Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

=abrahamburger=

What does it mean if a FALCONS FAN

Would you say/do something?   92 members have voted

1. 1. Would you say/do something to them?

• Yes (explain)
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

227 posts in this topic

I was waiting for that one. Vick's actions showed how weak the franchise really was at the time. Building the team around one player bit us in the butt; simple as that.

We are doing that now with Ryan, and it is working out swimmingly...

there not Falcon fans in my eyes

Why Swifty? When he played for the Falcons he did a lot of good things. Yes, he did some horrible things, I understand that, he did lie to all of us and betray the trust of many of his biggest fans. But to deny the joy he brought us on many occassions is just crazy IMO. I for one will never forget what he did (if it was good or it was bad) but I am willing to forgive. I really just don't understand?

Isn't a Cylon some dorky character from BattleStar Gallactica? It is (I googled it). Please don't talk about online vs. real life with that handle and that avatar (God forbid that is you).

Is that you in your avatar? REALLY? And your calling someone else DORKY? :lol::lol:

It means they are racist....quite simple....but it will happen.....Atlanta is a town defined by race....always has been, always will be.

Where is there race in all this? Where did he say "if you see a black person wearing a Vick jersey" or "if you see a white person wearing a Vick jersey..." The only person mentioning race in it is you.

We are doing that now with Ryan, and it is working out swimmingly...

"swimmingly..." You are definitely quite the character.

Anybody wearing Falcon colors and cheering for the Falcons is fine with me. I don't care what number is on it or the name on the back.

If they are wearing Eagles jersey #7 - then I would treat them like I would any other Eagles fan, period.

It's not the Falcons vs. Vick. It's the Falcons vs. Eagles and I'll treat it like any other game against a very good team - I'll fret, stress, cheer, worry when the momentum swings, squeal with delight when it's on our side. I'll go from wringing my hands to jumping for joy - but I will not turn on a fellow Falcon fan for supporting a player they like on another team.

Now - if they say bad things about the Falcons - then it's on!

Once again, if someone is wearing a FALCONS Vick jersey, they can't be a Falcons fan. You can buy a jersey at Walmart for $10 or just wear a black or red shirt. HeIl, you can buy a Falcons shirt for $10 or the same price for a hat. Skip out on a few beers and the $27 BBQ sandwich at the dome, and you can buy a nice Falcons jersey.

Why Swifty? When he played for the Falcons he did a lot of good things. Yes, he did some horrible things, I understand that, he did lie to all of us and betray the trust of many of his biggest fans. But to deny the joy he brought us on many occassions is just crazy IMO. I for one will never forget what he did (if it was good or it was bad) but I am willing to forgive. I really just don't understand?

Great post.

Who among us can forget the Green Bay playoff game in the frozen tundra, or the levitation game against Carolina.

There are very few players who have done more for Atlanta than Mike Vick.

Show me where I have promoted violence one time in this thread: Perhaps you misread "is it open season on them?" On the contrary, I typed "I am not promoting violence" in the very first post of this thread. You took it as the exact opposite and ran with it.

You can't compare a former player to Vick in terms of bad press, chances, fan involvement, and the utter shame he brought to this organization. Coincidentally, Ryan was a key player (as well as staff) in revamping this franchise. So why support the guy who brought down the house? It isn't like he was an exciting player who left for another team, like Hall Sanders and Brooking.

Your thread is promoting violence. Let me rephrase its planting the thought in people's mind. And at the very least it is getting people to think about it. You probably were the super instigator at your high school.

I personally don't own a Vick Jersey, but Vick has done nothing to me. Nothing vick has done has caused me any harm or affected my bank account in any way.

Ed Hartwell and Peerless Price both hurt the Franchise Wayyyyyyyy worse than VIck ever has.

You people act like Vick was banging your wife.

Leonard Little ya know the HUMAN killer was in our very own Georgia Dome last year. Where was the "beat Leonard Little's ***" posts?

Is that you in your avatar? REALLY? And your calling someone else DORKY? :lol::lol:

No it is not. But that is you in your avatar, judging by your reaction. For real, don't try the "real life" stuff when you're lookin' like a transdorker.

Did any of them contribute to the destruction of this franchise like Michael Vick did? (There's some argument for Brooking, but that has to be in jest).

Yes you're right he did deal a major blow to the Falcons -- but he did play football

Years ago the falcons put out big money for a rookie QB that did nothing but party and drink his entire time in Atlanta

and he dealt a big blow to the Falcon's plans but I do not see a lot of animosity toward him on these boards

It means they are still fans of his. It also may mean they are happy he's getting a second chance. Is it high treason or open season on a fan wearing a Patrick Kerney jersey now that he plays for Seattle or a Schaub jersey now that he is a Texan? I think anyone attempting to degrade another fan because of what they are wearing or how they feel are just asking for it and deserves whatever azz whupping they get if they choose to get ugly. I'm not wearing his jersey for two reasons- 1) cause he's not a Falcon anymore and 2) to keep myself out of trouble cause I know some jackazz that had too much to drink would be trying to get me in some trouble by being STUPID and insulting me in front of my family or folks. It's not worth it at all.

