Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

atljbo

According to NFL.com, Falcons holdout Roddy White is seeking more money than Greg Jennings got this summer.

148 posts in this topic

I just searched on AOL, no story on White turning down 5 years 45 million. The guy was making it up.

Man, making up **** is a pretty fugged up thing to do. <_<

Greg Jennings also plays in a pass oriented offense. Plus 07 is a bit of a wash for all Falcons BUT Roddy White.

Man, making up **** is a pretty fugged up thing to do. <_<

Well, when I search for it and can't find it what am I supposed to think?

Ten million is rediculous, but I doubt he's asking for that. Since Greg Jennings got a 8 million/yr deal, he's probably asking for 8.5-9 a year.

Jennings got 9 million/year......Roddy wants more

Fitz got 10 million/year.....Roddy doesn't deserve that

Jennings got 9 million/year......Roddy wants more

Fitz got 10 million/year.....Roddy doesn't deserve that

He got a 3 year $26.35 million deal. Thats under 9 a year.

I just searched on AOL, no story on White turning down 5 years 45 million. The guy was making it up.

Im not making up a **** thing. I went thrugh alot of sites yesterday looking for info on it. Maybe I messed up in saying that it was AOL. It must have been another site. I know what I read and I also know that someone on this board reported the exact same thing

LMAO at you thinking Roddy is just an above average WR. Look at the numbers. He's a Top 10 WR EASILY, closer to Top 5. No one on this team can even hope to replace Roddy. No one one our team is the deep threat like Roddy is, no one is a threat on 3rd down like Roddy is, no one is a play-maker like Roddy is, no one is a YAC threat like Roddy is, no one draws double teams like Roddy does, and no one can make catches like Roddy does. He's fast enough to be a consistent deep threat and made plenty of acrobatic catches last year.

Roddy has played well enough to earn 8.5-9.5 million a year, and it's laughable that people are so willing to give up the first true #1 we have had this decade. He has great chemistry with our young stand-out QB and is a major cog in this offense. It's hysterical how people want to sit here and pretend he's not anything that great and could be so easily replaced.

Well, if you like to look at number than go play Madden. Because that's all they are good for. Roddy had two terrible years followed by two above average years. Tell me what does he do on the field that makes him so "elite". His speed, ummm no. He is not near the fastest WR we have. His hands, ummm no. He drops more than his share of balls and I've never seen him make anything like the plays that Fitzgerald or Owens or Smith make. His excellent route running skills, ummmm again no. He hits his routes, but he dosent blow CB's off of him and at times he has a hard time finding the openings on the field.

Roddy is no where near an 8 or 9 million a year WR. If you think just because he put up "good" numbers for two years than, well more power to you but I bet the Falcon's front office dosent agree. Any number one reciever in the league is going to draw some double coverages. It's the nature of the number one reciever to get the majority of the balls thrown to him. That's why he's the number one reciever.

And yes, we could replace Roddy. What makes you think that Jenkins could step into the number one role? Jenkins is faster, maybe not as crisp on the routes, but Jenkins is at practice!!!! How about Douglas. From what I hear he is blowing people away at camp so far.

Roddy needs to get his head on straight and realize that he is not the center of the freaking offense and yes, he can be replaced for a whole lot less than 9 million a year. We have two or three very good WR in camp and several other guys that are really hungry.

I don't know first hand, but I suspect it's not the annual salary, but the guaranteed amount that's causing the problem.

roddy is worth 7 mil a year and not a dime more. greg jennings is better than roddy and he got 8. he sure as **** is not worth more than jennings. if the FO caves and gives him anything over 7.5 i will puke. if they just want to get it done, i'd offer 5 years 7.5 mil a year. if he did not accept that, i would tell them that i had zero intention of retaining his services after 09 and it would be in his best interest to play if he wants to keep his value up for 2010 free agency. if the opportunity presented itself, i'd trade him but nobody else has had any luck with that.(boldin, marshall)

It has already been reported that he has turned down 9 mil a year

Is that true? Where was that reported? If that is true this is going to get real ugly, real fast. I can't see Roddy getting Fitz money and if he thinks he is going to he is getting bad advice.

I'd love to know where all these reporters are getting their information. My guess is that they are all just wild azz speculating.

