STILL NO BIERGUT for BIERMANN

MagnusXXIII

With the growth of Biermann, the motor of Sidbury and the performance of Davis, I really have a hard time seeing JA98 making this team. You look at the guys we brought in and signed for the DE spot, and they all have different measurables and intangibles than JA98. I am excited to see these new guys at the DE spot. Its time for JA98 to move on and stop holding this team back from a non explosive DE opposite of Abe. So in another words, Goodbye Jamaal.

With the growth of Biermann, the motor of Sidbury and the performance of Davis, I really have a hard time seeing JA98 making this team. You look at the guys we brought in and signed for the DE spot, and they all have different measurables and intangibles than JA98. I am excited to see these new guys at the DE spot. Its time for JA98 to move on and stop holding this team back from a non explosive DE opposite of Abe. So in another words, Goodbye Jamaal.

Jamaal isn't going to get cut in training camp. He is a bust but he still brings value versus the run and has some experience which we can't afford to just throw away with all of our young DE's (most notably Sidbury and Bierman). He will make the roster and have a chance to start, but the question is how much he is in versus the pass. If he can pressure the passer there may be hope for him yet, but otherwise he will just be an elephant end dedicated to stopping the run.

Oh please. Our defense is still better when Jamaal is on the field versus when he is off. What would be ideal, admittedly is if he was able to get that final step a bit more often and bring the QB down 6 or 7 times this season, and if Davis, Beirman and Sidbury all stepped up so that our rotation would create constant pressure... I think we'll see that this season...if not at the start, almost definitely by the end.