Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

platinumbirdz

MADDEN 10 CUSTOM COVERS

79 posts in this topic

Here's a throwback Abe cover. Not real happy about the spatter. Had a hard time finding just the right brush.

ABETHROWBACKCOVERFINAL.png

he's a beast... nice job

that throwback abe cover is NICE, where do you find your high resolution photos of the falcons?

Tdot-

Go to the falcons Flicker.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/atlantafalcons

after clicking on a pic, you'll see a small magnifying glass with the words "all sizes" right above the picture on the left.

Click it and the next page will have the available sizes listed . Click the largest or original size which will be to the last on the list(running across from left to right.

what effects did you put on roddy if you don't mind telling?

Don't mind at all.

First let me ask if you have any of the Topaz plug-ins for photoshop?

If not I can tell you how to get the 30 day trial.

Don't mind at all.

First let me ask if you have any of the Topaz plug-ins for photoshop?

If not I can tell you how to get the 30 day trial.

no i don't...

no i don't...

This cutout was pulled from a wallpaper..and had sort of a strong contrast look. I wanted to soften it a bit and lighten it up.

First i duplicated the layer. On the top layer I applied a gaussian blur set at about 3.0.

Next, go to blending options on this layer and set the opacity to about 45 to 50 and keep the blend mode set at Normal.

Now switch to the bottom layer..and click the Image tab > Adjustments > Brightness/contrast. Increas the Brightness to about 28.

If you have a clean bright cutout to begin with you may not need to do this..or you may can use lower settings.

Now, Merge both layers using merge visible..so that you only have the one picture or layer.

Here's the Topaz stuff..Next step.

http://www.topazlabs.com/downloads/

You'll notice on the download page there are many versions of the Topaz plugins..that all do different things.

I downloaded them all. I used Topaz Clean 2 for the Roddy cutout.

Download a 30 day trail from this web page. Read the entire page once you're there to get

instructions for activating and getting the key code for the trial. Its simple, they send you an email with the code.

Once you download and go through the installation it should automatically be set up in the right folder

Open photshop, then open a picture you wish to work with. Click the filters tab and scroll to the

bottom and you will see Topaz...and then Clean2

Once you open Topaz, click on the MENU button ..located at the bottom right and enter the trial key code.

You're now ready.

In the Clean 2 plug-in, select CArtoon from the presets on the left. Then adjsut the strenght slider from 8 down to 1 or 2 (or whichever looks better depending on the picture).

This cutout was pulled from a wallpaper..and had sort of a strong contrast look. I wanted to soften it a bit and lighten it up.

First i duplicated the layer. On the top layer I applied a gaussian blur set at about 3.0.

Next, go to blending options on this layer and set the opacity to about 45 to 50 and keep the blend mode set at Normal.

Now switch to the bottom layer..and click the Image tab > Adjustments > Brightness/contrast. Increas the Brightness to about 28.

If you have a clean bright cutout to begin with you may not need to do this..or you may can use lower settings.

Now, Merge both layers using merge visible..so that you only have the one picture or layer.

Here's the Topaz stuff..Next step.

http://www.topazlabs.com/downloads/

You'll notice on the download page there are many versions of the Topaz plugins..that all do different things.

I downloaded them all. I used Topaz Clean 2 for the Roddy cutout.

Download a 30 day trail from this web page. Read the entire page once you're there to get

instructions for activating and getting the key code for the trial. Its simple, they send you an email with the code.

Once you download and go through the installation it should automatically be set up in the right folder

Open photshop, then open a picture you wish to work with. Click the filters tab and scroll to the

bottom and you will see Topaz...and then Clean2

Once you open Topaz, click on the MENU button ..located at the bottom right and enter the trial key code.

You're now ready.

In the Clean 2 plug-in, select CArtoon from the presets on the left. Then adjsut the strenght slider from 8 down to 1 or 2 (or whichever looks better depending on the picture).

thanks man i'm going to give it a try

hey defcon... just downloaded the topaz... wow its awesome thanks so much

You can do some really cool stuff to basic photos.

Double up to get a nice effect.

These are CLEAN2..with curly smooth setting at about 4.

Then go back and put DETAIL..inner detail setting on top of that.

Before

MRE1.png

After

MRE2.png

Before

denzel-washington-picture-4.jpg

After

DENZELALTERED.png

Looks like Denzel was caught in a terrible fire and had his face nearly burned off. :o

That Einstein one is sweet!

A lot of these are really sweet. I think the only flaw in a few of them is the fact that there's players' body parts covering the Madden 10 text.

A lot of these are really sweet. I think the only flaw in a few of them is the fact that there's players' body parts covering the Madden 10 text.

Not a flaw..just a preference. I like the ball behind the banner on this one just as well.

RYANCOVER2.png