Does this debate hold any value?

nolafan33

I found this post on another forum and wanted to get yalls opinion:

Time to put the "Matt Ryan For President" talks to rest... I'm so sick of the media bouncing on this guy's nuggets... crowning him the next Joe Montagna (Waterboy)... here's a bold statement that alot of you might not agree with, but I'll try to back up my bold statement with proof.

OK here goes... "Joe Flacco is and will be a better QB than the beloved Matty Ice". There I said it...

So lets get to it..

The stats are almost a wash... Ryan threw for more yards, but Ryan had more weapons at his disposal. Flacco did what he could do with what he had.

Lets look at their opponents...

Both teams (ATL & B-More) played last-place schedules in 2008, but Baltimore had a much harder schedule than the Turds did.

The 2 toughest opponents that ATL played were Carolina twice (12-4) and Minnesota (10-6).

Now take a look at some of B-More's opponents... Titans (13-3), PIttsburgh (twice), NYG (12-4), Indy (12-4), Miami (11-5)

ATL 2008 opponents records: 117-138-1

Opponent with best record / results: Carolina * twice (12-4)

Double-digit-win opponents: Carolina & Minnesota

ATL's Sched

BMore 2008 opponents records: 132-121-3

Opponent with best record / results: Titans (13-3)

Double-digit-win opponents: Titans, Steelers, Colts, NYG, Dolphins

BMore's sched

So now that we see the differences in opponents... lets look at the defenses that they faced so that we'll get a good idea of the caliber of defenses that they had to play against.

ATL's opponents whose defenses were in the top 15 (Total defense):

Minnesota (#6)

Tampa Bay (#9) * twice

BMore's opponents whose defenses were in the top 15 (Total defense):

Pittsburgh (#1) * twice

Philly (#3)

Washington (#4)

NYG (#5)

Titans (#7)

Dallas (#8)

Indy (#11)

Cincy (#12) * twice

Miami (#15)

I'm not making this stuff up

So... my point for this thread was to try to give the media Matt Ryan lovers a dose of reality. There are the numbers smacking them right in the face... of Matt Ryan's 16 reg season games he played againt top-15 defenses a grand total of 3 times, and we all know that the Vikings secondary is horrible.

Meanwhile... Flacco has "almost-as-good" numbers while playing against top-15 defenses for 11 games of his 16, and might I also ask the Ryan jock-riders who was ROY?

For the record... I think Ryan will be a good QB in the league, but man... the media hype that this guy has gotten is crazy. Sure he led his team to the playoffs, but Flacco led his team to the Conf title game. Did Flacco have help? **** yeah he did... that Ravens defense is sick, but damm... Burner Turner almost won the rushing title... neither QB did it alone.

I just think that Flacco will be better in the long run, and the fact as a rookie QB... playing against those defenses... and still put up decent #'s... I like this kid's future more than I like Ryan's.

Yeah. I'll never understand all the hype surrounding Ryan and almost zero respect/attention toward Flacco.

Flacco is a more proven Qb, Imo. He's faced some of the best defenses in the league, he's gotten smacked around on countless occasions and still he put up comparable numbers to Ryan. Until I see how Ryan is able to handle the NFC/AFC East defenses coming at him this season, I'd go with Flacco for the time being.

lmao you guys are so silly!

i dont even feel like wasting time typing the same thing over and over so here we go.

http://www.nfl.com/players/joeflacco/profile?id=FLA009602

Flaccos stats

http://www.nfl.com/players/mattryan/profile?id=RYA238179

Ryans stats.

You guys are right...In a blind mans world Flacco IS the better qb

and i guess going completing 33 passes out of 75 in the playoffs is good to?

OOHHH OOHH how bout throwing 3 ints and only 1 td in the playoffs?

