I say if you criticze Roddy White you are not looking at the situation

I'm tired of reading "he signed a contract, report to camp!" or "he's just a greedy bum, trade him!" and the best "he should come to camp I'm sure TD and co will take care of him"

Give me a break

Roddy White is a very good WR and right now is extremely underpaid. When you see players in your draft class that are complete busts (Mike WIilliams, Troy WIlliamson, Matt Jones) and you are also better than the player selected #3 overall in Braylon Edwards you definitely have a gripe. When players drafted before you who are not even as good as you (Roy Williams, Mark Clayton, the Falcons own Michael Jenkins) get contract extensions you have a gripe, especially when Larry Fitzgerald gets a new contract BEFORE the season starts last year but was already making almost EIGHT TIMES as much money. (Lee Evans did however get an extension during the season, but he was still making more money than him and is close to his skill level, but not as good as White)

But the problem is when an equivalent player drafted a year after you gets his contract done before the season starts you need to take action. No reason for Roddy not to get a contract extension before Greg Jennings. And when the Falcons trade the one player who can potentially produce in your place (Laurent Robinson) you have all the leverage in the world so I think it's ridiculous to criticize Roddy White for one week of a training camp holdout. This is the best opportunity for him to get what he deserves. Lets remember, next year he's a RESTRICTED FA, and doesn't have the option to sign with another team. He could also be franchised.

The guys is on a 5 year 7 million dollar deal. He's worth much more than that to the Falcons. Even Babineux got an extension and was drafted in the same class. He's proven it over 2 seasons. He should get paid. The Falcons are not a cheap franchise and Blank gave a pet killer a 37 million dollar signing bonus. Give Roddy 37 million over 4 years and tell him sign it or we'll franchise you next year. That is fair.

I'm tired of reading "he signed a contract, report to camp!" or "he's just a greedy bum, trade him!" and the best "he should come to camp I'm sure TD and co will take care of him"

Give me a break

Roddy White is a very good WR and right now is extremely underpaid. When you see players in your draft class that are complete busts (Mike WIilliams, Troy WIlliamson, Matt Jones) and you are also better than the player selected #3 overall in Braylon Edwards you definitely have a gripe. When players drafted before you who are not even as good as you (Roy Williams, Mark Clayton, the Falcons own Michael Jenkins) get contract extensions you have a gripe, especially when Larry Fitzgerald gets a new contract BEFORE the season starts last year but was already making almost EIGHT TIMES as much money. (Lee Evans did however get an extension during the season, but he was still making more money than him and is close to his skill level, but not as good as White)

But the problem is when an equivalent player drafted a year after you gets his contract done before the season starts you need to take action. No reason for Roddy not to get a contract extension before Greg Jennings. And when the Falcons trade the one player who can potentially produce in your place (Laurent Robinson) you have all the leverage in the world so I think it's ridiculous to criticize Roddy White for one week of a training camp holdout. This is the best opportunity for him to get what he deserves. Lets remember, next year he's a RESTRICTED FA, and doesn't have the option to sign with another team. He could also be franchised.

The guys is on a 5 year 7 million dollar deal. He's worth much more than that to the Falcons. Even Babineux got an extension and was drafted in the same class. He's proven it over 2 seasons. He should get paid. The Falcons are not a cheap franchise and Blank gave a pet killer a 37 million dollar signing bonus. Give Roddy 37 million over 4 years and tell him sign it or we'll franchise you next year. That is fair.

Where were you his first two years when,by his OWN ADMISSION he did not study film, fell asleep in meetings and stayed out all night partying instead of EARNING the first round money he HELD OUT FOR?? all the while dropping numerous passes that cost us games?

Where were you his first two years when,by his OWN ADMISSION he did not study film, fell asleep in meetings and stayed out all night partying instead of EARNING the first round money he HELD OUT FOR?? all the while dropping numerous passes that cost us games?

Who cares. He's a 8-9 million dollar a year player now, and was the past two years.Recievers aren't usually good their first couple of years anyway. It's what he has become now that's important

I don't think there's really been THAT much criticism of Roddy for wanting more money.....He does deserve it and ultimately (hopefully this week) will get a contract renegotiated. I think most people are frustrated that he chose to hold out and create a bit of negative publicity just as camp started. It's hard to argue with people that look at it from a common persons perspective.....he should be humble and thankful that he gets to play a game for a living......after all he IS making $2, 5000, 000 this year. How long will it take MOST of us to make that much in our lifetime?

Roddy......you DO deserve more money...just don't ruin your reputation and the good feelings around the team by doing so.

I don't think there's really been THAT much criticism of Roddy for wanting more money.....He does deserve it and ultimately (hopefully this week) will get a contract renegotiated. I think most people are frustrated that he chose to hold out and create a bit of negative publicity just as camp started. It's hard to argue with people that look at it from a common persons perspective.....he should be humble and thankful that he gets to play a game for a living......after all he IS making $2, 5000, 000 this year. How long will it take MOST of us to make that much in our lifetime?

