White can be replaced

Hatch

White does deserve to get paid, he deserves to get his money, but if a contract cannot be worked out before the season starts, White can be replaced. However I do hope we give White a better contract because I think he deserved it....White needs to help get this contract finished ASAP or somebody else will take his spot. (I am not opposing to replacing White, don't assume that). One more thing, no need to panic because of White holdout. Sorry for the 1 millionth White topic.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Other than white needs to get his contract done asap. this was very confusing. You said He deserves to get paid and that he has earned it. But you are not opposed to just replacing him. that doesnt make a whole lot of sense to me.

White deserves to get paid. he is a **** good reciever. And he will only be better now with tony g in the offense. He will have another great year when this thing gets done. Save him a spot in the pro bowl

I hate Holdouts!

Part of me feels that Roddy is a Punk for doing so.

Logic dictates that there are considerations concerning the

CBA, 2010, and the player who was recently overpaid.

Being said.

You said Roddy can be replaced, but did not say who

you would replace him with.

Waiting for your answer. ;)

Other than white needs to get his contract done asap. this was very confusing. You said He deserves to get paid and that he has earned it. But you are not opposed to just replacing him. that doesnt make a whole lot of sense to me.

White deserves to get paid. he is a **** good reciever. And he will only be better now with tony g in the offense. He will have another great year when this thing gets done. Save him a spot in the pro bowl

How is it that confusing? Yes White does deserved to get paid, he deserved it but if a new contract doesn't happen, he can be replaced, we have other WR's that would step up.

I hate Holdouts!

Part of me feels that Roddy is a Punk for doing so.

Logic dictates that there are considerations concerning the

CBA, 2010, and the player who was recently overpaid.

Being said.

You said Roddy can be replaced, but did not say who

you would replace him with.

Waiting for your answer. ;)

Whoever shines the most, Douglas?

Like i said in another post, I don't think one person would replace him ... Ryan would spread the ball around a little more and there wouldn't be that much of a difference.

I agree with the general idea of the post tho ... he should get a new contract, but if he doesn't (then he would still be a Falcon this season) it's not going to be the end of the world, or the end of all Superbowl-dreams. After all WR is not the "make or break" position on this football team.

Replaced?? Yeah maybe....... but not this year! Our receiving corp is not that deep!

We need him in our offense this year........ without him... we are missing some potency!

Get it done TD........

THANK YOU. I don't even see the ? here. Yeah he can be replaced.... anyone can but your not going to be worth a ****. Thats like saying oh Ryan can be replaced by redman and we will be ok. Redman will step up.

White does deserve to get paid, he deserves to get his money, but if a contract cannot be worked out before the season starts, White can be replaced. However I do hope we give White a better contract because I think he deserved it....White needs to help get this contract finished ASAP or somebody else will take his spot. (I am not opposing to replacing White, don't assume that). One more thing, no need to panic because of White holdout. Sorry for the 1 millionth White topic.

I agree he can be replaced. Heck, ANYONE can be replaced. The matter is, how long will it take to get a replacement to perform, or even that can perform on the field like Roddy can.

I'm just saying that he can be replaced if a contract can't be worked out.

what??? NO HE CANNOT. not with anyone on our roster. you must be a cowboys fan too. cause they say that they will be just as good on offense without T.O. And thats no going to happen either. its kinda the same thing.

2008 (Falcons)

Recorded franchise highs in receptions (88), receiving yards (1,382), touchdowns (seven) and 100-yard games (seven). White’s reception total ranked third in the NFC and his receiving yard total was the fourth-best in the NFL.

Ranked tied for second in the NFL in third down receptions (29) and led the league in third down receiving yards (516).

Finished the season ranked third in the NFL in receptions of over 25 yards with 14.

Set a single-game career-high in receiving yards with 164 at New Orleans in Week 14.

The Falcons finished the season with a 5-1 record when White tallied one or more touchdowns in a contest.