Is it open season on them?

You know it's going to happen... I'm not promoting violence in any way shape or form but, doesn't that type of action deserve a reaction?

No matter how much you try to back pedal or spin the subject, you ARE justifying violence against another human being because of what they wear. Your a sorry excuse for a human being.

No we are not. We have more offensive weapons now than ever before.

Drafting on defense, signing on offense (with the exception of Peterson). That seems offense oriented to me, like you said, which builds around Matt Ryan. I mean, we did sign the kid before he played in game one to the biggest rookie contract ever.

Exactly...Race has nothing to do with the Eagles Falcons game!!!

BUT!!!....If you are wearing a Vick jersey..... :lol::lol::lol:

It's on!!!

Section 133 row 2 seats 9-10. I'll buy a vick jersey just for the occasion. I'm going to let you swing on me just so I can see you hauled away in cuffs. :lol: " Don't drop the soap"

Yes you're right he did deal a major blow to the Falcons -- but he did play football

Years ago the falcons put out big money for a rookie QB that did nothing but party and drink his entire time in Atlanta

and he dealt a big blow to the Falcon's plans but I do not see a lot of animosity toward him on these boards

Once again, agree to disagree. Favre wasn't a starter here and didn't ride the city's fanbase like a surfer. When I think of all the Falcons players, I can't think of one player that was more popular than Vick. I also can't think of one player that brought more shame to this franchise than Vick.

Thus comparing him to other former players... I just don't get it. (It doesn't mean you didn't bring up some good points, though).

There is one thing to support Vick and wish him well..**** i one of his biggest critics have but i will not show support by wearing a Vick jersey to a Falcon game cause he is no longer a Falcon and disgraced the franchise. Just like I dont like people who wear throwbacks of Brett Favre cause he was immature while he was here and forced our hand into trading him .

Drafting on defense, signing on offense (with the exception of Peterson). That seems offense oriented to me, like you said, which builds around Matt Ryan. I mean, we did sign the kid before he played in game one to the biggest rookie contract ever.

Now you are misinterpreting one's post. The team is not built in such a way that if we lose one guy we will fall apart like we did when Vick was gone.

Anybody wearing Falcon colors and cheering for the Falcons is fine with me. I don't care what number is on it or the name on the back.

If they are wearing Eagles jersey #7 - then I would treat them like I would any other Eagles fan, period.

It's not the Falcons vs. Vick. It's the Falcons vs. Eagles and I'll treat it like any other game against a very good team - I'll fret, stress, cheer, worry when the momentum swings, squeal with delight when it's on our side. I'll go from wringing my hands to jumping for joy - but I will not turn on a fellow Falcon fan for sporting a jersey of an ex-Falcon player they like even if that player is now on another team.

Now - if they say bad things about the Falcons - then it's on!

No matter how much you try to back pedal or spin the subject, you ARE justifying violence against another human being because of what they wear. Your a sorry excuse for a human being.

Instead of accusations, come up with an explanation. Empty critiques aren't very interesting.

Now you are misinterpreting one's post. The team is not built in such a way that if we lose one guy we will fall apart like we did when Vick was gone.

Ah you're right, I did misinterpret it. We are building the team AROUND Matt Ryan, but we built a team AROUND/ON Michael Vick.

Is it open season on them?

You know it's going to happen... I'm not promoting violence in any way shape or form but, doesn't that type of action deserve a reaction?

With views like that against other people, i can tell your parents did a pretty sucky job raising you with some sort of values. Or maybe you just turned out to be a Low Life dispite their efforts.

Great post.

Who among us can forget the Green Bay playoff game in the frozen tundra, or the levitation game against Carolina.

There are very few players who have done more for Atlanta than Mike Vick.

did you forget our defense in Lambeau who forced 5 turnovers and special teams who blocked a punt for a td..Vick had like 110 yards passing that game and 70 rushing ..Yet Vick gets the praise of winning that game single handly

Vick might have done alot for the city of Atlanta but he also disgraced the city unlike no other and separated the city as well .

So....if I BOOOOOO in your face I go to jail? :wacko: :wacko:

LMAO!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol: I said if you swing on me, you're going to jail :rolleyes:

With views like that against other people, i can tell your parents did a pretty sucky job raising you with some sort of values. Or maybe you just turned out to be a Low Life dispite their efforts.

Don't be mad, Nerdatron. Get to that explanation on how I am promoting violence.