Quick Question

michiganfalcon

1. Between the 2 who do you think had more potential?

2. Between the 2 who has more pure abilty?

3. Between the 2 who will win a SB first?

My answers:

1. Michael Vick IMO had by far the biggest potential of any player in NFL HISTORY. If he were to have become a more accomplished passer he could have been possibly the best NFL player ever.

2. I believe Matt has more pure talent. He has that 'it' factor that every team looks for in a starting QB and IMO only 5 current QB's have that and they are: Matt, Brady, Peyton, Big Ben, and Warner.

3. Well i am hoping it is Matt, but Michael would have an equal chance if the patriots or steelers sign him. But one thing is for sure Matt will win one first as a starting QB.

Nobody can ever argue Vick's potential and pure physical ability, but the franchise is much

better off with Ryan

110% true. Vick had the most raw ability in NFL history but wasn't consistent enough to win(alot of it is teammates fault). But now we have a captain sailing a steady ship and the captain is matt ryan

It depends on how you view them I suppose. I think Ryan is a better qb even though he is not the better athelete. Vick has a chance to get the ring first but in order to win one as a starting qb he needs to be on a team with great defense.

Ryan has demonstrated that he understands the nuts and bolts of being a qb. Vick didn't have to learn the basics because he could just run the ball. When push comes to shove you need a real qb under center because the gimmick is not going to work every time you need it. Also, vick is more injury prone because of his running game and he turns the ball over way too often. I assume he will come back into the league more coachable and some of his problems will finally get fixed.

The word potential has an amazing way of meaning something when it means absolutely nothing.

Examples:

I could potentially win the lottery this week.

I could potentially sleep win all of the Hooters bikini winners.

I think you all get the idea.

Michael Vick had great arm strength and was a very fast and quick runner. Arm strength meant nothing for him because of his inaccuracies, inability to read defenses, horrible work ethic, etc. He was a runner at the QB position. He was nothing more and well under average at every NFL QB level.

Matt Ryan does not have the arm strength that Vick had and is not as fast as Vick was but he does more with less physical ability. There is also a mental side that somehow always gets left out. Vick didn't have the mental ability to stay away from a horrendous criminal enterprise, just in case you give Vick too much credit for his intelligence.

Matt Ryan has it all. I appreciate the Falcons for what they have done. Dimitroff GOOD McKay BAD

It depends on how you view them I suppose. I think Ryan is a better qb even though he is not the better athelete. Vick has a chance to get the ring first but in order to win one as a starting qb he needs to be on a team with great defense.

Ryan has demonstrated that he understands the nuts and bolts of being a qb. Vick didn't have to learn the basics because he could just run the ball. When push comes to shove you need a real qb under center because the gimmick is not going to work every time you need it. Also, vick is more injury prone because of his running game and he turns the ball over way too often. I assume he will come back into the league more coachable and some of his problems will finally get fixed.

In fairness to Vick...Ryan turned the ball over what 11 times? That's a lot dont you think?

Guest Gritz
In fairness to Vick...Ryan turned the ball over what 11 times? That's a lot dont you think?

12 interceptions last year for Peyton Manning, 14 the year before.......

12 interceptions in 2006 for Tom Brady, 16 the year before...........

So to answer your question, no, that's not a lot..........

In his 6th year, Vick had 45 sacks, 13 INTs and 9 fumbles, basically 1 out of every 7 plays Vick ran ended very badly. That's just pathetic for a veteran.

In his rookie year, Ryan- 17, 11 and 4- one out of every 20 plays ended badly.