Tennessee's Berry trumps Tebow in SEC vote.

SacFalcFan

I would really like to see Berry make it to NY, he got robbed last year for the best DB in the nation which he should win this year. I think no matter how well the team does he has virtually no shot to win the heisman however. That's not a knock on him in any way but I just don't see enough people putting their weight behind him when there's 3 QB's out there that would, to the voters, make better poster boys.

he'd need to return punts and play some O, but i dont see that happening the risk vs reward is probably too high even with the heismann push being made. Breaking the NCAA INT return yards in the first couple of weeks(probably the first) will bring about some needed publicity but i doubt it would be enough for a win, he'd probably need to break all INT records - yards, TD's and number of INTs - of all time, in a season and probably even in a game

...an invite to NYC however would be like winning it.

EDIT: Also as much as ive enjoy CLK annoying the rest of the SEC, the negative view from the media may hamper EB's heisman case.

I wonder if eric berry will be in new york at the end of the year.. it will be interesting to see if he is recognized as a legitimate contender in the end.

Not unless he gets some touches on offense like Charles Woodson. I think Berry is the best defensive player in the country, but the Heisman has shown that they don't care about defense.

I wonder if eric berry will be in new york at the end of the year.. it will be interesting to see if he is recognized as a legitimate contender in the end.

Probably not cause he plays in the SEC, not the Big 10 and isn't named Charles Woodson. That 97 Heisman that Peyton Manning didn't win was the biggest bunch of garbage in the world.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Champ Bailey had more return yardage, more INTs and also lined up at WR some for UGA in the 98 season, but wasn't even mentioned for the Heisman. I haven't paid any attention to that "award" since Peyton got screwed over.

he'd need to return punts and play some O, but i dont see that happening the risk vs reward is probably too high even with the heismann push being made.

Tenn has absolutely nothing to lose this year and Berry is long gone after this season, so why not use this rumored Wild Berry a few times a game. I think Lane knows he has a gifted player and will use him in any capacity knowing this kid will be in NYC come NFL Draft Weekend.

Tenn has absolutely nothing to lose this year and Berry is long gone after this season, so why not use this rumored Wild Berry a few times a game. I think Lane knows he has a gifted player and will use him in any capacity knowing this kid will be in NYC come NFL Draft Weekend.

They were going to last year when Gerald Jones was out.