what plays/formations are you looking forward to? Here's a blitz I'm thinking would be a lot of fun to watch

falconidae

Its a 3rd and long. You have JA, JA lite, Bierman, Sidbury, Jerry and Babs , along with Moore and lofton on the line of scrimmage, plus three corners- at the snap the first 6 blitz, Moore and Lofton handle the middle of the field/any draw plays, the three corners take on the top three wide outs.

You might have a different combo of Dlinemen or have Sidbury drop into coverage with Moore blitzing.

Its going to be a fun year to be a Falcons fan. And a fun Decade.

if it is 3rd and long why are you sending a crazy blitz like that?! thats so stupid. you have SIX LINEMEN in the game ONE LB and ONE SAFETY!!! that clearly reads that the corners are 1v1 on the outside and you have no help over top!!! take out two linemen and put another safety and lb in the game and get real <_<

if it is 3rd and long why are you sending a crazy blitz like that?! thats so stupid. you have SIX LINEMEN in the game ONE LB and ONE SAFETY!!! that clearly reads that the corners are 1v1 on the outside and you have no help over top!!! take out two linemen and put another safety and lb in the game and get real <_<

x2 i was thinking the same thats a touchdown waiting to happend

Its a 3rd and long. You have JA, JA lite, Bierman, Sidbury, Jerry and Babs , along with Moore and lofton on the line of scrimmage, plus three corners- at the snap the first 6 blitz, Moore and Lofton handle the middle of the field/any draw plays, the three corners take on the top three wide outs.

You might have a different combo of Dlinemen or have Sidbury drop into coverage with Moore blitzing.

me fantasy line up will be trey lewis jerry sidbury and bab drop abe to OLB with akins and mike petterson mooore coleman houston and grimes at DB,where you can shift blitz and run muti zone blitz and man blitz out of this package

i would send the front 4 plus abe and adkins and run a zone with mike petterson in the middle. Houston left side and deep grimes right side and dep coleman middle deep and moore in the pocket next to mike petterson for run support and short coverage

basiclly zone cover 3

Simple formation ... JA98, Lewis, Jerry, JA55 ... at LB Nicholas, Lofton, Adkins ... Abe stands up and falls to the OLB spot, Lofton and Adkins play ILB ... Trey is the NT once Abe stands up with Jerry playing the 7-technique ... let Adkins, Nicholas and Abe blitz and Lofton cover the zone up the middle (especially looking for a draw play) ... you'd still have the CBs with help from the safeties.

And ofc you'd have Abe and Adkins on the same side as Jerry ... somebody is bound to get to the QB there.

Simple formation ... JA98, Lewis, Jerry, JA55 ... at LB Nicholas, Lofton, Adkins ... Abe stands up and falls to the OLB spot, Lofton and Adkins play ILB ... Trey is the NT once Abe stands up with Jerry playing the 7-technique ... let Adkins, Nicholas and Abe blitz and Lofton cover the zone up the middle (especially looking for a draw play) ... you'd still have the CBs with help from the safeties.

And ofc you'd have Abe and Adkins on the same side as Jerry ... somebody is bound to get to the QB there.

sounds good cuz trey big enough to clogg the middle

Maddenites... <shakes head>

x2 i was thinking the same thats a touchdown waiting to happend
Maddenites... <shakes head>

Never played Madden.

And you all seem to be assuming that's the base D on 3rd and long.-its not, its simply a variation on the 3/4 package.

if it helps you visualize it, its a 3/4 lineup with Sidbury and Bierman as outside LBs

No, you wouldn't do this often. Yeah, if you do this every 3rd and long, it'll cost you, but its like the wildcat on O, you want to do it often enough that the other team has to prepare for it. Once every 2 or 3 games would do it.

And it would be fun to watch.

While it's easy to criticize, the best defense in NFL history often (well, maybe not often but occasionally) blitzed 9 men at a time. The Gritz Blitz gave up the fewest points in NFL history in a 14 game season.

I don't think I'd do this particular suggestion on 3rd & long, but there are times when something similar could be done. I kinda like what LSU did last year with their 4 DE package. That would be something interesting to look at with JA55 | Davis | JA98 | Biermann on the DL and maybe Sidbury at WLB all rushing the QB.

Never played Madden.

