North Korea: 2 US journalists pardoned

BravoFalco

SEOUL, South Korea – North Korean leader Kim Jong Il has issued a "special pardon" to two American journalists convicted of sneaking into the country illegally, and he ordered them released during a visit by former U.S. President Bill Clinton, North Korean media reported Tuesday.

The release of Laura Ling and Euna Lee was a sign of North Korea's "humanitarian and peaceloving policy," the Korean Central News Agency reported.

Clinton, who arrived in North Korea earlier in the day on an unannounced visit, met with the reclusive and ailing Kim — his first meeting with a prominent Western figure since his reported stroke nearly a year ago.

North Korea accused Ling, 32, and Lee, 36, of sneaking into the country illegally in March and engaging in "hostile acts," and the nation's top court sentenced them in June to 12 years of hard labor.

What do you think Clinton told Kim?

I'll give you women for the two Americans

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — North Korea's official news agency says leader Kim Jong Il has pardoned two American journalists and ordered their release.

The official Korean Central News Agency said early Wednesday from Pyongyang that the order was issued following a request from former President Bill Clinton.

Clinton flew to the North Korean capital on Tuesday on a mission to negotiate the release of Laura Ling and Euna Lee, reporters for former Vice President Al Gore's Current TV media venture.

Good job slick willy. I wonder what they had to do on the plane ride back home. Kowtowing to Kim Jung il is old hat for Billy. He allowed them Nukes back in the day so Hells Bells, of course they will free to American chicks for him.

Here's the interesting part. Whats the sec. of state Hillary thinking abt this? Isn't it her job? She's got to be outraged to the hilt. I would love to see the fight when Billy gets home, and don't think Hillary won't ask him if he Slept with them. :D:lol:

The media will never broach this subject. Hillarys worst mistake since aiding Bill was taking this Sec. job from Obama. She is more then been erased.

Predictable snak BS.

Good job slick willy. I wonder what they had to do on the plane ride back home. Kowtowing to Kim Jung il is old hat for Billy. He allowed them Nukes back in the day...

took you three sentences to get to a laughably false claim. i suppose that's progress.

north korea had shut down it's main nuclear reactor in yongbyon in exchange for fuel oil and light-water reactors around 1994, and kept it shutdown until 2002. so north korea's nuclear program had halted during clinton's term and only resumed after bush took office.

if you want to point fingers, point them at your boy W.

Dom, u can't dispute a word I said, but u sure can run a wide circle around the subject matter. You've become very adept at side stepping liberal hanky panky.

Maybe I should have just said that you are a nasty pervert who always has to project your lewd misogynistic tendencies onto others.