went to camp this morning...

Jenkins made some nice catches today. He made one early in practice over chevis and the crowd cheered.

Honestly, from where I sat Chevis struggled a bit in the beginning but he did get a pick today off Ryan I believe.

Harry Douglas is a gem. Roddy who? I can't lie, I want roddy to come into camp and get his contract taken care of but Harry made it easier to handle. He made some nice catches today and looked very focused and ran crisp routes. He's definitrely out to prove he can be a legitmate starter this year.

Gonzo caught everything in sight. There was one play where Gonzo was almost stripped of the ball by Nicholas. After the play even Gonzo had o give props because it was a good defensive effort and had they been playing seriously it could have easily gone the other way.

Also Peele had 2 very catchable drops...disappointed in that. Both were thrown by Ryan.

Mike Peterson is the energizer bunny. He's quick and just brings new energy to the team. I didn't get to watch him much but he was out there making noise.

Decoud looked good today as I knew he would (hence the sig :) ) but anyway, Grimes slipped and got beat but Decoud was there to help and viritually prevented the touchdown.

Grimes is very atheltic. Smitty wasn't lying he's probably the most atheletic guy on the roster. He almost had a pick today but the ball was overthrown so it was caught out of bounds.

William Moore is huge. He's clearly going to be an intimidating presence when crossing the field. He and coleman work well together. He looked like he was ready to hit someone. I saw a couple times where the coach pulled him to the side and was giving him pointers to coach him up. He seemed very responsive to whatever he was told because he seemed to improve after that.

Chris Houston got beat like he stole something a few times. The problem with Houston is his neck. Its like he just can't get it around. I wish he could because he can really stick with the recievers but he just can't finish the job. Hopefully he can work on that and get that fixed asap.

Chris Owens is something special. The only thing I can knock on him is his height. But he is a very smart player and seems to have a nose for the ball. Smith was by the DB's a lot today and appeared to like owens a lot from my view.

Turner is huge also. I can see why he broke so many tackles. He's literately a bowling ball with legs. He didn't do much but he did well on the drills I did see him participate in.

Norwood is quick and I really hope we use him more this year. He's also a genuinely nice guy. he signed everybodys stuff after practice and was always smiling.

Matt ryan was on point today too. He's clearly the leader of the team and mingled with Gonzo a lot.

All in all, I got autographs from chevis and Norwood and also a picture with william moore.

Fun day at the branch!

Any questions ill try and answer it if I can remember anything from what I saw. I know I probably left somethings out.

Can't wait til preseason!

DBG!

Jenkins made some nice catches today. He made one early in practice over chevis and the crowd cheered.

Honestly, from where I sat Chevis struggled a bit in the beginning but he did get a pick today off Ryan I believe.

Harry Douglas is a gem. Roddy who? I can't lie, I want roddy to come into camp and get his contract taken care of but Harry made it easier to handle. He made some nice catches today and looked very focused and ran crisp routes. He's definitrely out to prove he can be a legitmate starter this year.

Gonzo caught everything in sight. There was one play where Gonzo was almost stripped of the ball by Nicholas. After the play even Gonzo had o give props because it was a good defensive effort and had they been playing seriously it could have easily gone the other way.

Decoud looked good today as I knew he would (hence the sig :) ) but anyway, Grimes slipped and got beat but Decoud was there to help and viritually prevented the touchdown.

Grimes is very atheltic. Smitty wasn't lying he's probably the most atheletic guy on the roster. He almost had a pick today but the ball was overthrown so it was caught out of bounds.

William Moore is huge. He's clearly going to be an intimidating presence when crossing the field. He and coleman work well together. He looked like he was ready to hit someone. I saw a couple times where the coach pulled him to the side and was giving him pointers to coach him up. He seemed very responsive to whatever he was told because he seemed to improve after that.

Chris Houston got beat like he stole something a few times. The problem with Houston is his neck. Its like he just can't get it around. I wish he could because he can really stick with the recievers but he just can't finish the job. Hopefully he can work on that and get that fixed asap.

Chris Owens is something special. The only thing I can knock on him is his height. But he is a very smart player and seems to have a nose for the ball. Smith was by the DB's a lot today and appeared to like owens a lot from my view.

Turner is huge also. I can see why he broke so many tackles. He's literately a bowling ball with legs. He didn't do much but he did well on the drills I did see him participate in.

Norwood is quick and I really hope we use him more this year. He's also a genuinely nice guy. he signed everybodys stuff after practice and was always smiling.

Matt ryan was on point today too. He's clearly the leader of the team and mingled with Gonzo a lot.

All in all, I got autographs from chevis and Norwood and also a picture with william moore.

Fun day at the branch!

Any questions ill try and answer it if I can remember anything from what I saw. I know I probably left somethings out.

