Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zigg zagg

is vick a better qb than eli manning?

118 posts in this topic

its hard to imagine what could have been if he had the oline and receiving corps of brady or manning. its funny all these haters think vick is horrible when he gets nothing but respect from his peers, offensive and defensive. let the armchair gm's think they know what theyre talking about.

Man...also add coaching to it too...that **** is crucial that Brady has been with Belichick HIS WHOLE CAREER so far, not to mention Peyton Manning and Tom Moore were together for the first 10 years of his career...all the things you mentioned and this Vick never had, yet he was still able to put numbers and win games...I'm like you man...I don't understand where all the hate is coming from...

vick is definitely an example of someone who strongly polarizes people. the haters wont admit that he had problems with the situation he was put into and his fans wont admit that there was anything wrong with his game.

vick is definitely an example of someone who strongly polarizes people. the haters wont admit that he had problems with the situation he was put into and his fans wont admit that there was anything wrong with his game.

i admit he wasnt the best "typical" qb. his accuracy wasnt the best but he was a guy who if you put some decent players around him he could have led a team to a super bowl. instead he was expected to carry a team entirely on his shoulders. something no qb has ever had to do to win super bowl.

if you have a guy who isnt the most accurate but is good enough to win games, what sense does it make to surround him with scrubs at wr and a horrible offensive line. i dont understand that concept at all. it wasnt his contract either that kept big names from coming in because blank signed checks left and right. turning down randy moss was the biggest mistake blank made during the vick era. a deep threat (something we didnt have, our receivers couldnt get separation if theyre childrens lives depended on it) would have kept defenses honest. they didnt stack the box because vick couldnt pass. they stacked the box because his receivers couldnt get open and when they did they dropped the ball. yeah vick ran into sacks and sailed some passes, he could have worked a little harder, but not enough was done for him to find success.

peyton

eli

brady

montana

elway

warner

roethlisberger

you name a super bowl qb and you have a team that was stellar. whether defensively, offensively or altogether. no qb ever carried a crappy team.

No. Eli turned that franchise into a year to year winner. Even beat the Patriots in the SB. Vick had a dumb owner at the time. Vick never did anything to deserve that contract he got in the first place.

Oh Eli turned them into a year to year winner? SMH. The defense contained the greatest offensive team of all time. The Giants were not long ago in the Super Bowl. Vick sold tickets, and won games in Atlanta. Athur Blank wasn't dumb, everything was going into the right direction. Put Eli in Atlanta in 2001, and he would probably be Ryan Leaf.

Faithful Falcon likes this

Lol it's not my fault Blank decided to waste money on Vick instead of aquiring talent. It's not my fault Vick signed that deal, instead of taking less so we could sign more talent. It's not my fault the Giants had a smarter GM and Owner at the time. So if you wanna keep crying about Atlanta having no talent, blame Vick and Blank

At the time Vick signed that huge contract, people are forgetting Peyton Manning signed a huge deal to. The following season, he took a pay cut so the team could would have enough room to re-sign key players. And look at where it got them a few years later. Vick could have done the same exact thing and told Blank to aquire some talent to help out the club. But all he cared about was having the richest contract in the history of the NFL. So as I said, if you wanna cry about us having no talent, you know who to blame

i admit he wasnt the best "typical" qb. his accuracy wasnt the best but he was a guy who if you put some decent players around him he could have led a team to a super bowl. instead he was expected to carry a team entirely on his shoulders. something no qb has ever had to do to win super bowl.

if you have a guy who isnt the most accurate but is good enough to win games, what sense does it make to surround him with scrubs at wr and a horrible offensive line. i dont understand that concept at all. it wasnt his contract either that kept big names from coming in because blank signed checks left and right. turning down randy moss was the biggest mistake blank made during the vick era. a deep threat (something we didnt have, our receivers couldnt get separation if theyre childrens lives depended on it) would have kept defenses honest. they didnt stack the box because vick couldnt pass. they stacked the box because his receivers couldnt get open and when they did they dropped the ball. yeah vick ran into sacks and sailed some passes, he could have worked a little harder, but not enough was done for him to find success.

peyton

eli

brady

montana

elway

warner

roethlisberger

you name a super bowl qb and you have a team that was stellar. whether defensively, offensively or altogether. no qb ever carried a crappy team.

you can't say the FO didn't try to get Vick weapons, for instance they got Vick Roddy and Jenkins, who were Ryan's top 2 WRs. Yes, their first few years with Vick were rough, but had Vick stayed out of trouble he would have been around for when they developed.

Oh Eli turned them into a year to year winner? SMH. The defense contained the greatest offensive team of all time. The Giants were not long ago in the Super Bowl. Vick sold tickets, and won games in Atlanta. Athur Blank wasn't dumb, everything was going into the right direction. Put Eli in Atlanta in 2001, and he would probably be Ryan Leaf.

as good as the defense was without the offense the team loses that SB 14-0. Before 2007 the giants were last in the SB after the 1990 season. Eli Manning was 9.

Didnt Baltimore beat the Giants in 99

oh yeah, my bad, totally forgot about that. i guess that tells you how competitive the giants were that game. i think it was 2000 though.