And you all seem to be assuming that's the base D on 3rd and long.-its not, its simply a variation on the 3/4 package.

if it helps you visualize it, its a 3/4 lineup with Sidbury and Bierman as outside LBs

No, you wouldn't do this often. Yeah, if you do this every 3rd and long, it'll cost you, but its like the wildcat on O, you want to do it often enough that the other team has to prepare for it. Once every 2 or 3 games would do it.

And it would be fun to watch.

actually i play madden all the time thats why i agree with Moe S, the only people who think this would actually work are those who think you can apply madden to real life and vice versa! if it was a ''variation'' of a 3-4 defense then you wouldnt have 6 linemen. even if you tried you would have JA, JA lite, Bierman, Sidbury, Jerry and Babs. who is your other 3-4 player?? Lofton? then that makes things even worse because you have Moore and lofton on the line of scrimmage. so basically everyone is in the box on a 3rd and long!?!? RIDICULOUS!!! even if you tried it our corners arent good enough to handle 3 top WRs with absolutely no help over top. if i was the offense all i would do is send one player in motion to make the CB back off and the WR has a free release. unstoppable. you must know nothing about REAL football. the wildcat works because it is a lot of things coming at you with a lot of variables to factor. you cant do stupid **** like this on defense. even if you did it only twice a game by the third game a QB would know not to be under center to get extra time and you could expect a lot more screens and motion routes.

and Robb4242 just because the Gritz Blitz gave up the fewest amount of points blitzing 9 men at a time didnt mean they did it all the time and especially not on a 3rd and long (and by long im assuming +10 yrds) that was probably just a signature play they had.

actually i play madden all the time thats why i agree with Moe S, the only people who think this would actually work are those who think you can apply madden to real life and vice versa! if it was a ''variation'' of a 3-4 defense then you wouldnt have 6 linemen. even if you tried you would have JA, JA lite, Bierman, Sidbury, Jerry and Babs. who is your other 3-4 player?? Lofton? then that makes things even worse because you have Moore and lofton on the line of scrimmage. so basically everyone is in the box on a 3rd and long!?!? RIDICULOUS!!! even if you tried it our corners arent good enough to handle 3 top WRs with absolutely no help over top. if i was the offense all i would do is send one player in motion to make the CB back off and the WR has a free release. unstoppable. you must know nothing about REAL football. the wildcat works because it is a lot of things coming at you with a lot of variables to factor. you cant do stupid **** like this on defense. even if you did it only twice a game by the third game a QB would know not to be under center to get extra time and you could expect a lot more screens and motion routes.

and Robb4242 just because the Gritz Blitz gave up the fewest amount of points blitzing 9 men at a time didnt mean they did it all the time and especially not on a 3rd and long (and by long im assuming +10 yrds) that was probably just a signature play they had.

Note I said once every 2 or 3 games. I did assume that Sids and Bierman can play outside LB well enough in a 3/4 that the O doesn't know where the blitz is coming from. The 3/4 works because there's a lot of things coming at you with a lot of variables to consider- one of those variables is an all out blitz. That's what this play would be.

but the thing you fail to realize is you only have 1 safety in the game and he is lined up on the line of scrimmage like a lineback AND its third and long! this would not bother me if it was a third and short and its a clear run play but it is third and long and the offense obviously has to throw the ball. the best position a WR can be in for a QB to throw him the ball is when it is 1v1 and thats what you are giving them from the snap. it is the dumbest idea and im not gonna comment on it any more.

but the thing you fail to realize is you only have 1 safety in the game and he is lined up on the line of scrimmage like a lineback AND its third and long! this would not bother me if it was a third and short and its a clear run play but it is third and long and the offense obviously has to throw the ball. the best position a WR can be in for a QB to throw him the ball is when it is 1v1 and thats what you are giving them from the snap. it is the dumbest idea and im not gonna comment on it any more.

So, you're telling me 3/4 teams never run an all out blitz? That's all that play is. Just like any blitz, you gotta get there or it gets ugly.

And you'll see this play or something like it this year out of the falcons.

Obviously they didn't do it all the time. The key to that defense is you never knew what was coming & where it was coming from. They would blitz 9, 8, 7. Heck, if Glanville could have figured out a way, I think he would have blitzed 11 that year. They blitzed in short yardage, in long yardage, 1st down, 3rd down, it didn't matter. They lined people up out of position to screw with the offenses and keep them confused. Glanville was Maddenesque long before there was a Madden video game. It doesn't work forever, but on occasion it can be effective to do something like that. But with the way things work nowadays, if you try something new & it doesn't work you have too many questions to answer because every move is so closely scrutinized, and coaches are too scared to stick there necks very far out on the chopping block.

