President Obama Receives 30 Death Threats A Day

sourdiesal

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...t-Service.html

Since Mr Obama took office, the rate of threats against the president has increased 400 percent from the 3,000 a year or so under President George W. Bush, according to Ronald Kessler, author of In the President's Secret Service.

Some threats to Mr Obama, whose Secret Service codename is Renegade, have been publicised, including an alleged plot by white supremacists in Tennessee late last year to rob a gun store, shoot 88 black people, decapitate another 14 and then assassinate the first black president in American history.

Since Mr Obama took office, the rate of threats against the president has increased 400 percent from the 3,000 a year or so under President George W. Bush, according to Ronald Kessler, author of In the President's Secret Service.

:blink:Some threats to Mr Obama, whose Secret Service codename is Renegade, have been publicised, including an alleged plot by white supremacists in Tennessee late last year to rob a gun store, shoot 88 black people, decapitate another 14 and then assassinate the first black president in American history.

:blink:

Man, there are some **** fruit loops in this world.

What's really sad is the fact that no one wants to honestly talk about race relations in this country.

I have heard countless talking heads say the reason why we can't get past race is because everyone keeps bringing it up. It they would stop talking about it it wouldn't be a big deal.?.?

That might be the most ignorant and cowardly statement I have ever heard. Apply it to anything else in society and you will see how stupid it really sounds.

Can you improve crime rates by not talking about it and ignoring it?

Can you improve education by not talking about it and ignoring it?

Can you imporve anything by not talking about it and ignoring it?

What we really need is honest conversation that doesn't lead to villifying each represented group. We need understanding and acceptance of others points of view even when they do not make sense to us and our point of view.

We need exposure of true feelings and perceptions without accusation and condemnation!

What's really sad is the fact that no one wants to honestly talk about race relations in this country.

I have heard countless talking heads say the reason why we can't get past race is because everyone keeps bringing it up. It they would stop talking about it it wouldn't be a big deal.?.?

That might be the most ignorant and cowardly statement I have ever heard. Apply it to anything else in society and you will see how stupid it really sounds.

Can you improve crime rates by not talking about it and ignoring it?

Can you improve education by not talking about it and ignoring it?

Can you imporve anything by not talking about it and ignoring it?

What we really need is honest conversation that doesn't lead to villifying each represented group. We need understanding and acceptance of others points of view even when they do not make sense to us and our point of view.

We need exposure of true feelings and perceptions without accusation and condemnation!

Yeah, sorry, but its not a conversation with these people. In order for them to respect Obama as a president, they must first consider him an equal, which will never happen. This overt racism (birthers, Glenn Beck, etc) will continue until a major catastrophe occurs.

Yeah, sorry, but its not a conversation with these people. In order for them to respect Obama as a president, they must first consider him an equal, which will never happen. This overt racism (birthers, Glenn Beck, etc) will continue until a major catastrophe occurs.

But that is just the thing that I am talking about. It is a reality that needs to be incluede in the conversation. If one said they believe other races are inferior and should only be allowed certain rights etc. I can accept and respect that. I don't agree with it but if that is how you truly feel then at least I can know what you are about and govern myself accordingly.

Its the dishonest charade that cause so much harm and confusion.

I imagine race relations were pretty good during and shortly after slavery because everyone knew where each other stood and no one was pretentious and duplicitous. Sure it was unfair, oppressive, and inhumane but everyone understood how everyone else felt.

Now people try to hid what they feel and it comes out in subtle ways that end up infuriating and agitating everyone.

Only the truth can set you free. Speak the truth and deal with the consequences and that will eventually lead to understanding and unity.

Yes, sadly I think the idea that racism can be defeated is a pipedream. Since the dawn of man there have been groups of people that hated other groups of people just based on color, nationality, religion, etc. It's not going to end ANY time soon if ever.

Yes, sadly I think the idea that racism can be defeated is a pipedream. Since the dawn of man there have been groups of people that hated other groups of people just based on color, nationality, religion, etc. It's not going to end ANY time soon if ever.

I agree racism will never end because it is directly related to ignorance and we will always have ignorace.

I am not really speaking about racism but about race relations. Racism is just a component of race relations. What we can accomplish is a better undersanding of each others perspectives from a race related view point.

It happens all the time on small scales. If we could have honest dialog and accept and understand others points of view (even if we feel it is wrong) then we could be the 'melting pot' that this country is so often portrayed to be.

But that is just the thing that I am talking about. It is a reality that needs to be incluede in the conversation. If one said they believe other races are inferior and should only be allowed certain rights etc. I can accept and respect that. I don't agree with it but if that is how you truly feel then at least I can know what you are about and govern myself accordingly.

Its the dishonest charade that cause so much harm and confusion.

I imagine race relations were pretty good during and shortly after slavery because everyone knew where each other stood and no one was pretentious and duplicitous. Sure it was unfair, oppressive, and inhumane but everyone understood how everyone else felt.

Now people try to hid what they feel and it comes out in subtle ways that end up infuriating and agitating everyone.

Only the truth can set you free. Speak the truth and deal with the consequences and that will eventually lead to understanding and unity.

For reference, the Klan was founded immediately after the Civil War ended. The only reason that every black man south of the Mason Dixon line didn't get lynched as soon as Lee signed that paper was a massive influx of Northern soldiers.

The number of murders and assaults perpetrated upon Negroes is very great; we can form only an approximative estimate of what is going on in those parts of the South which are not closely garrisoned, and from which no regular reports are received, by what occurs under the very eyes of our military authorities. As to my personal experience, I will only mention that during my two days sojourn at Atlanta, one Negro was stabbed with fatal effect on the street, and three were poisoned, one of whom died. While I was at Montgomery, one negro was cut across the throat evidently with intent to kill, and another was shot, but both escaped with their lives. Several papers attached to this report give an account of the number of capital cases that occurred at certain places during a certain period of time. It is a sad fact that the perpetration of those acts is not confined to that class of people which might be called the rabble. Carl Schurz, "Report on the Condition of the South", December 1865

There has never been a "good" time for race relations because the mentality that propels people to become racist is not one open to compromise. Anyone who is racist enough to make a death threat against the President is too far gone, or not worth saving.

Some threats to Mr Obama, whose Secret Service codename is Renegade, have been publicised, including an alleged plot by white supremacists in Tennessee late last year to rob a gun store, shoot 88 black people, decapitate another 14 and then assassinate the first black president in American history.

wow thats some precise planning.... i wonder if they had specified what people by name.... or if they were just like "ok we cant kill the president until we shoot 88 black people... oh yeah lets decapitate a few too.. maybe 14 or so"