Then you look at the fact that Vick never put in hard work on the practice field. Showed up when he felt like it. Didnt take practice serious until he got in trouble. Couldn't properly run the ball. You dont run palming the ball, you have to tuck it. Got injured alot. Not accurate. The only thing he had going for him was his feet. So putting those 2 side by side and looking at everything from practice to the game, Eli >>>>>>>>

Lol it was 99 or 2000. But we were just removed from it in 98 so hey. I wish I could pull up the Giants record from Eli rookie year to now. They weren't always a 10 plus game winner with him at center. But like I said, he had better management than Vick. Cant blame Eli for that

Eli has a ring. Vick does not, Simple

i always knew trent dilfer was a better quarterback than dan marino and jim kelly. thank you for verifying that.

you can't say the FO didn't try to get Vick weapons, for instance they got Vick Roddy and Jenkins, who were Ryan's top 2 WRs. Yes, their first few years with Vick were rough, but had Vick stayed out of trouble he would have been around for when they developed.

thats what im saying though. you dont give a deleloping qb developing receivers when proven ballers are begging for a chance to play in atl. i give them credit for trying with peerless but i was never sold on dude from day one. he proved his worth (or lack thereof) when he left atlanta.

there was no vet for those receivers to learn from and we all know now how horrible the coaching was. when they brought in joe horn and hue jackson it was like night and day.

thats what im saying though. you dont give a deleloping qb developing receivers when proven ballers are begging for a chance to play in atl. i give them credit for trying with peerless but i was never sold on dude from day one. he proved his worth (or lack thereof) when he left atlanta.

there was no vet for those receivers to learn from and we all know now how horrible the coaching was. when they brought in joe horn and hue jackson it was like night and day.

agreed and vick would have been right there with him. roddy, jenkins, and vick could have all developed together. vick was getting better as his last year was his best year passing. he would have continued to get better, along with 84 and 12, had he stayed out of trouble. now that he has been away for two years, who knows?

Why do all of the vick supporters continually make excuses for him? It was always if, if, if! Coulda, shouda! The only advantage vick had over Eli Manning or Matt Ryan is that he could run faster. So can Chris Houston but no one tries to make him a QB!

If he was so great a QB, teams would sign him, even with the protests!

Why do all of the vick supporters continually make excuses for him? It was always if, if, if! Coulda, shouda! The only advantage vick had over Eli Manning or Matt Ryan is that he could run faster. So can Chris Houston but no one tries to make him a QB!

If he was so great a QB, teams would sign him, even with the protests!

of course you know better than steve young, herm edwards, ron jaworski, troy aikman, tom brady, peyton manning, carson palmer etc......

all people who say vick is a good qb.

anyone with a brain can see vick wasnt used properly and wasnt in an environment to succeed.

get over it.

of course you know better than steve young, herm edwards, ron jaworski, troy aikman, tom brady, peyton manning, carson palmer etc......

all people who say vick is a good qb.

anyone with a brain can see vick wasnt used properly and wasnt in an environment to succeed.

get over it.

It is doubtful that vick will play in the NFL again. He gets older every day. Get over it.

If Vick was half as good as you make him out to be, he would of been picked up right now.

He was not even an average QB. Vick was a victim of his own God given talent speed.

He never really had to learn get rid of the ball, because he always felt he could take it to the yard.

If Vick was half as good as you make him out to be, he would of been picked up right now.

He was not even an average QB. Vick was a victim of his own God given talent speed.

He never really had to learn get rid of the ball, because he always felt he could take it to the yard.

once again. ill take the word of proven nfl qbs and coaches that say youre wrong (without actually having to say it). they let you proclaim it by making posts like this.

wrong.

if vick just did 2 years for tax evasion, there would be a line of teams begging for his services. it isnt his athletic ability holding him back. its the worry of backlash by bedwetters and racists.

It is doubtful that vick will play in the NFL again. He gets older every day. Get over it.

:lol:

its funny how your bold proclamation that "vick will never play in the nfl again" has been downgraded to doubtful he will ever play again. you should get a corny color coding system like the department of homeland security.

was it eli that turned them into a year to year winner? and what is a year to year winner?

theres no comparison to the teams vick and eli played on. manning has always had a far superior cast than vick ever had to work with from coaches to players to front office.

:lol::lol: Typical it was everyone's fault that Vick had problems never is vick's fault. Them darn dogs if that had just done good none of this would have happened.

Mr. Thug Life. I know that you are one of the biggest Vick supporters on the site so I understand how you feel. Although no one acknowledges it, Vick actually had talent in Dez White and Peerless Price. They may not be the best names in history but they were actually decent. Vick ruined what he had with his feet. I remember plays where WR were wide open and he decides to run. The ball gets snapped and the O-line shift right, this moron runs left. When he finally decided to throw the ball, it was either over thrown, under thrown, to high, to far out etc... I dont blame some of the drops that were made. They were probably still in shock that he actually threw the ball. That's just my opinion from what I viewed all those dreadful years. Even when we went to the NFC championship game it was horrible. The first snap he took, he's turning circles with his hands on the ground.

YEA what he said. :lol::lol: You tell em Junior.