vick to greenbay?

crankdatfalcon

GM Thompson won't rule out Vick Comment Email Print Share Associated Press

Yasinskas: Cross Out Carolina

The man who ultimately makes the calls in Carolina is owner Jerry Richardson, and Pat Yasinskas explains why the boss has no interest in signing Michael Vick. Blog

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Green Bay Packers general manager Ted Thompson isn't ruling out potential interest in Michael Vick.

Asked Tuesday about the possibility of signing Vick, Thompson said the team looks "at all options at all times" but didn't want to speculate about the odds of the team actually pursuing him.

"We look at everything," Thompson said.

Thompson typically is coy about the team's plans, so it wasn't immediately clear whether his comments indicated sincere interest in Vick.

Vick has been conditionally reinstated in the NFL after completing a 23-month federal sentence for running a dogfighting ring. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has said Vick can sign with a team and begin playing by week six of the NFL season.

More than two dozen NFL teams have said they're not interested in signing the 29-year-old Vick. The others have declined comment or taken a stance like that of the Packers.

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

man he is not going to Green Bay it is looking like nobody going to pick up Vick. These GM keep playing these same games.

I agree. I mean why would they have let Brett Favre go to stop the QB controversy between him an Aaron Rodgers, only to bring in Michael Vick and create even more controversy, and probably upset their fan base and cause a major distraction. It makes no sense, I would be shocked if Vick plays in the NFL this season.

I agree. I mean why would they have let Brett Favre go to stop the QB controversy between him an Aaron Rodgers, only to bring in Michael Vick and create even more controversy, and probably upset their fan base and cause a major distraction. It makes no sense, I would be shocked if Vick plays in the NFL this season.

Yep, that about sums it up.

man he is not going to Green Bay it is looking like nobody going to pick up Vick. These GM keep playing these same games.

If no team gives Vick an offer, I seriously wonder if he would try to sue for collusion. The man is desperate for money, and all of his bankruptcy dealings were predicated on him earning a good amount in the NFL. I don't think the UFL will or can pay as much, although that would be better than nothing. But if none of the 32 teams even gives him a sniff, I can see an attorney crying collusion.

Just a thought. -_-