So, you're telling me 3/4 teams never run an all out blitz? That's all that play is. Just like any blitz, you gotta get there or it gets ugly.

And you'll see this play or something like it this year out of the falcons.

no im not saying that what im saying is they never run all out blitzes with ONLY ONE SAFETY AND HE IS CROWDING THE LOS!?!?!?! ARE YOU SERIOUSLY NOT SEEING ANYTHING WRONG WITH THIS???!!! :huh: when 3-4 teams run an all out blitz (i.e. Pittsburgh/Baltimore) they have 2 safeties in the game and one is playing centerfield (i.e. Polamalu/Reed) thats why when the blitz gets to the QB they have to make a miracle throw to get it between a CB and S over top (interception). if there is no safety over top then the QB has a significantly easier throw to make.

From what I am reading, I am assuming your blitz would look somewhat like I have illustrated below. If it is, feel free to edit your original post and add it in to better get across your point.

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/9770/falconideablitz.jpg

This is one of those all or nothing blitzes if you want to break it down. Your CBs are left on an island, and the RB is left wide open for a swing pass that could quickly turn into a huge gain or TD. You could instead put Moore in over the top coverage and have Lofton covering the LB, while hoping your blitz is good enough to get disrupt the play if the TE is going out for a pass. Moore could instead cover the TE, but again that leaves everyone in one on one coverage. It is odd though that you opted out of having two safeties.

The personnel seem okay for the most part, but at 3rd in long this could prevent the QB from having enough time to let the play devolop and try to throw a pass that could lead to a play big enough to convert.

yeah i agree that makes no sense. try again

if that is how they lined up in the picture you illustrated then all they have to do is either let the RB flare out to the 1 wr side and quick dump it to him or have the slot WR run a corner route towards the sideline. there is no way you can stop both of those from happening because you only have 1 safety. if he is gaurding th RB then the corner route is open and if he is on the side of the slot you can even motion the slot to the other side and dump to the RB with extra blockers now. and what if a WR breaks a tackle? TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!

if that is how they lined up in the picture you illustrated then all they have to do is either let the RB flare out to the 1 wr side and quick dump it to him or have the slot WR run a corner route towards the sideline. there is no way you can stop both of those from happening because you only have 1 safety. if he is gaurding th RB then the corner route is open and if he is on the side of the slot you can even motion the slot to the other side and dump to the RB with extra blockers now. and what if a WR breaks a tackle? TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!

Assuming it's 3rd and long, they have to go for a deep pass to convert. The blitz is designed to get to the QB before the deeper routes develop and the QB can get off the pass. If the LB is on the RB, and he motions the slot WR to block for that pass then the CB will be there to assist here as well since this is a strict man to man play.

The CBs should be playing the deep routes. This means streaks, corners, posts, etc. If the CB can cover the WR for just a few seconds, and the blitz it executed correctly, then that WR will be covered pretty well even if the ball is thrown his way. Now assuming that QB is hit or disrupted in some way by the blitz, then that also means the ball may not be thrown very well, which opens up for interceptions or batted passes.

The concept is there, maybe the personnel package is a little odd, but this isn't a foreign concept to football. In fact, the concept of blitzing before the play can be established was something that made some of the greatest defenses of all time so great. 1977 Falcons, 2000 Ravens, all the great Steeler defenses, 85 Bears, etc.

no im not saying that what im saying is they never run all out blitzes with ONLY ONE SAFETY AND HE IS CROWDING THE LOS!?!?!?! ARE YOU SERIOUSLY NOT SEEING ANYTHING WRONG WITH THIS???!!! :huh: when 3-4 teams run an all out blitz (i.e. Pittsburgh/Baltimore) they have 2 safeties in the game and one is playing centerfield (i.e. Polamalu/Reed) thats why when the blitz gets to the QB they have to make a miracle throw to get it between a CB and S over top (interception). if there is no safety over top then the QB has a significantly easier throw to make.

Well then, you're really not going to like my 10/1 formation :lol: Chill out, I was just playing with getting all the pass rushers on the field at once. At some point, the falcons will rush 6 out of a 3/4, and front seven will look alot like what I had. If it calms you down, I can put a safety back, although Polamalu and Reed both crowd the LOS and then drop into coverage