Dorsey too fat to practice.

TonaBWE

:lol:

Dorsey is too fat to practice

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 4, 2009 5:54 PM ET

Glenn Dorsey was a favorite of the draft graders.

When the Chiefs choose him fifth overall in 2008, the reviews were unanimous; The Chiefs got a great bargain in the LSU defensive tackle.

Little more than a year later, Dorsey seems far from a sure thing.

As Evan Silva pointed out in today's one-liners, Dorsey has essentially been deemed too fat to practice. (As opposed to too fat to fish.)

Five days after failing a conditioning test, Dorsey continues to try to get slim while his teammates practice football.

Kent Babb of the Kansas City Star wondered if the Chiefs are trying to prove a point:

"He's spending time on sprints and the stationary bike, but I can't help but think that some of the exercises he's doing aren't more for continued humiliation of the one player who can't seem to get in shape," Babb wrote.

It's not like Dorsey showed his talent as a rookie, but let things slide this offseason.

He did very little last season. Jason Whitlock broke out the B word by midseason, although there were legitimate questions later regarding how Dorsey was utilized.

Those excuses won't hold up if Dorsey fails to impress another coaching staff. Dorsey barely practiced this offseason because of a shin injury before showing up heavy to camp.

Dorsey is one of the young players the Chiefs should build around, but he risks getting left behind.

Complicating matters is that Dorsey must learn a new scheme. Expected to be a penetrating tackle in a 4-3 defense, he will now be asked to occupy blockers in a 3-4.

At this rate, Dorsey could wind up being a very round and expensive peg that doesn't fit into any of Kansas City's holes.

The New Coach doesnt put up with Nothing- a nice way to put it!

TD is Good Friends with the KC President/GM,

We can only hope they get a Deal done for the DT first!

I could image Grady Jackson in KC being on a bike over there too,

But whats the point!

The fact is,

he makes A ton of Money and the Coaches know he doesnt fit in their 3-4 System

Im starting to hear the word "Bust" with this one.

What amazes me is how little he seems to care. I mean, I'm not Glenn and I'm not there in KC with him, but surely he understood that he needed to stand out this year or at least give the appearance that even if he's not fit for the 3-4 Defense he'd be a valuable asset to a team running a 4-3. Instead he shows up in camp as a blimp and shows no sign of changing that situation as of yet. What more motivation could the man possibly require? It'll be truly sad if he does "bust" due to personal apathy instead of some skill-based intangible.

What amazes me is how little he seems to care. I mean, I'm not Glenn and I'm not there in KC with him, but surely he understood that he needed to stand out this year or at least give the appearance that even if he's not fit for the 3-4 Defense he'd be a valuable asset to a team running a 4-3. Instead he shows up in camp as a blimp and shows no sign of changing that situation as of yet. What more motivation could the man possibly require? It'll be truly sad if he does "bust" due to personal apathy instead of some skill-based intangible.

Man, I bet you could put Dorsey in JaMarcus Russell's uni and vice versa and nobody would really know. Oh, well, that's what those giant signing bonuses given to rookies will get you (sometimes).

I absolutely knew Jake Long was a better pick than Glenn Dorsey. I did a scouting report of my own of the two from watching their games and posted in the NFL Draft and Free Agency section before the draft. Jake Long was dominant. Glenn Dorsey was not.

Of course none of that matters now that we have Matt Ryan.

I absolutely knew Jake Long was a better pick than Glenn Dorsey. I did a scouting report of my own of the two from watching their games and posted in the NFL Draft and Free Agency section before the draft. Jake Long was dominant. Glenn Dorsey was not.

Of course none of that matters now that we have Matt Ryan.

dorsey all but dissapeared in the games against big SEC opponents, he racked up stats vs the Miss States and Vandy's.