Can't wait til preseason!

DBG!

nice read man thanks

Thanks DBG. Man, the secondary battle is intense! I love it. And I'm loving what everyone's saying about Peterson. I've been tired of talking heads (or more accurately talking bloggers) blasting Peterson for the situation in Jacksonville last year -- implying that the reason he was benched was due to lack of ability, not butting heads with Coach del Rio. Hopefully he can keep that going all year, we really need a strong veteran presence in the LB Corps that can deliver on and off the field.

Good to hear.

That I didn't need to hear.

Check HER username.

I do have a question. Were they in full pads? I always feel like you get a better sense of what you're looking at when they have the pads on.

Well, They had the shoulder pads on but still weren't doing any real tackling. But it was still rather intense on the field. All I know is, if Willy Mo could have tackled he would have been all for it.

Thanks for the info. Do you have any info on how the D-line did, i know it is hard to focus on everything, so if not i understand, trust me.

I wish I could have seen the Dline but from where I sat I couldn't see enough to make any judgment. I did see Abe swarming around the field and Trey Lewis frequently in the backfield. He looks healthy and quick off the line. I didn't get a chance to see Jerry though I wish I did. Also, Sidbury is bigger than he appears on the photos.

I had my doubts about Houston ability to improve on that one key are of weakness for him, My doubts might be right ;)

yea but with that being the only thing, i think he focuses on it like mike smith is making him he will get it down. Remember this is his second year with mike just like JA98 i think this is make or break year for both of them

It's pure BS to put the boom or bust label on JA and CH. They are solid players that plenty of teams would love to have at a reasonable price. Ya ain't ever gonna get JA's bonus money back, so you have to look at what their regular salary is. When their contracts are up, TD, Smitty, and others will decide whether they should be retained and at what price.

It's pure BS to put the boom or bust label on JA and CH. They are solid players that plenty of teams would love to have at a reasonable price. Ya ain't ever gonna get JA's bonus money back, so you have to look at what their regular salary is. When their contracts are up, TD, Smitty, and others will decide whether they should be retained and at what price.

i fell ya and i dont man CH23 is solid and i like him, but if he cant make a play on the ball then he needs to be replaced. we run a zone here meaning our corners need to turn there heads and face the ball and make a play. he is getting better but we can trade him b4 he loses all value we are giving him a chance to get right he is our current starter we can do alot worst but we can also do better IMO he is a great # 2 CB

and JA98 he needs to show up or go home sid bury would love his spot and koy or IMO we can start jabe lewis jerry and babs on de and be A okay

i fell ya and i dont man CH23 is solid and i like him, but if he cant make a play on the ball then he needs to be replaced. we run a zone here meaning our corners need to turn there heads and face the ball and make a play. he is getting better but we can trade him b4 he loses all value we are giving him a chance to get right he is our current starter we can do alot worst but we can also do better IMO he is a great # 2 CB

and JA98 he needs to show up or go home sid bury would love his spot and koy or IMO we can start jabe lewis jerry and babs on de and be A okay

the problem is that we dont play tight man coverage which Houston is pretty good at, but we play a good amount of off man zone coverage, which is where Houston struggles at. I dont think that Houston gets burnt, but if he cant locate the ball consistently then he is going to get picked on, because Houston is going to have to work much harder to overcome that weakness adn he give the advantage to the WR.

NO one in this thread said anything about Boom or bust, stop being so sensative.

the problem is that we dont play tight man coverage which Houston is pretty good at, but we play a good amount of off man zone coverage, which is where Houston struggles at. I dont think that Houston gets burnt, but if he cant locate the ball consistently then he is going to get picked on, because Houston is going to have to work much harder to overcome that weakness adn he give the advantage to the WR.

i fill ya man the zone is our bread and butter b/c moore and owens our draft picks are good in the zone so man to man i believe we will se less of for years to come

and i am pulling for Chris to be our #1 CB but he has to turn his had and react

which i saw twice on 08-02-09 but needed to see more of

* I have doubts as to whether Houston will be on the team this time next year. He's not physical enough and not the instinctive football player that TD would take in the draft. Right now they don't have much choice, but unless he shows a lot more on the field this year i think he's gone.

Thanks for the info!

It is mentioned in every other thread and has been for 2 years. It's nonsense, and let the TWENTY THREE YEAR OLD defensive End (younger than our 1st round pick btw) DEVELOP. Don't bring him up if you can't talk about it w/o flipping out about how he's a bust. There are too many people here who lack patience. The guy is getting paid peanuts to play DE for us, and is a big big help against the run, which as a 2 down DE is crucial, especially since he has the ability to kick INSIDE on 3rd downs, and allowing us to have 4 sick pass rushers out there.

Are you actually saying that JA98 is a sick passer when he kicks inside <_<