Get Your Money Now Roddy

This actually is a smart move by Roddy and his agent. With the presence of Gonzales, and the emergence of Douglas and Jenkins, it is quite possible that Roddy numbers might take a dip. Seeing this potential, Roddy has chosen to stand on his numbers from the past two seasons and ask for his money now rather than later. Let's say he would have chosen to come to camp and had a 60 catch, 950 yard, 6td season 2009. Going into free agency, who would pay top WR money for that. He would have had no leverage or bargaining power. Get your money Roddy.

This actually is a smart move by Roddy and his agent. With the presence of Gonzales, and the emergence of Douglas and Jenkins, it is quite possible that Roddy numbers might take a dip. Seeing this potential, Roddy has chosen to stand on his numbers from the past two seasons and ask for his money now rather than later. Let's say he would have chosen to come to camp and had a 60 catch, 950 yard, 6td season 2009. Going into free agency, who would pay top WR money for that. He would have had no leverage or bargaining power. Get your money Roddy.

Actually it is not a "smart" move- it is one of the oldest moves in sports- called "getting paid" I have been posting this for the past few days. We lost Kearney because he wanted his pay day. The list goes on & on in sports.

It has nothing to do with their love of the team or us fans. It is all about them getting the big pay day working in the big Show. Do I think White deserves top 20 WR money? Sure. Does TD believe so? That is their decision to how much and when.

Rooting for a player to take his team to the salary cleaners in a controlled salary cap situation seems insane to me.

Actually it is not a "smart" move- it is one of the oldest moves in sports- called "getting paid" I have been posting this for the past few days. We lost Kearney because he wanted his pay day. The list goes on & on in sports.

It has nothing to do with their love of the team or us fans. It is all about them getting the big pay day working in the big Show. Do I think White deserves top 20 WR money? Sure. Does TD believe so? That is their decision to how much and when.

Rooting for a player to take his team to the salary cleaners in a controlled salary cap situation seems insane to me.

The NFL is a business. Don't ever get it twisted. If Roddy goes out and tears his knee up in camp, will the TEAM and FANS take care of him and his family?

If Roddy goes out and tears his knee up in camp, will the TEAM and FANS take care of him and his family?

I agree it is a business, but your statement is a little far fetched. He has made as much money already than most people do in a lifetime. With a good financial advisor and a solid budget he already has enough money to never have to work a day in his life. His total contract was worth 7 million dollars. That is 4 million after taxes. Say he spends 1.5 million on a house and 2-3 cars and that leaves him 2.5 million. That means if he makes only 5% interest a year, that he would make $125,000 per year off of interest alone for the rest of his life with no mortgage. That is plenty of money.

This next contract insures that his kids never have to work a day in their life.

These situations are tough, and I see both sides of a hold out. But don't come with the taking care of their family stuff like they don't have enough money to eat. Don't get me wrong, I am not one of those people who hate on somebody for trying to make money or think that athletes don't deserve it. But he is not starving for food. Heck really none of us are and he has way more money than most of us.

The NFL is a business. Don't ever get it twisted. If Roddy goes out and tears his knee up in camp, will the TEAM and FANS take care of him and his family?

Pshhh :rolleyes:

Including this year, he's made 7.3 millions dollars (not counting endorsements or investments). If you are not set for life on that, you've completely mismanaged your money.

Also, I have a friend that played in the NFL for four years, never started a game, made close to league minimum all four years before a career ending injury. He receives 15K a month from the league and doesn't do anything outside of investing.

So please spare us this, Roddy is holding out because he needs to clothe and feed his starving children type BS. :lol:

I am a fan, if I go out and get injured, will the other fans take care of me? No. It IS a business- nothing very guaranteed in life for Roddy, me or you