaters and/or on Marta?

abrahamburger this poster has a point in both regards, this thread is kind of crazy, and I highly doubt that anyone would be so stupid to harash/fight someone with a Vick Jersey on they will to busy cheering the falcons to victory.

abrahamburger this poster has a point in both regards, this thread is kind of crazy, and I highly doubt that anyone would be so stupid to harash/fight someone with a Vick Jersey on they will to busy cheering the falcons to victory.

Well we're not all smart, though. However, would questioning this person be considered harassing? As stated previously in this thread, some could very well boo someone with a Vick jersey on (I mean, is that really that far fetched to think that could happen?).

Instead of mentioning others, how about a first-person scenario: How would you feel cheering on Matt Ryan and the Falcons, while wearing a Michael Vick Falcons jersey?

It is not outlandish to propose a sense of irony or oddity in that case.

A stupid post in a "stupid thread." Go buy a Vick jersey, then. I'm sure nobody will say anything, do anything, or look at you weird.

I don't need to buy a Vick jersey when he is no longer a Falcon. Is what he did wrong? Yes. Does he deserve a second chance? Yes. I'm sure you get weird looks no matter what your wear. I'm not playing your little game any longer. Put your tail between your legs and walk away. Bye Bye Now.

I'm not gonna try to fight anybody but after a few brewskis I'll probably have a few things to say. Maybe I'll see the guy who bought my Vick jersey from Goodwill.

Considering how many people continued to wear #7 jerseys last year at the stadium, I really don't see the difference. Who cares what someone wears to the game, all that matters it what happens on the field.

I don't need to buy a Vick jersey when he is no longer a Falcon. Is what he did wrong? Yes. Does he deserve a second chance? Yes. I'm sure you get weird looks no matter what your wear. I'm not playing your little game any longer. Put your tail between your legs and walk away. Bye Bye Now.

Buy a Falcons jersey period.

I'm not glad, but understanding, that he got a second chance. He's not my QB anymore, so I won't support him.

My tail is already between my legs, but it hangs in the front.

Is it open season on them?

You know it's going to happen... I'm not promoting violence in any way shape or form but, doesn't that type of action deserve a reaction?

How are you going to know that they are Falcons fans and not just Eagles fans or Va Tech alum (Atlanta is a huge transplant city)? Are you going to give a survey to everyone with a #7 Eagles jersey on?

:lol:

Well we're not all smart, though. However, would questioning this person be considered harassing? As stated previously in this thread, some could very well boo someone with a Vick jersey on (I mean, is that really that far fetched to think that could happen?).

Instead of mentioning others, how about a first-person scenario: How would you feel cheering on Matt Ryan and the Falcons, while wearing a Michael Vick Falcons jersey?

-_- is all i can say to this whole post.

You didn't save your comments so I'm not going to either. If you are a Falcon fan and you have a sign like that instead of one cheering on the Falcons, you are suspect in my opinion. I'll be in section 118 wearing a Brooking jersey.LOL

In answer to the question. I voted no. Not worth it to throw that money away for the Philthy Eagirl/ookie fans.

The OP has a point and I am not surprised by certain posters reactions who can't realize the point but take the I'm a badazz in cyberspace cause no one can beat me in Halo. Well, the world needs ditch diggers too.

Considering how many people continued to wear #7 jerseys last year at the stadium, I really don't see the difference. Who cares what someone wears to the game, all that matters it what happens on the field.

Yeah, there were a lot of Vick jerseys understandably last year. The honeymoon was not over because a lot of people questioned the Ryan choice from day one. I can sympathize with that choice. However now, not so much, seeing how he was ROTY.

I guess it would be like Petrino taking this team to a NFCCG, and then leaving next year before the season was over. Then Mike Smith comes in and brings us to a 11-5 season. Wouldn't it be weird to still support Petrino?

Well given the current economy, maybe that individual was not able to buy a Matt Ryan Jersey but wanted to wear the Falcon colors and show that he supported the team, as long as that person is cheering for the Falcons i dont care if they what they have one. Case in point, my little cousin has a Falcons jersey but it is a Vick Jersey and if he wants to wear it then no problem.

I got a question, HOw different would it be if the Cowboys Vs. Falcons game was played in the A, and you wore your Keith Brooking Jersey because he was your favorite player and you still cheered for the Falcons.

Yeah, there were a lot of Vick jerseys understandably last year. The honeymoon was not over because a lot of people questioned the Ryan choice from day one. I can sympathize with that choice. However now, not so much, seeing how he was ROTY.

I guess it would be like Petrino taking this team to a NFCCG, and then leaving next year before the season was over. Then Mike Smith comes in and brings us to a 11-5 season. Wouldn't it be weird to still support Petrino?

There will always be supporters of people whether good or bad, just happy I don't have to wear of the label of a MV7 fan. I think everyone will be taunting ANYONE wearing anything other than a Falcons jersey/colors at the game, its the nature of the beast.

Well given the current economy, maybe that individual was not able to buy a Matt Ryan Jersey but wanted to wear the Falcon colors and show that he supported the team, as long as that person is cheering for the Falcons i dont care if they what they have one. Case in point, my little cousin has a Falcons jersey but it is a Vick Jersey and if he wants to wear it then no problem.

I got a question, HOw different would it be if the Cowboys Vs. Falcons game was played in the A, and you wore your Keith Brooking Jersey because he was your favorite player and you still cheered for the Falcons.

Jay, I mentioned this before to Tandy. You can wear Falcons colors for next to nothing. I mean, I see people at the games in UGA shirts/hats because their red is our red, so how hard would it be to do that?

Or...

Buy a red shirt at Walmart for $8

Buy a falcons shirt/hat at Walmart for $10

If people wanted to rep the Falcons with colors (100% for that) there are cheap options to do so.

I can't compare Keith Brooking to Michael Vick, and neither can anyone else. Come to think of it, could you honestly equivocate Vick's rise & fall and shame he brought to the franchise to any other player? I really can't. McNair, Stalworth, Furcal.... nothing comes to my mind that is nearly as big.

Keith Brooking lost a step over the year and will be remembered for the 3rd and long mishap vs. the Cardinals, but that bad decision was on the field.