In Atlanta’s Wild Card Playoff meeting at Arizona, White caught 11 passes which set a franchise record for catches in a postseason game.

Logged 119 receiving yards on five receptions with one touchdown vs. Kansas City (9/21). His 70-yard touchdown catch in the first quarter marked the longest reception of his career and his 100-yard receiving game was the eighth of his career.

Hauled in eight catches for 132 yards with one touchdown at Green Bay (10/5).

Posted nine receptions for 112 yards with one score vs. Chicago (10/12).

Registered 113 receiving yards on eight grabs with a season-high two touchdowns at Philadelphia (10/26).

Hauled in six receptions for 112 yards at San Diego (11/30). He became the first Falcons receiver to record back-to-back 1,000-yard receiving seasons since Terance Mathis (1998 and 99).

Recorded a career-high 164 receiving yards on a season-high 10 receptions at New Orleans (12/7).

Recorded his seventh receiving touchdown of the season against St. Louis (12/28) while setting the franchise record for receiving yards in a season with 1,382.

Started his first career playoff game in Atlanta’s Wild Card match-up at Arizona (1/3/09) and led the team in receiving with 11 receptions for 84 yards and one touchdown. Set postseason franchise records with eight first half catches and 11 total receptions in a game.

we wont miss any of this next year. Forget about him. He is a horrible person for trying to get paid.

I'm just saying that he can be replaced if a contract can't be worked out.

Im just saying that Roddy is not as easy to replace as you may think.

Douglas replacing Roddy would be like Welker replacing Moss.

On the other hand, you can look at how good Ryan is, but now

you are hoping that one of the Rooks has enough swagger and attitude

to carry us through the playoff's.

The window to capture a Tittle and a Ring is very narrow

at best, and it may open for us this season.

We need Roddy.

We need Roddy.

agreed. completely

Like i said in another post, I don't think one person would replace him ... Ryan would spread the ball around a little more and there wouldn't be that much of a difference.

Yeah, exactly. Douglas might get 1000 yards instead of 1200, but then Jenkins gets a few extra yards, Finn gets a few more opportunities, Gonzalez makes up a lot over what we had last year... It would get spread around more, and we'd still be at least as good as last year. Ryan, I believe, will be the kind of QB who will make WR's look replaceable. I like Roddy quite a bit, but I don't have a ton of respect for WR as a position, as compared to any other position on the offensive side of the ball. More than any other position, they are replaceable, simply for the fact that they are farthest from the center of the action.

I'm just not a fan of overpaying anyone, and if he's not biting on a 9Million a year deal, then he's wanting to get overpaid. More power to him if he can get it, but I hope we're not the fools who give it to him.

And yeah... I know a lot of folks are going to think that's the dumbest thing they've ever heard... the same people who think that a CB is the most crucial position on the other side of the ball.

We need Roddy.

YES.

We don't have a receiver of his caliber on the roster..... Size, speed, strength... No. 1 receiver....... and there is nothing on the FA board but veterans that want to get paid what Roddy wants anyway. It is about now! Its about making defenses play certain players.... so Ryan can check to the open man... Roddy gives us that ability with his Pro Bowl numbers.

I am going to quote you Karst "We NEED Roddy."

YES.

We don't have a receiver of his caliber on the roster..... Size, speed, strength... No. 1 receiver....... and there is nothing on the FA board but veterans that want to get paid what Roddy wants anyway. It is about now! Its about making defenses play certain players.... so Ryan can check to the open man... Roddy gives us that ability with his Pro Bowl numbers.

I am going to quote you Karst "We NEED Roddy."

I am going to start a thread on Roddy, only because I do not understand the CBA dynamic

at play.

Roddy can't be replaced, pay the man his money and quit dawdling and get him into camp, reminds me of when the original Jamal Anderson held out in 99, and it sucked what happened to him. I think they should have already had this deal done. Quit being cheap its not like we got a high No.1 pick were paying, they have cash. ;) Roddy is worth it. PAY HIM.