Is YKW a Holdout again today?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He will be a holdout until he is either denied a new contract or he gets what he wants. It's a process.

Just remember...it is not his choice. His agent is calling the shots and he seems to think its better if Roddy doesn't risk himself until a new Contract is made up. It is a stupid call but Roddy can't exactly tell his agent to **** off.

He will be a holdout until he is either denied a new contract or he gets what he wants. It's a process.

Just remember...it is not his choice. His agent is calling the shots and he seems to think its better if Roddy doesn't risk himself until a new Contract is made up. It is a stupid call but Roddy can't exactly tell his agent to **** off.

:huh:

Why can't he? If I'm putting money in your pocket, I can tell you whatever the **** I want...Roddy could simply tell him to continue working on his new contract while he goes and practices with his teammates, but he hasn't.

:huh:

Why can't he? If I'm putting money in your pocket, I can tell you whatever the **** I want...Roddy could simply tell him to continue working on his new contract while he goes and practices with his teammates, but he hasn't.

while it's cool to think of the true warriors left in this sport that play their heart, and probably their future physical health, away w/ little to no compensation(Todd Weiner) a lot of the new age players use this game as a business, and there is justification for why they should use it as such. it's not good business to hire an agent to help structure your business moves, then disagree with him without a valid argument from Roddy. right now, i don't see what valid argument, from a business aspect, Roddy would have by telling his agent to **** off and practice.

Ha yeah right. If your someone's agent you look out for them and try to make the best decision, but ultimately the final decision is up to them. You think his agent is in control of when he can play or not? No, Roddy pays him to work deals out, but he can fire him or go to camp any time he wants too.

while it's cool to think of the true warriors left in this sport that play their heart, and probably their future physical health, away w/ little to no compensation(Todd Weiner) a lot of the new age players use this game as a business, and there is justification for why they should use it as such. it's not good business to hire an agent to help structure your business moves, then disagree with him without a valid argument from Roddy. right now, i don't see what valid argument, from a business aspect, Roddy would have by telling his agent to **** off and practice.

It's bad business to get fined $15,888 each day you're out too...<_<

He has all the control in this situation...I'm not saying he should fire his agent, but he can definately tell him that he'd think it would be best if he goes and practices with his team and at least get an idea of which direction the coaches want the team to go in this year.

He has all the control in this situation...I'm not saying he should fire his agent, but he can definately tell him that he'd think it would be best if he goes and practices with his team and at least get an idea of which direction the coaches want the team to go in this year.

when you make millions, and you stand to make even more with a contract extension, it's not only good business to get fined 15,888 each day you're out NEGOTIATING YOUR CONTRACT AND WORKING OUT, the reward far outweighs the risk.

when you make millions, and you stand to make even more with a contract extension, it's not only good business to get fined 15,888 each day you're out NEGOTIATING YOUR CONTRACT AND WORKING OUT, the reward far outweighs the risk.

Yea, if we agree to his terms...that's a huge "IF" my friend...the Falcons have the leverage here...

Our FO has shown that they're not about overpaying players. I want Roddy here, but I'll completely understand if they choose to wait until the year is over and see what deals other teams are willing to offer...the Falcons reward also outweighs the risk here.

you do realize that if he nets an extra mil from the holdout (either in guarantees or over the life of the contract), that blows away that 16k per day fine, right?

10 day = 160k. that's nothing compared to the amounts of money on the negotiating table. if he signs for 2 yrs and 16 mil, that's 1 percent. 4yrs, 32 mil, we're down to 0.25%

the fine is inconsequential in these dealings, trust. if he holds out for two months and the fine ends up around a mil (and he nets > 1 mil from bargaining) its still a plus for him. and if he goes that long (not saying he will) and LOSES a mil (by falcons standing pat on their initial offer from day one, so all the fine is net negative from where he started bargaining), its *still* financially worth it because he swung for the fence.

par for roddy is somewhere between 7.5m and 9m (market value for a top tier receiver). we don't know where the falcons started out in terms of negotiating. if they offered anything less than 7.5 his people are gonna respond "roddy is better than greg jennings". and if roddy an nem go for anything in the 9 to 10m range, the birds are gonna respond "roddy isn't as good as fitz".

i know its frustrating, but this has to run its course.

you do realize that if he nets an extra mil from the holdout (either in guarantees or over the life of the contract), that blows away that 16k per day fine, right?

