Roddy NOT TRADED

On a more serious note...does anyone think the great chemistry reported between Tony Gonzalez and Matt Ryan (plus alot more reps without Roddy in training camp ) will mean much less production from Roddy White? Maybe he knew he couldn't best last years number with a target like Gonzalez for Matt Ryan and figured it's now or never.

Guest Gritz
On a more serious note...does anyone think the great chemistry reported between Tony Gonzalez and Matt Ryan (plus alot more reps without Roddy in training camp ) will mean much less production from Roddy White? Maybe he knew he couldn't best last years number with a target like Gonzalez for Matt Ryan and figured it's now or never.

That's actually a decent point, but I doubt if it entered into Roddy's or his agent's mind......

Roddy probably will see less passes thrown his way but the quality of his routes and eventual results could be much better....How can you possibly double Roddy with Gonzalez on the field? Jenkins.....Douglas if we go with 2 wides and a slot?.......

Pick who you want to get killed by defense...... :lol:

That's actually a decent point, but I doubt if it entered into Roddy's or his agent's mind......

Roddy probably will see less passes thrown his way but the quality of his routes and eventual results could be much better....How can you possibly double Roddy with Gonzalez on the field? Jenkins.....Douglas if we go with 2 wides and a slot?.......

you're right....i just hope this gets done at a fair deal for all....and they can put all their energy into one goal.....SUPERBOWL

Guest Gritz
you're right....i just hope this gets done at a fair deal for all....and they can put all their energy into one goal.....SUPERBOWL

It'll work out...I'm predicting sometime early next week..... ;)

didnt i just put that pretty much??

u where crazy enough to believe roddy was gone ....... <_<

hes not gone, but he dam sure aint where he needs to be ....

The Falcons look to be ready to make a run at this thing, insteed of talking about how great the d looks and how ryan looks sharp and the future is bright, all we have seen are these dam R White threads.... thats why some were less than nice to you man....

Valid point that's been discussed in some other threads a little bit, and I believe it's pretty much on target. But this leads to another question about what happens after this season if Roddy gets his new deal. I have a feeling the "stat-boi" posters on this board are going to trash Roddy if his numbers drop at all this season.

Let's say Roddy signs in the 9.5 million/season range, and then goes out and has a decent year. Then say Roddy puts up 75 catches, 1050 yards and 4 TD's. With all the people jumping off the deep end right now over a minor holdout that doesn't seem to have any bad blood on either side of the issue, how are people going to react to Roddy putting up stats like that? With the venom being spewed right now, I have a feeling we're going to hear a lot of "Roddy wasn't worth the money" type comments at the end of the season. This could be the case even though he's thrown to less as HD becomes more involved in the offense, TG gets his share of balls, Turner's going to get his touches. And that's not even considering Jenkins & J-Nor's touches every game. Roddy's numbers are bound to drop & the sometimes clueless but very vocal few posters on this board who can't see past the fantasy stats to understand the reason the numbers drop are going to be all over him.

true...i won't lie....I need to get a life...lol but the Falcons season is ALL I look forward to these days. I lost 2 nephews the last couple years- one to leukemia the other to a heart surgeons' error cutting open his chest.Both died young, 15 and 9 years old. There has been alot of tragedy in my family the last few years. The Falcons are one of my only "escapes" .

I think his numbers could go up because of Gonzo. Think about it, we left a lot of points out there last year in the red zones. We also had a bunch of stalled drives. Had a lot of good ones too but we did have some bad drives. I think we score a ton more and I think we have a lot more long drives than last year. I think Gonzo helps more than he takes away. Gonzo won't catch 90 this year. I am guessing around 60 or so. I think Turner will get close to 1,600 yards this year but with less carries. Gonzo helps the running game too. Roddy should have a huge year again and no way will be be less involved due to this holdout. he is a huge part of this offense and he is about to get paid which will display TD's value on him. Roddy will be here and he will be very involved.