Falcons’ Gonzalez: Ryan has chance to be great

Falcons TE Tony Gonzalez talked about making the transition from Kansas City to Atlanta, when he checked in with NFL Network’s Rich Eisen on Monday.

Gonzalez raved about his new quarterback, the 2008 Rookie of the Year Matt Ryan, saying that the young signal caller had the chance to be among the league’s elite.

“He’s good,” said Gonzalez. “He’s beyond his years, to say the least … I started looking him up, I started watching some tape, and this guy’s the real deal. When you first meet him you see his personality. You see what makes him so great is because (of) his leadership. His command in the huddle and the way he works off the field — it all comes together to make a great quarterback.”

Gonzalez said leaving Kansas City after 12 years was difficult, but his trade request was borne out of a need to accomplish more in a career that is coming to a close. Gonzalez admitted that he is still playing because he wants to get that elusive first playoff win.

“The end is in sight. I only have two or three years left of really good football in me and then I’m going to hang ‘em up. I want to make sure I get an opportunity to go out on top.

“I’ve never won a playoff game. To me that’s sad because that’s what you work for. That’s why you bust your *** in the offseason and then during the season — to go out there and win football games, get to the playoffs and win the Super Bowl. That’s the ultimate prize in this game. I’ve had the opportunity three times in the playoffs. To never move on, it hurts my feelings a little bit.”

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-training-cam...alez-in-Atlanta

No offense to Tony, but I dont care if we win one for him....the guy hasnt even played a regular season game for us yet.

I just wanna win one for this franchise; for all the friggin enduring pain and suffering we have had to go through.

I guess the bright side is we arent the Saints or the Lions though. Those are some abysmal franchises.

i seen on espn this morning, marcellous wiley saying with the addition of gonzo, there WILL NOT be a sophmore slump with matty ice..

Well I feel better knwing that Marcellus Wiley feels that way. There was never going to be a sophomore slump, with Tony or without him. Tony Gonzales makes the Falcons offense easily the best in the league, provided Roddy gets signed, but it was going to be a very potent offense even without Tony.

Well I feel better knwing that Marcellus Wiley feels that way. There was never going to be a sophomore slump, with Tony or without him. Tony Gonzales makes the Falcons offense easily the best in the league, provided Roddy gets signed, but it was going to be a very potent offense even without Tony.

It is OUR TURN !