Jeff Luc and Deon Rogers update.. Gator, Dawg, and FSU fans..

SacFalcFan

Understand this is by warchant, but it's the latest on jeff luc and deon rogers.

Florida State is hoping to pull off a major steal from Mark Richt and his Georgia team. Three-star linebacker Deon Rogers is already committed to the Bulldogs. His Treasure Coast high school teammate is five-star linebacker Jeff Luc, the No. 1 inside linebacker in the nation. And it appears that where Rogers goes, Luc may be there to follow.

"I'm a big influence on wherever he goes. Anywhere he goes, I go," said Rogers. "Hopefully God bless us, we'll both go to the same college."

But that college is not necessarily Georgia. Both Luc and Rogers spent a day with the Florida State coaching staff at Showtime Camp a couple weeks ago and both left with a new found respect for the Garnet and Gold.

"I had a lot of experience," said Rogers. "I liked the coaches, they were coaching us up well, everything was nice. I like the coaches, I like the campus; everything. It's close to home. I like a lot about it."

But Rogers also likes Georgia which is why he committed there in the first place. And at least for now, that commitment is firm.

"I committed to Georgia, but I'm open to anywhere," he said. "I guess we'll know on signing day."

Linebackers coach Chuck Amato is trying to convince Rogers to change his mind. He will have his work cut out for him and is off to a good start.

"He is a nice, nice man," said Rogers. "He was coaching me and Jeff at Showtime camp. He's real intelligent. I like him a lot."

Luc, the Rivals100 member, would play inside (Mike) linebacker while Rogers would likely line up at weak-side (Will) linebacker.

"Right now, me and him are planning to go to college together," he said. "That would be a real important thing. I think we'll take three visits."

Rogers says the two will take official visits to Georgia, Florida State, and Ohio State. The other two are up in the air. As for offers, the 6-foot-3, 197-pounder says he is up to about dozen with the most recent ones coming from FSU and Ohio State.

So the three-star linebacker says he loved his visit to Florida State. But what would it take for the 'Noles or any other team to make him change his commitment?

"They would have to work hard, show me something that Georgia didn't show me," said Rogers. "Everything has to feel perfect, 100 percent. Everything that day needs to be real good."

"I committed to Georgia, but I'm open to anywhere," he said. "I guess we'll know on signing day."

<_<

I hope UGA doesn't find itself in another Dwayne Allen situation. If they start getting a real feeling that he'll switch elsewhere, cut him loose and find someone else to fill his spot before it's too late.

<_<

I hope UGA doesn't find itself in another Dwayne Allen situation. If they start getting a real feeling that he'll switch elsewhere, cut him loose and find someone else to fill his spot before it's too late.

my prediction right now from all i have read from deon is he will NOT be a dawg.

Why would these two kids want to throw away their football careers by going to FSU? I understand that Greg Reid was scared of the competition in the SEC, that is why he didn't come to UGA, but I would expect better, at least from Luc than to pansy out like this and run off to Free Shoes U.

Even Marcus Lattimore saw the light, ""I didn't really get a good vibe with the current players at Florida State. It's a great place though. I really like the coaches. I also didn't want to put my future in jeopardy with them on probation." See, that kid has his head on straight, at least as far as FSU is concerned. It baffles me why any major college recruit would want to go there, unless they had ties already, like a parent.

From what I know of this siuation this kid is saying things about Luc that he shouldn't be. Jeff is a strong UF lean right now and that comes from players and coaches that talked to him at the Top Gun camp last week. Some went as far as to say that he may end it sooner than later. I think Deon might be trying to make a name and get more attention off of what Jeff has done to be honest. If so I don't think you guys would want or need that in Athens.

<_<

Of course we never know what's being said directlt between the coaches and recruits. He could just be giving the folks at Warchant something to run with. But I've heard almost those exact words used many times, and the majority of the time it comes before a decommitment. This is the downside to a bunch of early public commitments. Sometimes all it does is make you a target.

Of course we never know what's being said directlt between the coaches and recruits. He could just be giving the folks at Warchant something to run with. But I've heard almost those exact words used many times, and the majority of the time it comes before a decommitment. This is the downside to a bunch of early public commitments. Sometimes all it does is make you a target.

If he wants to decommit, that is his mistake to make. We will gladly fill his spot with Fortt. :)

Unless Deon is going to UF, I highly doubt that he and Luc are playing their college ball together. He should be smart and stick with us. Especially since his other choices are FSU and 0hi0 St.

Jeff Luc Update:

The race is on for the signature of Treasure Coast linebacker Jeff Luc after the five-star performer narrowed his list of schools to nine.

In an exclusive interview with UGASports, Luc confirmed that he has indeed cut his list of schools (in no particular order) to Florida, Florida State, Miami, Georgia, Tennessee, LSU, Alabama, Southern Cal and Ohio State.

"I just wanted to get to get it nailed down," Luc said. "I'm going to graduate early, so I wanted to start getting a handle on things."

As far as a favorite, Luc isn't saying.

"I pretty much like all the same things about each one of them," said Luc, who has over 50 offers. "We'll just have to see."

