Well this is about as racist as it gets...

Duff_Man

I am on the "we should be able to make fun of each other" side of things, because funny is funny, even when stereotypes are involved (our differences are funny no matter how you slice it as long as you are doing it in good humor). I think this is funny, but I am wondering if there will be any outrage over this. Thoughts? And was this posted before?

Edit: I think the thread was poorly titled and mis-leading.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

pretty safe to say this thread failed something serious

I'm just trying to get a convo going about it. I thought it was funny and sent a message. I do think it pushes an envelope and sparks a good discussion.

And personally, I think it's right on with its message about rap/hip-hop in general, as the product has been on the decline since the 1990's. But, is it more of an idictment of them appealing to white people, or is it that they are catering to the masses instead of doing true underground stuff. I mean at this point, you'd have to look at a lot of acts and say that they'r doing exactly what Hammer did. Even 3rd Bass called Hammer out for ****s sake.

I'm just trying to get a convo going about it. I thought it was funny and sent a message. I do think it pushes an envelope and sparks a good discussion.

And personally, I think it's right on with its message about rap/hip-hop in general, as the product has been on the decline since the 1990's. But, is it more of an idictment of them appealing to white people, or is it that they are catering to the masses instead of doing true underground stuff. I mean at this point, you'd have to look at a lot of acts and say that they'r doing exactly what Hammer did. Even 3rd Bass called Hammer out for ****s sake.

whos 3rd Bass?

I am on the "we should be able to make fun of each other" side of things, because funny is funny, even when stereotypes are involved (our differences are funny no matter how you slice it as long as you are doing it in good humor). I think this is funny, but I am wondering if there will be any outrage over this. Thoughts? And was this posted before?

Edit: I think the thread was poorly titled and mis-leading.

I don't see much of a problem. That was better than 99% of the hip hop that's out there now.

What if Eminem did it?

Then he probably would cease to exist I would assume...The message was to the puppets perpetrating as hip hop artist who are doing everything Execs and A&Rs feel are good for profit instead of good for the culture.

Holy cow...how young ARE you? Gas Face? Steppin' to the A.M.? Nas did a song with MC Serch!

3rdbass.jpg

Probably a little too young. I met Serch around 2000. He brought an artist named Cali (sp) down to ATL to record. He and Tsele were managing him. Cali was the first male ever signed to Arista by Clive Davis. This was before JRecords. They spent two days at my crib working on a song. The song was cool. Drew Dixon who was Clive's right hand woman at the time loved it but Clive didn't. Cali never came out either. Oh well all this to say we had a ball those two days. Serch is a freakin comedian. We played a lot of basketball in the backyard and just had a blast. Fun times my man.

What if Eminem did it?

Depends on the messege. Not too long ago a messege very similar was done by a white guy who was protesting the fact that the film industry was allowing people to play ethnic roles who were not of that ethnicity. He was in black face to show the relevence. NAACP applauded him for it.