Well, if you like to look at number than go play Madden. Because that's all they are good for. Roddy had two terrible years followed by two above average years. Tell me what does he do on the field that makes him so "elite". His speed, ummm no. He is not near the fastest WR we have. His hands, ummm no. He drops more than his share of balls and I've never seen him make anything like the plays that Fitzgerald or Owens or Smith make. His excellent route running skills, ummmm again no. He hits his routes, but he dosent blow CB's off of him and at times he has a hard time finding the openings on the field.

Roddy is no where near an 8 or 9 million a year WR. If you think just because he put up "good" numbers for two years than, well more power to you but I bet the Falcon's front office dosent agree. Any number one reciever in the league is going to draw some double coverages. It's the nature of the number one reciever to get the majority of the balls thrown to him. That's why he's the number one reciever.

And yes, we could replace Roddy. What makes you think that Jenkins could step into the number one role? Jenkins is faster, maybe not as crisp on the routes, but Jenkins is at practice!!!! How about Douglas. From what I hear he is blowing people away at camp so far.

Roddy needs to get his head on straight and realize that he is not the center of the freaking offense and yes, he can be replaced for a whole lot less than 9 million a year. We have two or three very good WR in camp and several other guys that are really hungry.

Maybe YOU need to realize how hard it is to replace a #1 WR. They don't grow on trees like many of you guys seem to think.

Im not making up a **** thing. I went thrugh alot of sites yesterday looking for info on it. Maybe I messed up in saying that it was AOL. It must have been another site. I know what I read and I also know that someone on this board reported the exact same thing

I didn't find anything on Google about Roddy and $45 million. I would have bet it would have come across this board. Lord knows atljbo doesn't let anything get through.

Explain how Roddy White put up better numbers?

Last year:

Roddy: 88 Catches 1382 Yds 15.7 AVG 4.4 YAC 7 TD's

Greg Jennings: 80 Catches 1292 Yds 16.2 AVG 4.8 YAC 9 TD's

Last 2 years:

Roddy: 13 TD's in 32 games

Greg Jennings: 21 TD's in 29 games

Greg Jennings is better than Roddy.

RODDY WHITE IS NOT WORTH 8 MILLION. 10 MILLION IS LAUGHABLE :lol:

DIMI WILL NOT BUDGE / STUTTER

I am one who keeps comparing the 2 of them but I wouldn't go as far to say Jennings is better... However, their stats are pretty close.. Jennings is also 2 years younger. I just don't think Roddy should be asking for more money than Jennings got. They overpaid him... and now Roddy thinks we should do the same. I'm all for paying Roddy what he is worth and for the record I think trading Roddy is a HORRIBLE idea. If it comes down to that I'd rather pay him the 10 million a year... and make less of it guaranteed then what we would if it was more like 7-9.

Him wanting 10 mil a year is just too much. He and his agent should know this. BUT until I see an official link that he has turned down a 5 year 40 million contract I'm not saying anything else on the subject. So far it sounds like a lot of rumors....

Anyone have an idea how many dropped passes they both had?

I know of one that Roddy had, that was in his hands, in the endzone, with no one around him, that cost us the game.

I didn't find anything on Google about Roddy and $45 million. I would have bet it would have come across this board. Lord knows atljbo doesn't let anything get through.

I've looked on all the sports sites I can find (haven't looked at any rumors or noncredible sites) and have found nothing.

It has came across this board. In one of the many Roddy threads someone reprted that he turned down the offer I am speaking of and also put were he had heard it from so I looked it up to verify it and he was correct. I am going to attempt to search through all these Roddy threads and find it

Love Roddy but he does not deserve more money than Jennings... They have very similar stats and Jennings is a year or two younger. Most feel Jennings was overpaid... I have had VERY little to say about this holdout but I must say at this point, which is just rumors, it sounds like he is asking for too much. 8 mil a year sounds about right to me....

agree with this.......Roddy and Greg Jennings very similiar. Jennings probably was overpaid at 3 years and $27 million. If Roddy wants more than $9 million per year - then "UCK-F" HIM.

Roddy White wants to be paid like the #1 WR in the NFL and he is about the 5th-10th best and probably reality is about 7 or 8th best.......sorry, I'm backing Falcons management here if that is what Roddy wants......he can sit out the next two years for all I care.....I hate it when guys overestimate their market value.

No way he is worth ten million. If he had played well all four years maybe and I think our other receivers can pick up the slack without him in the lineup myself. I certainly think he helps the team with us (as long as he keeps catching and not dropping) but I don't think we lose games without him on the team either. I'm not against a trade as well.