What Position Next Year?

WOW..... its early but this is the first time ive felt like we dont have a big need ....... I feel like OL, TE and LB are 3 positions i would look at....... The thing is... Unless Bryan Bulaga or Sean Weatherspoon drop into the late 1st round i dont see why Thomas Dimitroff wouldnt trade that late 1st rounder for a 2nd and 3rd round pick...... We had a chance to do it with the 24th pick but TD wanted to do his 2 year draft plan....... I can easily see us trading back and doing this.

I have been saying all along that 1st rd will either be OT or OLB. There are only 4 guys I like for the 1st rd. And I'm only talking about the

1st rd. They are Trent Williams, Bryan Bulaga, Adam Ulatoski, and Spoon. If they are not there then I would try to trade back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR0o8lppTOM...re=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtP8w8nXDrw...re=channel_page

imo next years draft will be focused on getting quality depth to develop all over the field (specifically the offensive line). I think we have depth at Center with Rhomberg, so we could invest an early pick on a center and let the two compete for a starting spot.

We could lose both Clabo and Dahl in FA, and if thats the case our entire off season could be predicated on finding offensive linemen. I also think we still need to find a future at OLB.

I agree legion i doubt we go CB or LB early if everything goes as expected. I think it will be either OL or TE, but i am leaning towards OL due to the fact that i doubt we resign both Clabo Dahl. What are the thoughts about a RB if we dont resign Norwood or do we let brown take over 2nd on the depth chart if Norwood is not resigned.

I could definitely see us going with the best CB available.

If Clabo makes strides at RT this year, and we resolve our LB problem through FA, (maybe Thomas Howard) I could see us going with a potential "Shut Down" CB.

It definitely takes time to develop players, but I honestly do not feel that we have a guy on our roster who can take on the best WRs in the league.

The obvious pick would be OT early, but I wouldn't be surprised to see us go with a CB or maybe a Center to immediately replace McClure.

At this point of the season, I think we could improve our linebacking core next offseason. Brandon Spikes looks like someone I want right now, and I don't know if he'll fall either. At this point last season though, a lot of people were rating Maulauga high on their draft boards and look how far he fell. All I'm saying is, it's way too early to tell for sure where a player will go.

At this point of the season, I think we could improve our linebacking core next offseason. Brandon Spikes looks like someone I want right now, and I don't know if he'll fall either. At this point last season though, a lot of people were rating Maulauga high on their draft boards and look how far he fell. All I'm saying is, it's way too early to tell for sure where a player will go.

I think we could end up with a top talent at LB..... whether it is Sean Weatherspoon, Brandon Spikes, or whoever makes a name for themselves by draft time.

Natural 4-3 LBs are becoming insignificant to a lot of teams. The Falcons are one of the few teams that still run it. Nowadays, rush LBs are the ones taken early in the draft. That is why guys like James Laurinitis and Rey Maulauga fell even further than expected. If you can't rush the passer, your stock usually takes a bit of a hit.... Aaron Curry is an exception.

you can find good 4-3 LBs and 3-4 ILBs much later in the draft. I honestly hope we can get Thomas Howard in FA to play OLB, but I wouldn't mind getting a guy like Spikes or Weatherspoon.

I want the best available OT to help build around Ryan.

As I have always said , take the big uglies in the first 2 rds and then get your backs in the middle rds, and WR's then go with the big uglies in the last rd also. Meaning Linmen in the first 2 rds, I love the fact we did that this year and as I said right after teh draft , Walker is the best Value pick we had in the draft and very well could be one of the best steals in the draft. I wanted him bad.Love it.

That is how Pitt drafts and look at their success. The always take the best DL available with their first pick unless they need a QB.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a WR drafted in one of the first 3 rounds

There is a player who I believe is going to be special in the league If he decides to turn pro,

which I think he will, imo the WR class doesnt really have big names as of now, there maybe 3 guys who I see having a first round value next to there name in all the mocks and rankings and the only one out of that group Ive heard of is Dez Bryant

If he decides to come out I think he will be out of our range, depending on the season of course, Julio Jones out of Bama

AJ Green may come out to and I think he might fall, but Julio Jones looks like a B Marshall mixed with Fitz on tape