Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

=abrahamburger=

What does it mean if a FALCONS FAN

Would you say/do something?   92 members have voted

1. 1. Would you say/do something to them?

• Yes (explain)
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

227 posts in this topic

did you forget our defense in Lambeau who forced 5 turnovers and special teams who blocked a punt for a td..Vick had like 110 yards passing that game and 70 rushing ..Yet Vick gets the praise of winning that game single handly

Vick might have done alot for the city of Atlanta but he also disgraced the city unlike no other and separated the city as well .

Also maybe it says if they're to poor to buy the new green vick jearsy maybe they didn't want to fork up the cash for a new Falcons jearsy (when they already bought one) either. Not neccsarily a political statment.

Last post about this in this thread. Anyone who fights any other person because of the Jersey they are wearing, should get a few nights in jail for stupidity at the very least.

Is it open season on them?

You know it's going to happen... I'm not promoting violence in any way shape or form but, doesn't that type of action deserve a reaction?

Oh, this is just adorable.

Drafting on defense, signing on offense (with the exception of Peterson). That seems offense oriented to me, like you said, which builds around Matt Ryan. I mean, we did sign the kid before he played in game one to the biggest rookie contract ever.

The key words are building around. Dan Reeves may have had a plan for adding pieces around Vick but he handcuffed himself with some bad contracts and had a little bad luck. I feel that the hiring of Jim Mora was the biggest set back that this franchise has ever experienced.

I despise Petrino as much as anyone but the Mora experiment did more damage to the franchise because it was a subtle undoing that wasted years. If it were not for the genius of Dimitrof we would still be in a world of hurt.

Last post about this in this thread. Anyone who fights any other person because of the Jersey they are wearing, should get a few nights in jail for stupidity at the very least.

I agree. That is only one scenario though, as if people just bashed an innocent person for wearing a Vick jersey.

What's wrong with asking someone "Why are you wearing that jersey?" and it doesn't escalate into violence. This is why I asked on the poll for people to explain why they chose Yes. Of course, they didn't have to, but it would have opened the doors to alternate actions besides fighting (which is the hot poker in the thread right now).

The key words are building around. Dan Reeves may have had a plan for adding pieces around Vick but he handcuffed himself with some bad contracts and had a little bad luck. I feel that the hiring of Jim Mora was the biggest set back that this franchise has ever experienced.

I despise Petrino as much as anyone but the Mora experiment did more damage to the franchise because it was a subtle undoing that wasted years. If it were not for the genius of Dimitrof we would still be in a world of hurt.

I guess you missed it, but yeah I said I misread your post. When they released Reeves, I was big time bummed out and I am in total agreement with your analysis of Mora (since it is the truth).

I agree. That is only one scenario though, as if people just bashed an innocent person for wearing a Vick jersey.

What's wrong with asking someone "Why are you wearing that jersey?" and it doesn't escalate into violence. This is why I asked on the poll for people to explain why they chose Yes. Of course, they didn't have to, but it would have opened the doors to alternate actions besides fighting (which is the hot poker in the thread right now).

Absolutely nothing wrong with asking " Why are you wearing that jersey?" Even a good natured trash talking is fine and should be expected. Just no violence.

Absolutely nothing wrong with asking " Why are you wearing that jersey?" Even a good natured trash talking is fine and should be expected. Just no violence.

That's what I was leaning towards.

I guess you missed it, but yeah I said I misread your post. When they released Reeves, I was big time bummed out and I am in total agreement with your analysis of Mora (since it is the truth).

Sorry, I did miss the post.

I was bummed out as well with the firing of Reeves but I've never been as excited about Falcons football going in to a season as I am now, thanks to TD and Mike Smith. We took the long way around but I think we have finally arrived.

Sorry, I did miss the post.

I was bummed out as well with the firing of Reeves but I've never been as excited about Falcons football going in to a season as I am now, thanks to TD and Mike Smith. We took the long way around but I think we have finally arrived.

I am too because Blank is wiser, our GM is establishing himself quickly, our HC has the will and trust of the players to back him. I am not saying anything that you/most fans don't know, but...

Mora took over for interim coach Wade Phillips who replaced the fired Dan Reeves after Vick broke his leg. Then Mora had a healthy new Vick. On the flip side, this team is building drafting and signing smart... smarter than I've ever seen. So yes, I too am the most excited about this upcoming season: more than any other season in the past (including the 1999 season).

I am too because Blank is wiser, our GM is establishing himself quickly, our HC has the will and trust of the players to back him. I am not saying anything that you/most fans don't know, but...

Mora took over for interim coach Wade Phillips who replaced the fired Dan Reeves after Vick broke his leg. Then Mora had a healthy new Vick.

Right. That was the season that Vick led the Falcons to the NFC Championship game. B)

He took us to the NFC Championship game and was the NFC coach in the Pro-Bowl game... ^_^^_^

With a team that was built by Dan Reeves with workman like guys like Ed Jasper and Chris Draft. When McKay started to bring Mora's people in it all went down hill.

Right. That was the season that Vick led the Falcons to the NFC Championship game. B)

With Reeves' team. Almost a Dungy/Gruden Bucs type situation.

By the way, what fan would forget the last year we went to the NFCCG? (Rhetorical) Coincidentally, it got very rowdy in the following season when we played/beat them on MNF. After the muffed punt debacle in Philly last year, the hostility on that alone should/will be high.

did you forget our defense in Lambeau who forced 5 turnovers and special teams who blocked a punt for a td..Vick had like 110 yards passing that game and 70 rushing ..Yet Vick gets the praise of winning that game single handly

Vick might have done alot for the city of Atlanta but he also disgraced the city unlike no other and separated the city as well .

Swift,,I'm not disgraced by what he did, he's disgraced, and how did he separate the city? He's just a football player. There must have been something already going on with the city.

I remember people wearing Dieon jerseys at home when he went to San Fran and we played them. That pissed me off more than this would.

That said, fan buys a ticket, he can wear what he wants. I see no reason a true fan would want to wear it, but there is no rule saying only true fans can come to a home game (I wish there was!).

Swift,,I'm not disgraced by what he did, he's disgraced, and how did he separate the city? He's just a football player. There must have been something already going on with the city.

i think if you showed any criticism at Vick you were labeled a racist which is the furthest thing from the truth

I know of a certain crowd that will where that jersey....but then again their not true fans anyway.....

wear

Cism

i think if you showed any criticism at Vick you were labeled a racist which is the furthest thing from the truth

OK,,that is wrong,,to criticize a player for poor play or weaknesses in their game is what fans do. I think when you start to get into their personal life it causes speculation. Still if the city wasn't already hung up on race, then that wouldn't be the first thing someone would think.

Reminds me with disagreeing with goverment run health care atm.

but Vick has a huge fan base, and they have the right to come to his whipping he will receive that day, if McNabb is injured around then.

I know of a certain crowd that will where that jersey....but then again their not true fans anyway.....

So what is the true number of the fanbase? Obviously you think its pretty small.