According to Luc, he's still in the process of deciding which schools he will take official visits to this fall. However, according to assistant coach Aaron Sheppard, Georgia will apparently be one of his destinations.

Sheppard said he believes that Luc will come to Georgia on an official visit along with teammate Deon Rogers, who committed to the Bulldogs two months ago.

Luc, along with 13 of his Treasure Coast teammates, attended camp at Georgia back in late May. Monday, Rogers told Warchant.com that he and Luc would likely attend the same school. Luc, however, said nothing is set in stone.

"It's not like its guaranteed or anything. I really can't explain it," Luc said. "We've definitely talked about it, but right now we're not too sure yet. We've still got to see."

Luc said he will take his five official visits before he makes his final decision.

"I'm just taking it slow," he said.

As for Georgia, Luc likes what he sees with the Bulldogs.

"I like the coaching staff a lot and it was cool hanging out with the players," said Luc, who dispelled the notion that he wants to play his college football in a large city.

"I like Athens a lot," he said. "It's a real nice place."

**** what this says to me is they have talked about playing together, but i doubt luc follows deon anywhere. also luc cuts his teams down to 9.

Jeff Luc Update:

The race is on for the signature of Treasure Coast linebacker Jeff Luc after the five-star performer narrowed his list of schools to nine.

In an exclusive interview with UGASports, Luc confirmed that he has indeed cut his list of schools (in no particular order) to Florida, Florida State, Miami, Georgia, Tennessee, LSU, Alabama, Southern Cal and Ohio State.

"I just wanted to get to get it nailed down," Luc said. "I'm going to graduate early, so I wanted to start getting a handle on things."

As far as a favorite, Luc isn't saying.

"I pretty much like all the same things about each one of them," said Luc, who has over 50 offers. "We'll just have to see."

According to Luc, he's still in the process of deciding which schools he will take official visits to this fall. However, according to assistant coach Aaron Sheppard, Georgia will apparently be one of his destinations.

Sheppard said he believes that Luc will come to Georgia on an official visit along with teammate Deon Rogers, who committed to the Bulldogs two months ago.

Luc, along with 13 of his Treasure Coast teammates, attended camp at Georgia back in late May. Monday, Rogers told Warchant.com that he and Luc would likely attend the same school. Luc, however, said nothing is set in stone.

"It's not like its guaranteed or anything. I really can't explain it," Luc said. "We've definitely talked about it, but right now we're not too sure yet. We've still got to see."

Luc said he will take his five official visits before he makes his final decision.

"I'm just taking it slow," he said.

As for Georgia, Luc likes what he sees with the Bulldogs.

"I like the coaching staff a lot and it was cool hanging out with the players," said Luc, who dispelled the notion that he wants to play his college football in a large city.

"I like Athens a lot," he said. "It's a real nice place."

**** what this says to me is they have talked about playing together, but i doubt luc follows deon anywhere. also luc cuts his teams down to 9.

I think they probably have the same sort of agreement as Morant and Fulton. They would like to play together, but they are going to go where they like it and feel comfortable, if that can be the same school, awesome. They will put some effort into going to the same place, but if it doesn't happen, then that is too bad.

I think they probably have the same sort of agreement as Morant and Fulton. They would like to play together, but they are going to go where they like it and feel comfortable, if that can be the same school, awesome. They will put some effort into going to the same place, but if it doesn't happen, then that is too bad.

completely agree.. if morant had chosen bama IMO both would be at bama, but since morant picked uga then they will go to separate schools.. fulton just doesn't like uga enough.. which is fine every player has a school they want to be at and uga just isn't the school for fulton.

Why would these two kids want to throw away their football careers by going to FSU? I understand that Greg Reid was scared of the competition in the SEC, that is why he didn't come to UGA, but I would expect better, at least from Luc than to pansy out like this and run off to Free Shoes U.

Even Marcus Lattimore saw the light, ""I didn't really get a good vibe with the current players at Florida State. It's a great place though. I really like the coaches. I also didn't want to put my future in jeopardy with them on probation." See, that kid has his head on straight, at least as far as FSU is concerned. It baffles me why any major college recruit would want to go there, unless they had ties already, like a parent.

calm down. the kids are only 18. just bc they may or may not want to go to your school doesnt make them a pansy. let them do whats best for them.

calm down. the kids are only 18. just bc they may or may not want to go to your school doesnt make them a pansy. let them do whats best for them.

lol, I really don't know why they would want to do that when they both have offers from far superior schools. However, in that post I was mostly just trash talking FSU, and Greg Reid a little. I really do think he was running from competition. Just kidding about Luc though, he is going to UF anyway.

lol, I really don't know why they would want to do that when they both have offers from far superior schools. However, in that post I was mostly just trash talking FSU, and Greg Reid a little. I really do think he was running from competition. Just kidding about Luc though, he is going to UF anyway.

greg reid was afraid of competition and he used that excuse for uga even though he was not getting into Georgia so it wouldn't have mattered if he picked us anyways.. the gang fight he was in would have stopped him from getting into uga, but not fsu..