Matt Ryan is average

the stupidity that goes on in that forum is mind boggling . ..Id take Ryan anyday over Brees and his inflated stats. Go ahead Brees and be the next Dan Marino who will never win a Super Bowl especially on that losing franchise. In 8 years in the league how many playoff wins does Brees have ...1 :lol:

It eats me up and it shouldn't.they are either jelous or fearful.maybe both but come on.Ryan deserves more respect than that.guess we will have to show them when they come to town and in front of the world on MNF how explosive Mularkeys offense will prove to be...%$#& the saints!!!!!!

Mattt Ryan being an average Quarterback isn't even the worst part of the thread. When someone said that Roddy White is nothing more than a #3 Reciever, that had to take the cake. Also, they act like we are the only ones playing a tough schedule, when they do to.

RIght now, WHite isn't a receiver at all> He's a holdout.

Mattt Ryan being an average Quarterback isn't even the worst part of the thread. When someone said that Roddy White is nothing more than a #3 Reciever, that had to take the cake. Also, they act like we are the only ones playing a tough schedule, when they do to.

to be fair about 5 people jumped on that guy saying he was crazy...i dont think anyone thinks that is true...

It drives me nuts when people use general defensive stats and schedule difficulties to prove a player, not a team, is bad. That is DUMB. You can look at tlal the individual stats and see that Ryans are better than Flacco, but that's not why he is. Joe Flacco's offense was a lot more conservative than Ryan's: the coaches gave the playbook to Ryan and he completely MASTERED it. Given both teams are run-first offenses, the Ravens were more set up to successfully do so because they had the defense to keep the team running the ball. We ran the ball a lot but we had to put the game on Matt Ryan's shoulders in order to win the game (obvious example, the Bears, duh!) and how many times could Flacco do that? Matt Ryan had more talent to work with? Ryan was one of only 5 changes on the offense along with Sam Baker (who didn't play every game), Ben Hartsock (who?), Harvey Dahl (again, who?), and Michael Turner (all signs should have pointed to... who?), and the team before was completely AWFUL. Without Matt Ryan's play, we probably would have been another 4-12 team. Although Ryan didn't make Turner good, he definately made the offensive line better in the same ways that the Tom Bradys and the Peyton Mannings do - his pocket presense was amazing and he had the awareness to find open receivers quickly - that's more on the QB than the line or the receivers.

I could keep going, I'm tired of typing already. But simply put, watch the two QBs play. Flacco is good, but the Ravens didn't need his play to be successful, and they didn't lean on him to win games. Matt Ryan's play was simply special, and it's something you could see from his first NFL pass, which again, was a perfect throw for a 62 yard TD on a post route. Don't let the fact that it was against the Lions fool you - it was a perfect throw. Heck, Flacco's first pass was a turnover - check-down to Todd Heap that was fumbled and recovered by the Bengals.

Flacco's good, Ryan's special. Nuff said.