Plaxico Burress

Joremarid

I heard on the radio this morning that Plax was indicted and that he is facing a minimum of 3 1/2 years in prison if convicted. What do you guys think of a potential sentence like that, especially compared to what Vick got?

I thought Vick was punished too severly and to me it seems like this is even more severe.

I agree that a law for unlicensed/concealed weapons is needed - but I don't think it should be so cut & dry as what NY has.

It's obvious Plax isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, but I don't think anyone really thinks he was out to hurt anyone with the gun - but rather protect himself (and let's face it - pro athletes can be targets).

As for the 3 1/2 year sentence - way too much. Should he do time? Perhaps as a wake up call for 'what could've been' - but 3 1/2 years for this situation? No - too much.

just right, that law carrys that penalty no matter what if its broken. NY has strict gun laws plus dont give me that pro athlete target crap! HE CAN AFFORD SECURITY or atleast to pay a dumbasss friend to carry the pistol. he wasnt responsible enough to carry a gun

That's a very fair point...

I agree that a law for unlicensed/concealed weapons is needed - but I don't think it should be so cut & dry as what NY has.

It's obvious Plax isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, but I don't think anyone really thinks he was out to hurt anyone with the gun - but rather protect himself (and let's face it - pro athletes can be targets).

As for the 3 1/2 year sentence - way too much. Should he do time? Perhaps as a wake up call for 'what could've been' - but 3 1/2 years for this situation? No - too much.

I agree

It's extremely excessive and the DA is clearly intent on making an example of him. From what I've read it's not uncommon to plead these down even though it carries a minimum sentence. A year would be pretty tough on a plea deal but the best the DA will offer is 2. Plus I wonder about them trying to get Antonio Pierce in this.. Fortunately the grand jury had more sense than the DA.

I don't think he has a criminal record, and if that is true he should be offered a generous plea deal. This is a prosecutor who likes his name in the paper, and it was made worse by the mayor coming out and making comments about not pleading it out when normally he wouldn't comment on a typical simple possession charge. Headlines has gotten in the way of prosecutorial discretion. Frankly if they don't make a fair offer and this goes to trial I hope they get a ringer on the jury.

i think they have a decent chance of getting a better deal if you take into account comments made by the prosecutor and the mayor.

i think this is disgusting. same thing with the gates case. i dont think it had anything to do with race, it was about some prick with a badge exerting his power over someone else.

the world is not better off with plax in prison. give him 6 months house arrest (which is still way too **** much) and lets move on.

I heard on the radio this morning that Plax was indicted and that he is facing a minimum of 3 1/2 years in prison if convicted. What do you guys think of a potential sentence like that, especially compared to what Vick got?

I thought Vick was punished too severly and to me it seems like this is even more severe.

I think the Plax situation is waaaay more serious then we were lead to believe. I bit on the whole accidental discharge thing hook line and sinker, but now it looks like something totally different went on in that night club.

As far as comparing it to the Vick thing, you can't. Totally differnt crimes, different states, agencies, politics and so forth. You will make yourself crazy trying to make sense out of it.