Wild Cat

LVfalconfan

The hype has died down a lot, but it seems every team wants to have a wild cat. I honestly dont believe it will be as effective and seems to be a cover up for poor qb play. Ryan Turner Roddy Gonz HD Jenkins are a td waiting to happen and their is no reason to take that unit of the field to run some high school offense.

The hype has died down a lot, but it seems every team wants to have a wild cat. I honestly dont believe it will be as effective and seems to be a cover up for poor qb play. Ryan Turner Roddy Gonz HD Jenkins are a td waiting to happen and their is no reason to take that unit of the field to run some high school offense.

We ran it last year with Jerious. You could even say we developed it with Vick and Dunn...

We had Norwood line up under center or had Ryan and Norwood both under center with direct snaps to Norwood. We got a TD and a decent chunk of yardage most of the time we did it.

The one play I really really want to see out of the wild cat is the college option play we used to run with YKW. The play is the same one we used during week 2 of the 2006 season.

For those who do not remember:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=2887...6&week=REG2

We set a team record that day and had 300+ yards on the ground. A big reason was because of this college read option play. I don't think Turner is the best back for it though. I think it would best be suited for someone like Jerious and Thomas Brown. The running back needs to be a one cut back (similar to Dunn)... Heck if we want to get technical and have a throw option out of it Shockley and Norwood would be perfect.

Mularkey prides himself on personnel packages, and this would be a heck of a package to have.

The one play I really really want to see out of the wild cat is the college option play we used to run with YKW. The play is the same one we used during week 2 of the 2006 season.

For those who do not remember:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=2887...6&week=REG2

We set a team record that day and had 300+ yards on the ground. A big reason was because of this college read option play. I don't think Turner is the best back for it though. I think it would best be suited for someone like Jerious and Thomas Brown. The running back needs to be a one cut back (similar to Dunn)... Heck if we want to get technical and have a throw option out of it Shockley and Norwood would be perfect.

Mularkey prides himself on personnel packages, and this would be a heck of a package to have.

that was kinda cool to see that old video.