Stats dont lie guys. Stop getting all pissed cause Atlanta finally has a player worth a ish. Besides Nola you already said you think Ryan will be the best?

lmao you guys are so silly!

i dont even feel like wasting time typing the same thing over and over so here we go.

http://www.nfl.com/players/joeflacco/profile?id=FLA009602

Flaccos stats

http://www.nfl.com/players/mattryan/profile?id=RYA238179

Ryans stats.

You guys are right...In a blind mans world Flacco IS the better qb

and i guess going completing 33 passes out of 75 in the playoffs is good to?

OOHHH OOHH how bout throwing 3 ints and only 1 td in the playoffs?

Stats dont lie guys. Stop getting all pissed cause Atlanta finally has a player worth a ish. Besides Nola you already said you think Ryan will be the best?

Did you even bother to read the post? First of all, that isn't my post. Secondly, look at the defenses Flacco faced compared to Ryan. The Falcons played THREE games against teams with double digit wins and top 15 defenses.

So lets get this straight. Atlanta played 3 out of 16 games against teams with double digit wins, and 3 out of 16 against teams with top 15 defenses. Baltimore played 5 out of 16 games with double digit wins, and 11 of 16 against teams with top 15 defenses. Also, ATL played 5 games against playoff teams, and Baltimore played 7 playoff teams. Including the SB champs twice. So your right, the stats don't lie.

Did you even bother to read the post? First of all, that isn't my post. Secondly, look at the defenses Flacco faced compared to Ryan. The Falcons played THREE games against teams with double digit wins and top 15 defenses.

So lets get this straight. Atlanta played 3 out of 16 games against teams with double digit wins, and 3 out of 16 against teams with top 15 defenses. Baltimore played 5 out of 16 games with double digit wins, and 11 of 16 against teams with top 15 defenses. Also, ATL played 5 games against playoff teams, and Baltimore played 7 playoff teams. Including the SB champs twice. So your right, the stats don't lie.

tbh nola i rarely read more than the first sentance because mostly its...TURNERS FAT or RYAN SUCKS. But im glad you admit stats dont lie. So ryan is the better qb.

Truth your probably the only rival fan with enough brains to figure that out.

tbh nola i rarely read more than the first sentance because mostly its...TURNERS FAT or RYAN SUCKS. But im glad you admit stats dont lie. So ryan is the better qb.

Truth your probably the only rival fan with enough brains to figure that out.

Let me put it this way. This is about the best way I can say it.

Ryan had the better season. Flacco had the more impressive season.

Is that fair?

Also, when have I ever said Ryan sucks and Turners fat?

Sounds like wishful thinking on Ryan from fans whose teams have to play him twice a year.

What makes me smile is all the national media who think Ryan is the next great QB.

Did Flacco run the no huddle, call audibles, take a four win team to 11 wins and playoff berth?

Sounds like wishful thinking on Ryan from fans whose teams have to play him twice a year.

What makes me smile is all the national media who think Ryan is the next great QB.

Did Flacco run the no huddle, call audibles, take a four win team to 11 wins and playoff berth?

He "took" a 5 win team to 11 wins and an appearance in the AFC Championship game?

You mean our rival fans are throwing together arguments that Flacco from last year may be better than the Falcons Matt Ryan??

EPIC REVELATION!!!!!

I'm willing to bet if Matt Ryan had the Ravens defense to work with last year. You silly queens would be telling us Falcons fans that the Falcons won't repeat for a world championships this year......but that's just me....

It's going to be fun watching how this season unfolds. Stats or not, there is one thing everyone knows Ryan has, and its the 'IT' factor. I didn't watch many Ravens games, but the few I did, I never got a feeling that Flacco had control of that team. You always felt like they were trying to hide him, keep him safe, and let him manage the game instead of taking it over.

I'm willing to bet anyone here that Ryan will progress much, much more than Flacco will this season.

It's going to be fun watching how this season unfolds. Stats or not, there is one thing everyone knows Ryan has, and its the 'IT' factor. I didn't watch many Ravens games, but the few I did, I never got a feeling that Flacco had control of that team. You always felt like they were trying to hide him, keep him safe, and let him manage the game instead of taking it over.