10 day = 160k. that's nothing compared to the amounts of money on the negotiating table. if he signs for 2 yrs and 16 mil, that's 1 percent. 4yrs, 32 mil, we're down to 0.25%

the fine is inconsequential in these dealings, trust. if he holds out for two months and the fine ends up around a mil (and he nets > 1 mil from bargaining) its still a plus for him. and if he goes that long (not saying he will) and LOSES a mil (by falcons standing pat on their initial offer from day one, so all the fine is net negative from where he started bargaining), its *still* financially worth it because he swung for the fence.

par for roddy is somewhere between 7.5m and 9m (market value for a top tier receiver). we don't know where the falcons started out in terms of negotiating. if they offered anything less than 7.5 his people are gonna respond "roddy is better than greg jennings". and if roddy an nem go for anything in the 9 to 10m range, the birds are gonna respond "roddy isn't as good as fitz".

i know its frustrating, but this has to run its course.

RIght now White is better than noone. He's a holdout.

Right, Until the next time he decides he doesn't like the terms of the deal he signed and decides to throw another wobbler.

well too bad I guess you will have to cry some more then too.... Remember being a fan is an option. The team wants him and they are going to sign him long term no matter how much you don't like it .. :D

well too bad I guess you will have to cry some more then too.... Remember being a fan is an option. The team wants him and they are going to sign him long term no matter how much you don't like it .. :D

Being a player and adult and reporting to training camp is an option to.

I have no objection to a new contract or an extension. I object to his tantrum.

you mean his agent's tantrum. his agent is the one telling him not to report. gotta listen to the agent if you want a new deal and want to get your contract extended.

You can object and post on every Roddy thread until you are blue in the face, but at the end of the day he will be our #1 receiver, be in camp soon, and have a new deal.

So why throw a tantrum about his tantrum.

So when you hire a lawyer, do you consider them just your employee? When a lawyer tells you to do something in a certain situation do you say "screw you, I only pay you to handle my business" and go about doing whatever you want?

An agent is not just some employee for professional athletes. They don't come around the house and clean it up from time to time... they handle the legal documents which bind a billion dollar organization to paying their client hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of dollars. There is a very legal course within the NFL... it's not just "oh here sign this paper and go play football."

Roddy is trying to get a new contract and his agent believes there is no incentive in that pursuit for him to be out on the field putting his health on the line. It's completely understandable. If Roddy gets injured during practice, his deal goes down the toilet.

He'll get his money and he'll be back on the field soon. Relax.

Under no circumstances should you give back 15,888 per day....that's dumb!!! :wacko:

You can object and post on every Roddy thread until you are blue in the face, but at the end of the day he will be our #1 receiver, be in camp soon, and have a new deal.

So why throw a tantrum about his tantrum.

You don't know what TD will do...this is not the old regime....I only wish Roddy and his agent were as sure as you are because there would be NO REASON to not be in camp... <_<

So when you hire a lawyer, do you consider them just your employee? When a lawyer tells you to do something in a certain situation do you say "screw you, I only pay you to handle my business" and go about doing whatever you want?

An agent is not just some employee for professional athletes. They don't come around the house and clean it up from time to time... they handle the legal documents which bind a billion dollar organization to paying their client hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of dollars. There is a very legal course within the NFL... it's not just "oh here sign this paper and go play football."

Roddy is trying to get a new contract and his agent believes there is no incentive in that pursuit for him to be out on the field putting his health on the line. It's completely understandable. If Roddy gets injured during practice, his deal goes down the toilet.

He'll get his money and he'll be back on the field soon. Relax.

When your lawyer says don't do it...it's to keep you from going to JAIL... <_<

You don't know what TD will do...this is not the old regime....I only wish Roddy and his agent were as sure as you are because there would be NO REASON to not be in camp... <_<

Ahh .. ok I'm just going by what TD has said about Roddy, or did you miss the last interview where he clearly states that they were close on a deal and just working out the details....... and your statement about being in camp makes no sense, since it would give up the falcons only incentive to get this done quickly.

so nice try