Roddy......you DO deserve more money...just don't ruin your reputation and the good feelings around the team by doing so.

I agree with most of what you are saying. But you can't compare whose job is being an NFL star to a regular person not in the entertainment business. His worth to the Falcons organization is more than 2.5 million dollars. You could argue that the Falcons franchise is worth much more than 2.5 million dollars with Roddy White as a member of it....and for the compensation he's been given the past couple of years he deserves more and has every right to use whatever means necessary to attain it. It's his job, ,and all that really matters is the pay check (remember Laywer Milloy said that lol)

It seems like the Falcons are wanting to give White an extension.. but, is what I've been reading on nfl.com about him wanting 9m+ a year true? If true, $9,000,000 a year for a guy with only two decent years under his belt? One trip to the pro-bowl and he wants to be paid close to what Fitz is getting paid? That's about the most ******** thing I've heard of, if true.

This is how I look at it.

We were patient with him while he basically played on the level of a high school student. We stuck with him and kept plugging him in. Now he's tasted two years of successs and cant give us that same patience. I agree he should be paid.........thats fine........put in your request and show up to work.

There is no reason in the world he can't come to camp, work out with the team, and still work with TD to get a deal done, that the front office stated they want to do. WHAT ABOUT INJURY??!!??!!! Well by all reports he is in Alabama working out to keep in shape, so he is still running a risk of injury, and if he is injured he would be put on the non football PUP list instead of Football injury DL list. So Roddy is running the risk of losing out his contract money if he blows a knee while holding out and still practicing. Also it shows good faith that Roddy would come to camp while his agent works for a new deal. You know, maybe come in a day or two late, just to make a point but say, "Hey, I am here for the team," to encourage plenty of support for a new contract.

I don't have a problem with him wanting and getting more money, I have a problem with him acting like a primadona over it.

Give me a break

No problem with a better contract. Big problem with "Hold my breath until YOU turn blue in the face' holdout tantrums.

Roddy is not honoring his contract with the team who drafted him and who put up with the first two years of his mediocrity.

He needs to be in camp. Not holding out.

If he thinks he's done enough to warrant Fitzgerald money, he's off his rocker.

Roddy is not honoring his contract with the team who drafted him and who put up with the first two years of his mediocrity.

He needs to be in camp. Not holding out.

If he thinks he's done enough to warrant Fitzgerald money, he's off his rocker.

He doesn't want Fitz money. Fitz wasn't a 1000 yard receiver his rookie year and SIGNED A 6 YEAR 60 MILLION DOLLAR CONTRACT THE LARGEST ROOKIE CONTRACT IN NFL HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!

RODDY SIGNED A 5 YEAR 7 MILLION DOLLAR CONTRACT!!!

Next person to bring up Fitz's contract situation and compare it to Roddy's should just punch himself in the face all day

He doesn't want Fitz money. Fitz wasn't a 1000 yard receiver his rookie year and SIGNED A 6 YEAR 60 MILLION DOLLAR CONTRACT!!!!!!!!!!!

RODDY SIGNED A 5 YEAR 7 MILLION DOLLAR CONTRACT!!!

Next person to bring up Fitz's contract situation and compare it to Roddy's should just punch himself in the face all day

Fitz was also taken higher in the draft than Roddy. Fitz is also more talented than Roddy.

If he doesn't want Fitz money, or even close to it, then why is he taking so long to seal the deal?

I think that Roddy should get his money. I also believe that it would suit him better to report to Camp, while his agent works out a new contract, but if He and His agent feel like he needs to hold out then I dont see the big deal unless it gets drawn out too long, which means that someone is being cheap or someone is being greedy, and i think that Roddy might be leaning to the greedy side if he wants more than 9 mil

This is how I look at it.

We were patient with him while he basically played on the level of a high school student. We stuck with him and kept plugging him in. Now he's tasted two years of successs and cant give us that same patience. I agree he should be paid.........thats fine........put in your request and show up to work.

100% agree.

Fitz was also taken higher in the draft than Roddy. Fitz is also more talented than Roddy.

If he doesn't want Fitz money, or even close to it, then why is he taking so long to seal the deal?

Because his agent has pumped his head up with False hopes, the Falcons are not going to pay him more than 9 mil per year.

Don't you know the saying, "What have you done for me lately?" Well Roddy has been an All Pro lately, and that's what matters. Who gives a **** what he did his first two years with Mike Vick, Joey Harrington, Byron Leftwhich and Chris Redman at QB?

He played well enough last year to deserve his entire contract in one year. Every single one of the people on these boards criticizing him would do the EXACT same thing if they were in his position.

I don't like that he's not in camp and neither does he, but it's still the right thing to do. And when the season rolls around and Matt knows that he is going to have a target like Roddy to grow with longterm, he is going to be the happiest QB on the planet.