I'm willing to bet anyone here that Ryan will progress much, much more than Flacco will this season.

Is it really a stretch to say the Falcons didn't do that with Ryan?

I mean, Flacco threw the ball 27 times a game, Ryan threw it 27 times a game.

It's really even IMO, one can say Flacco did more with less, or you can say Flacco did less because of more. If you get what I'm saying. You can't deny that Flacco put up his numbers against MUCH better teams than Ryan did.

With that said, I'd still take Ryan. I don't really agree with the whole hiding thing, because the Falcons did their share also, but Ryan definetly has something Flacco doesn't.

You mean our rival fans are throwing together arguments that Flacco from last year may be better than the Falcons Matt Ryan??

EPIC REVELATION!!!!!

I'm willing to bet if Matt Ryan had the Ravens defense to work with last year. You silly queens would be telling us Falcons fans that the Falcons won't repeat for a world championships this year......but that's just me....

Yeah. I bet if Flacco had the #2 ranked run game and a much better Oline, not to mention a better #1 Wr, He'd have led the Ravens to the Sb last year.

a 5 win team that happened to be 13-3 the year before the 5-11 year...just saying

Are you trying to say they just took a whole season off or something? None of that matters, Flacco brought the 07 team from 5 wins too 11, not the 06 team.

that same ravens team was just 2 seasons removed from being 13-3. our team hasn't been really relevant in a few years. ryan had to go through more off the field ****.

flacco took his team further, but didn't statistically play as well in the playoffs as ryan. yes ryan has turner, but flacco's run game was just about as good, look it up. he also has one of the best possession receivers in the league in mason.

ryan has better receivers, both run games are about the same, flaccos d is leaps and bounds ahead of ryans. ryan is the better qb imo, but they'll both be good. i think flacco will take a little longer to get the big time numbers, while i think ryan will be able to put up 25 TD 3,600+ yds this season. we'll see i think ryan >>>> flacco though. not by a huge margin, but he is better IMO.

that same ravens team was just 2 seasons removed from being 13-3. our team hasn't been really relevant in a few years. ryan had to go through more off the field ****.

flacco took his team further, but didn't statistically play as well in the playoffs as ryan. yes ryan has turner, but flacco's run game was just about as good, look it up. he also has one of the best possession receivers in the league in mason.

ryan has better receivers, both run games are about the same, flaccos d is leaps and bounds ahead of ryans. ryan is the better qb imo, but they'll both be good. i think flacco will take a little longer to get the big time numbers, while i think ryan will be able to put up 25 TD 3,600+ yds this season. we'll see i think ryan >>>> flacco though. not by a huge margin, but he is better IMO.

Ryan was sacked only 17 times. Flacco was sacked over 30. Some people use the lame excuse of "Flacco just held onto the ball too long in all those instances", I believe it has more to do with the fact that he played against a lot of extremely tough defenses. He was under pressure a LOT.

Could Ryan have had the year he had if he was sacked over 30 times, with a worse run game and worse WRs than Flacco had? Probably not. Falcon fans would be doing what a few people (myself included) are doing and trying to put out there that everything isn't so cut and dry. Especially if Ryan had the schedule that Flacco had last year.

I agree that both have good futures.

At the end 2009, alll of the "Flacco is better than Ryan" posters (actually only the ones with integrity, not the bull$#itters like Nola that constantly lie through omission or just make things up) are going to be here just like the "WE have to draft Dorsey" posters are in TATF right now apologizing al over themselves. They wil be humbled and admitting how freaking stupid they were to believe such short sightedness. And yeah, I was one of the "We must draft Dorsey" guys, so I know what if feels like to be that wrong one year later.

Guest jb aka johnnybuc
I happen to agree 100%. Ryan did his thing well, But Flacco has a cannon on him.

They like to play this "its because of their Defense" card to down grade Falcco, But just look where he LED his team too.

I see a sophomore slump on the horizon.