Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff and Steve Wyche 790 the zone interview

atljbo

Sorry to inconvenience you,but this is a pretty important interview that I can't here at work.. Could you please summarize

Only listened to a few minutes but,

TD says that he understands the business and negotiation side of it but that isn't how they wants business done. He says he should be here practicing, says he's really confident they are close to getting it done, sooner rather than later. And they have been in ongoing discussions.

Only listened to a few minutes but,

TD says that he understands the business and negotiation side of it but that isn't how they wants business done. He says he should be here practicing, says he's really confident they are close to getting it done, sooner rather than later. And they have been in ongoing discussions.

Thanks. He's right. He could at least be practicing. Although they have known for a while he was satisfied. He shouldn't have signed that long rookie contract. I just don't understand how players and teams can do that.

Better hope Thomas doesn't cave in, once he does that for one players the rest will follow soon after... :)

I wouldn't call it caving in, I think this is one of the cases where a contract dispute makes sense for the player AND the team. The Falcons would love to only pay Roddy ~$3 million for this year but locking him up before the 2010 season and the mess that will come with UFA and RFA during next offseason will be well worth the extra cash if they can lock him up for 4-5 more seasons.

I wouldn't call it caving in, I think this is one of the cases where a contract dispute makes sense for the player AND the team. The Falcons would love to only pay Roddy ~$3 million for this year but locking him up before the 2010 season and the mess that will come with UFA and RFA during next offseason will be well worth the extra cash if they can lock him up for 4-5 more seasons.

Yeah I agree. People are saying if they cave in the rest of the team will do the same. I think if the figure is a good one for both parties , and an extended length it shouldn't look to bad for the organization.

he said he'd want to have roddy in camp but he's not and they're getting the deal done. thinks our offense will help our young D get ready for the season. is really really excited about the addition of TG. loves seeing ryan and TG hook up and day dreamed about TG coming out in our tunnel week 1 before the deal got done.

he said he'd want to have roddy in camp but he's not and they're getting the deal done. thinks our offense will help our young D get ready for the season. is really really excited about the addition of TG. loves seeing ryan and TG hook up and day dreamed about TG coming out in our tunnel week 1 before the deal got done.

So I guess the Offense will come out Week 1... that will probably get the Dome going over the reworked D. :P ;)

Thanks. He's right. He could at least be practicing. Although they have known for a while he was satisfied. He shouldn't have signed that long rookie contract. I just don't understand how players and teams can do that.

Exactly, he could have very easily negotiated a voidable last year in his contract if he hit certain statistical marks like Duckett and Kerney did.

Going about this in completely the wrong manner...

Better hope Thomas doesn't cave in, once he does that for one players the rest will follow soon after... :)

Something tells me you guys may want to dress your DBs to look like WRs in your Bucs practices.

That way the kid you have at QB will learn who NOT to throw to.

Remember, he held out of training camp to GET that contract. Now he is holding out because it's not enough.